User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
As a mere infant when it was released, it was a solid 18 or so years before I got a hold of it. In my post-Dance infatuation with getting as much information on the band, it was absolutely jarring to hear the difference between the polished gloss of The Dance and the stuff off the Live album. I absolutely adored it from the first listen. That Rhiannon alone was worth the price of the double CD. Sara, Go Your Own Way, I’m So Afraid, Over and Over (with that “let me dowwwwwn again” from L&S)…totally amazing. I still can’t drive to Cleveland without playing GYOW just to align my travel with that “CLEVELAND! Thank you very much we love you!” at the end.
Over And Over and Oh Well are the highlights for me. Few songs surpass the studio recording, but O&O does! And other than hearing Oh Well during the Tusk tour, I didn't know it. But I LOVED it when I got Live. I still crank it to 10 when it comes on. I didn't care about the Peter Green era, nor the Bob Welch era(although I grew to love the Bob Welch era).
Old 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM

I've not heard an Over and Over that I didn't love.

It's just a true beautiful work horse. If that makes sense.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have always said that Gypsy was what started my Fleetwood Mac fandom. But the Live album was the catalyst.

It was the first Fleetwood Mac album I ever bought (Mirage was taped from a friend's album). So I loved the Live album and it made me wonder how the studio versions would sound; of course not the popular songs but there are several songs I hadn't heard before. So after Live, I started to buy all the studio albums (Rumours lineup). The rest is history.

By the way, do you mean these?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I came running out of K-mart, struggling to get the shrink wrap off of those dual 8- tracks!
Old 09-20-2023, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I have always said that Gypsy was what started my Fleetwood Mac fandom. But the Live album was the catalyst.

It was the first Fleetwood Mac album I ever bought (Mirage was taped from a friend's album). So I loved the Live album and it made me wonder how the studio versions would sound; of course not the popular songs but there are several songs I hadn't heard before. So after Live, I started to buy all the studio albums (Rumours lineup). The rest is history.

By the way, do you mean these?

Yes.
The cases on mine were black, though.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've not heard an Over and Over that I didn't love.

It's just a true beautiful work horse. If that makes sense.
Just that one song made the live album worth it IMHO. We always say that Lindsey's closing jams end too soon. The live track Lindsey gets into an almost hypnotic jam that takes the song to the stratosphere. The harmonies are superb too (don't let me down again).
While a different sort of jam at the end, it almost reminds me of the jam at the end of Only Over You. Its so good you don't want it to stop.
The Sara is perfection on the Live album. I was so disappointed to find out it was touched. Thats why I never bought the story from Stevie that Sara never tuned out good live on stage. Its beautiful and even Chris said Sara was one of her favorite songs to play live. Chris on the upright piano on the Tusk tour playing Sara is outrageously good.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-20-2023 at 12:08 PM..
Old 09-20-2023, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Just that one song made the live album worth it IMHO. We always say that Lindsey's closing jams end too soon. The live track Lindsey gets into an almost hypnotic jam that takes the song to the stratosphere. The harmonies are superb too (don't let me down again).
While a different sort of jam at the end, it almost reminds me of the jam at the end of Only Over You. Its so good you don't want it to stop.
The Sara is perfection on the Live album. I was so disappointed to find out it was touched. Thats why I never bought the story from Stevie that Sara never tuned out good live on stage. Its beautiful and even Chris said Sara was one of her favorite songs to play live. Chris on the upright piano on the Tusk tour playing Sara is outrageously good.
Christine also said in an interview during that tour that she need to take a break offstage after doing Sara, because of the pounding her hands took on that acoustic piano. She said after that song her "wrists were like spaghetti"
Old 09-20-2023, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Christine also said in an interview during that tour that she need to take a break offstage after doing Sara, because of the pounding her hands took on that acoustic piano. She said after that song her "wrists were like spaghetti"
Seriously? Source?

I've played Sara on piano at home my whole life, and it's no more difficult than any other songs.
Old 09-20-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I remember that sort of quote, but I think it was "What Makes You Think"
Old 09-20-2023, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously? Source?

I've played Sara on piano at home my whole life, and it's no more difficult than any other songs.
Well you sir are no Christine McVie!
Old 09-20-2023, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I remember that sort of quote, but I think it was "What Makes You Think"
ooohhhh.....was it? You could be right.... I definitely recall it was her talking about a song she played on the upright piano.... so it'd be one of those songs... With Sara clocking in at close to 8 minutes live, I could imagine that banging up one's wrists night after night. But WMYTYTO makes sense, it requires even harder hammering on the keys. Sue me for old age.
Old 09-20-2023, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My voice is almost as deep!
Old 09-20-2023, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously? Source?

Would you say that to Bob Dylan?

I would suggest playing it at home and playing it in an arena night after night are perhaps different things.

jbrownsjr might be right, it might have been What Makes You Think You're the One. The visual of her standing and playing the upright on that tour looks much the same for both of those songs. Sue me.
Old 09-20-2023, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Would you say that to Bob Dylan?

I would suggest playing it at home and playing it in an arena night after night are perhaps different things.

jbrownsjr might be right, it might have been What Makes You Think You're the One. The visual of her standing and playing the upright on that tour looks much the same for both of those songs. Sue me.
I'd tell Blob Dylan to kiss my ass. I'm not a big fan.

I played keyboards in a band for 37 years(not joking). I sincerely doubt Christine was hitting them harder than I was, just because there were 20k people there. I've broken the "weights" in weighted keyboards, SO YOUR ARGUMENT IS NULL AND VOID.

And jbrowns is always right. Unless of course, he's disagreeing with me.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd tell Blob Dylan to kiss my ass. I'm not a big fan.

I played keyboards in a band for 37 years(not joking). I sincerely doubt Christine was hitting them harder than I was, just because there were 20k people there. I've broken the "weights" in weighted keyboards, SO YOUR ARGUMENT IS NULL AND VOID.

And jbrowns is always right. Unless of course, he's disagreeing with me.
Is she was here she would throw a glass of wine in your face and show you who could hit them keys harder!
Old 09-20-2023, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is she was here she would throw a glass of wine in your face and show you who could hit them keys harder!
I would open my mouth wide if I saw it coming.

After she hit 60, I'm pretty sure I could have taken her out.