User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Strange, I know him very well and so does everyone I know.
I have seem him live probably more than any other artist I like too

It is ignorant to judge an artists popularity on his chart ratings in the US.....if you look at the countries Finn was successful in they are mostly Commonwealth countries. Chart ratings in the US does not define success.
But this is an AMERICAN band, who plays primarily here. Do you understand that distinction?
Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But this is an AMERICAN band...
If only one Brit would have stood up for Lindsey.
Then all this would have never happened.

Finn,
If not for the internet I wouldn't know who he was.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But this is an AMERICAN band, who plays primarily here. Do you understand that distinction?
So patronising

Fleetwood Mac is actually a British American band...where its highest chart album success actually is not in US charts at all but in fact the UK, Aus and NZ

My point is whether you know Finn/CH or Split Enz personally means very little, he gets very little US AirPlay on the radio nor does he market himself there specifically, but he is renowned for his talent and has received the highest award possible in his country for his musical contribution.

I don't wish to compare them but the same can be said for Lindsey....unless you are a specific fan of his solo work or know FM well, very few people would know his name
Old 08-13-2018, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So patronising

Fleetwood Mac is actually a British American band...where its highest chart album success actually is not in US charts at all but in fact the UK, Aus and NZ

My point is whether you know Finn/CH or Split Enz personally means very little, he gets very little US AirPlay on the radio nor does he market himself there specifically, but he is renowned for his talent and has received the highest award possible in his country for his musical contribution.

I don't wish to compare them but the same can be said for Lindsey....unless you are a specific fan of his solo work or know FM well, very few people would know his name
Pot, meet kettle.

Gee, thanks for the FM history lesson. I had no idea!

Most of us don't give a flying f*ck who Neil Finn is.

Lindsey IS the creative force that made our band who they are. They'd have died 30 years ago without him.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pot, meet kettle.

Gee, thanks for the FM history lesson. I had no idea!

Lindsey IS the creative force that made our band who they are. They'd have died 30 years ago without him.
Well clearly you NEEDED the history lesson

And I disagreed about Lindsey being the creative force of the band...when?
Did I ever allude to wishing Lindsey was fired and that Neil should replace him, no, not all.....
Old 08-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well clearly you NEEDED the history lesson

And I disagreed about Lindsey being the creative force of the band...when?
Did I ever allude to wishing Lindsey was fired and that Neil should replace him, no, not all.....
Opinions are like.... what?

I'm saying most of us don't give AF about Neil. I personally don't want to hear his stats.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Opinions are like.... what?

I'm saying most of us don't give AF about Neil. I personally don't want to hear his stats.
I am not in the slightest bit bothered if you like him or hate him, it makes no difference to me at all...I'm not like his cousin or anything weird....but simply know what you are talking about before you write rubbish and don't say 'most of us' and generalise and speak for others, allow people to speak for themselves....it's simple manners
Old 08-14-2018, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am not in the slightest bit bothered if you like him or hate him, it makes no difference to me at all...I'm not like his cousin or anything weird....but simply know what you are talking about before you write rubbish and don't say 'most of us' and generalise and speak for others, allow people to speak for themselves....it's simple manners
Whatevs.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing that folks on this site think that Fleetwood Mac is an American band.

They were created as a fully British band that recorded nine albums with zero Americans in the band. In 1975, they brought two Americans into the band. They then recorded eight more albums, seven of which were with Lindsey and one without.

That makes eleven albums without Lindsey and seven with Lindsey. It is true that Lindsey was the creative force (producer, arranger) behind those seven albums and he did lead them through their most commercially successful years but he wasn't the primary songwriter during those years and he certainly relied heavily on having two elite songwriters in the band in Christine and Stevie.

Lindsey's solo albums were largely commercial flops because he's not an elite songwriter, although he is certainly an elite producer/arranger.

Either way, Fleetwood Mac began as a British band and on their 10th album they became a British/American band. Now they are a British/American/Kiwi band.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you think that we don't ALL know that Mick, John, and Chris are British, gtfo. The HUGE popularity that made them a household name was when they moved here, and added Lindsey and $tevie.

Yes, there were the Peter Green years, we're not discussing that... PLEASE don't try to school me(or any of the regulars on here) about the history.

I had read that you(SM) were banned. I guess it was only a vacation you were given? Good to have you back.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Strange, I know him very well and so does everyone I know.
I have seem him live probably more than any other artist I like too
It is ignorant to judge an artists popularity on his chart ratings in the US.....if you look at the countries Finn was successful in they are mostly Commonwealth countries. Chart ratings in the US does not define success.
LOL, I know a stiff upper lip when I see one. I'm sure you and the people you know have a far more elaborated taste in music than me and the people I know. Because I'm in Germany where neither Crowded House nor Neil Finn ever had any impact. They just didn't happen here, because - you know - teutonic/barbaric ears and stuff...

Last edited by AncientQueen; 08-14-2018 at 02:24 AM..
Old 08-14-2018, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would guarantee you more people know Don't Dream It's Over than Trouble. Guarantee it. Does that matter? Not to me. But everything that poster made a point to say about Neil Finn applied to Lindsey, too.
But still Don't Dream It's Over is not a solo song from Neil Finn. Compare it to Go Your Own Way and you have a reasonable comparison AND your answer.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 08-14-2018 at 02:10 AM..
Old 08-14-2018, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you think that we don't ALL know that Mick, John, and Chris are British, gtfo.
Then why were you stupid enough to call the band AMERICAN then?
Old 08-14-2018, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm not even an American, so stop judging. I'm in Germany and I'm not ignorant, neither Crowded House nor Neil Finn ever had impact here.
I certainly never said you were American, it's clear from your profile that you reside in Germany. I was talking about the US charts. I was saying its ignorant to say that just because you personally don't know Finn, or anyone else you know knows him, that he is unknown....Again I said he is successful predominantly in other countries is my point...if you live anywhere else from a Commonwealth country it's highly likely he's not popular there.....same analogy could be said for Kylie or Blur
Old 08-14-2018, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I certainly never said you were American, it's clear from your profile that you reside in Germany. I was talking about the US charts. I was saying its ignorant to say that just because you personally don't know Finn, or anyone else you know knows him, that he is unknown....Again I said he is successful predominantly in other countries is my point...if you live anywhere else from a Commonwealth country it's highly likely he's not popular there.....same analogy could be said for Kylie or Blur
You still adressed me about US Charts as if that has anything to do with my musical taste. And Kylie is a superstar over here, same as Blur/Gorillaz AND Fleetwood Mac. It's possible to be famous around the world, just not for everyone.