THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-25-2023, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was the ultimate dream come true.

https://youtu.be/hs6pLUaj1D0?si=D6wfxlO8eA6QYsWN
I'm in Sydney, Australia where it's currently 5.30 am

THANK YOU -- what a way to start the working day! I'd forgotten this video of her return even existed. SO GOOD!!!
Old 09-25-2023, 02:41 PM

I've watched that at least 100 times. I actually cried a little seeing this again. Wow
Old 09-25-2023, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

argh that makes me cry, too. so glad she came back. and john looked so proud of her.

--Lis
Old 09-25-2023, 03:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

So bittersweet. Sad now but still so powerful and visceral!
Old 09-25-2023, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The dream catcher did it!
Old 09-26-2023, 03:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's wonderful to watch this again, thanks for posting it. I was there the night before - so frustrating to have missed it!

I know we all longed for a final final reunion, but this was the one that mattered. The Rumours Five got back after so long. The On With The Show tour was a dream come true - and I count BuckVie as a Mac album anyway. The fact that they couldn't keep it going beyond that is probably the most Fleetwood Mac thing they could have done, so it ended the way it was always going to end.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there at the O2 with my brother and sister in law. I kind of knew it might happen but still couldn’t quite believe it.

I remember my heart was beating so fast and I was so nervous for her, but it was like she’d never been away, and I felt so happy. This was the one and only time I saw the Rumours Five together and it was so special.
Old 09-26-2023, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there too, up in the gods. What I can remember most is the roar that shook the O2 like a wave hurtling towards the stage just as Christine started the second verse. An amazing moment.

This "guerilla" cut captures it all rather well (although I suspect some of the shots might be from her second appearance).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fe23suPuEY

Oh dear. I'm blubbing all over again.
Old 09-26-2023, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I was there too, up in the gods. What I can remember most is the roar that shook the O2 like a wave hurtling towards the stage just as Christine started the second verse. An amazing moment.

This "guerilla" cut captures it all rather well (although I suspect some of the shots might be from her second appearance).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fe23suPuEY

Oh dear. I'm blubbing all over again.
God, thanks for sharing that. I'd love to hear more about it from you and anyone that was there. It was an epic moment in my life (virtualy) But, still.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there that night too. Pretty close. Marriage, birth of my daughter…..that night was up there. Was amazing. 10 years ago????……f@*#ing hell!!!!!!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-26-2023, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was, at least for me, a great feeling of catharsis. Even had I known of Fleetwood Mac #10 in 1980 I would have been too young to have gone to see them, mystified as I would have been by Tusk. When I did become a fan in 1987 I was pretty downhearted when I learned that Lindsey had quit- so much so that I couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to see the re-moulded band on the two following tours. No offence to Vito and Burnette, but it didn't feel like a continuation of the legend. Then I compared the dull blandness of Behind the Mask to the sonic beauty of Out of the Cradle and despaired, not only, that I would never see the full line-up live but that the band had lost a vital creative spark.

The semi-live Clinton inauguration was the act of a capricious God teaming up with his infernal opposite number to taunt us. The pot pourri of Time with a contractually-obligated and semi-detached Christine seemed to play the joke two steps too far. Then there was the brief hope and hoopla of the Dance and I was crushed again when our English girl wouldn't tour her homeland, where she promptly retired, and occasional out-of-focus photos would emerge of her in the papers, walking her dogs. In the meantime did not seem to presage anything that put her back on stage with the four others that I did go and see on tour. They were great and gothic, arty and argumentative, but I always left those gigs with a real sense of loss. I just felt doomed that I had been born at a time that was as synchronised as possible with future Fleetwood Mac personnel crises.

So yes, when a clearly delighted and animated Christine McVie got on that stage that night ten years ago, my fandom felt complete. Yes, she only sang the lead on one verse on a throwback quasi-bluesy stomp, but it was if everyone's favourite auntie had fortified herself with a sweet sherry at Christmas and went full tilt at the ivories, just for old time's sake. Each of the five looked at each other and I looked at the five. A perfect moment, indeed.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 09-27-2023 at 05:41 AM..
Old 09-26-2023, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post

So yes, when a clearly delighted and animated Christine McVie got on that stage that night ten years ago, my fandom felt complete. Yes, she only sang the lead on one verse on a throwback quasi-bluesy stomp, but it was if everyone's favourite auntie had fortified herself with a sweet sherry at Christmas and went full tilt at the ivories, just for old time's sake. Each of the five looked at each other and I looked at the five. A perfect moment, indeed.
Because the QUEEN of FM had returned. I'm sure Stevie was jealous of all the love Christine received. And yet, as many have theorized, this now gave Stevie the ability to get Lindsey fired.

Conniving old #$%&*.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:34 AM

I still can't believe it's been 10 years. This blows my mind.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone else remember the really early days when little clues about Christine returning started to pop up. I remember Mick posting a picture of him and Christine out to dinner with a group of people in Hawaii, then we started to hear about her potentially performing with his Blues Band. It was beyond an exciting time!