Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2023, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Story of Silver Springs - The Best Song I've Ever Written

https://people.com/stevie-nicks-silv...-track-7975700
Old 10-06-2023, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I saw an interview where she said it was just Mick at the parking lot who told her SS was cut from Rumours. Not Mick and Lindsey.

And thought it could help, I don't think that SS exactly kicked The Dance into the universe. It was the reunion itself that did it.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have never heard this version. Like Villavic, I thought they were in the studio and made a point of moving out to the parking lot to have the discussion, because they knew it would be bad vibes. Also that it was just Mick. IF Stevie's latest retelling is accurate, though, it's telling that Mick and Lindsey were at the studio while Stevie was rocking up late. Seems unlikely they would know the exact time to be in the parking lot for her arrival, so I doubt this version. The fact Stevie can't even say whether she stayed on or took the day off suggests her testimony is shaky.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think I saw an interview where she said it was just Mick at the parking lot who told her SS was cut from Rumours. Not Mick and Lindsey.

And thought it could help, I don't think that SS exactly kicked The Dance into the universe. It was the reunion itself that did it.
The reunion was a big deal, but it was Silver Springs and Landslide that wound up being played on MTV/VH1 around the clock for almost that entire year.

HOWEVER, I really dislike how she stated it in this interview. Another classic bitter Stevie comment where she attempts to take credit for something much larger than herself.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-06-2023 at 09:13 AM..
Old 10-06-2023, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The reunion was a big deal, but it was Silver Springs and Landslide that wound up being played on MTV/VH1 around the clock for almost that entire year.

HOWEVER, I really dislike how she stated it in this interview. Another classic bitter Stevie comment where she attempts to take credit for something much larger than herself.
It's almost as if....

If someone dies, it's about her... and how close they were, and how they were incredible, and how she can't get over it.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's almost as if....

If someone dies, it's about her... and how close they were, and how they were incredible, and how she can't get over it.
Her best friend Tom Petty? Her best friend Prince? Her best friend Christine?

The revision of her relationship with Christine has become beyond tiresome. She is exhausting.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Her best friend Tom Petty? Her best friend Prince? Her best friend Christine?

The revision of her relationship with Christine has become beyond tiresome. She is exhausting.
If Lindsey goes before her, its going to be such nauseating, duplicitous speak from Stevie.

Last edited by John Run; 10-06-2023 at 05:02 PM..
Old 10-06-2023, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs and Sweet Girl are my favorite tracks from The Dance. The way she speaks about her role in the album’s success is painful.

And what’s the “strong woman” comment? I thought only in 2018 she became a “strong woman.” Story always changes.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IDWK was the right song to include on Rumours. It’s up, balances the running order, and provides an opportunity to immortalize the Appalachian folk harmonies LB/SN did so well.

Silver Springs in its original form was underwhelming. Her vocal doesn’t provide the gravitas and dynamics the song deserves. Her voice would grow into the song. I hate that it’s now included in the running order on Rumours rereleases and her fans talk of it as if it were part of the original album. It wasn’t.

But it is THE highlight—or one of the main highlights—of The Dance, and her performance reestablished her celebrity in the public eye. She used it to build a whole new empire for herself. And while I hate the emperor she became, she knew enough to seize the moment and not let go.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
If Lindsey goes before her, its going to be such nauseating, duplicitous speak from Stevie.
Hoping that if that order does happen, it’s a LONG time in the future. That said, I’d imagine some nasty ass fireworks would come from his wife and daughters in response. Not that it would matter - Stevie would just continue to use that as another way to promote herself and all the horrible hardships she endured throughout her life.

The poor waitress that she was. Living with the mattress on the floor because she was so poor. Except that her Dad was a successful executive and she lived a rather privileged life from day one. But let’s not let facts get in the way of her sob story.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
IDWK was the right song to include on Rumours. It’s up, balances the running order, and provides an opportunity to immortalize the Appalachian folk harmonies LB/SN did so well.

Silver Springs in its original form was underwhelming. Her vocal doesn’t provide the gravitas and dynamics the song deserves. Her voice would grow into the song. I hate that it’s now included in the running order on Rumours rereleases and her fans talk of it as if it were part of the original album. It wasn’t.

But it is THE highlight—or one of the main highlights—of The Dance, and her performance reestablished her celebrity in the public eye. She used it to build a whole new empire for herself. And while I hate the emperor she became, she knew enough to seize the moment and not let go.
100%. And if there was another single on Rumours, IDWK was likely the right choice with SHN being the other option. It just fits on Rumours perfectly. Now Silver Springs is the best song she ever wrote? Of course she has to (as always, late) jump on the trend of that Dance performance gaining TikTok popularity. Is it better than Show Them The Way?
Old 10-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
100%. And if there was another single on Rumours, IDWK was likely the right choice with SHN being the other option. It just fits on Rumours perfectly. Now Silver Springs is the best song she ever wrote? Of course she has to (as always, late) jump on the trend of that Dance performance gaining TikTok popularity. Is it better than Show Them The Way?
Keeping track of Stevie’s self-proclaimed best songs:
1. Edge Of Seventeen
2. Show Them The Way
3. Stand Back (says she stole it from Prince)
4. The Vampire’s Wife which she has not released (New Yorker Interview in 2022)
5. Touched By An Angel
6. Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream)
7. Dreams (because it was the band’s only Billboard number one)
8. Silver Springs
Old 10-06-2023, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Keeping track of Stevie’s self-proclaimed best songs:
1. Edge Of Seventeen
2. Show Them The Way
3. Stand Back (says she stole it from Prince)
4. The Vampire’s Wife which she has not released (New Yorker Interview in 2022)
5. Touched By An Angel
6. Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream)
7. Dreams (because it was the band’s only Billboard number one)
8. Silver Springs
She’s also claimed HAEWAFY is her greatest, most intense song.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Coming up... she claims Silent Night is the best song she has ever written.
Old 10-07-2023, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Coming up... she claims Silent Night is the best song she has ever written.
Does she realize that she comes across as completely insane to normal people?