The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2023, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was interviewed at his home in Hawaii for GMA. He had about 100 employees and all are safe. He and his manager brought a plane filled with supplies for people in need. He said the town will come back. You could tell in his manner how devastating this is. He was very subdued during the interview.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-14-2023, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Mick was interviewed at his home in Hawaii for GMA. He had about 100 employees and all are safe. He and his manager brought a plane filled with supplies for people in need. He said the town will come back. You could tell in his manner how devastating this is. He was very subdued during the interview.
I hope the town rebounds quickly. That footage was horrifying.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw him on the CBS Morning Show...so maybe he's making the rounds. On CBS they asked him about whether there might be a benefit concert and he said he has thoughts on that. They played FM songs throughout the piece... and footage of The Dance. They played Don't Stop especially.

So....does the Mick Fleetwood benefit concert for Maui become the platform for some sort of reunion with Lindsey...??
Old 08-14-2023, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
So....does the Mick Fleetwood benefit concert for Maui become the platform for some sort of reunion with Lindsey...??
god I hope not. It's over.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw him on the CBS Morning Show...so maybe he's making the rounds. On CBS they asked him about whether there might be a benefit concert and he said he has thoughts on that. They played FM songs throughout the piece... and footage of The Dance. They played Don't Stop especially.

I mean Lindsey, John, Mick, Neale, and Ricky (he seems to have no problem with Lindsey) could do a show.

From the way Stevie talked about Lindsey in Houston saying that she had to support him because he wouldnÂ’t get a job and that she couldnÂ’t vote because she didnÂ’t want to tell him she had to leave the road doesnÂ’t sound like things have improved between them.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I mean Lindsey, John, Mick, Neale, and Ricky (he seems to have no problem with Lindsey) could do a show.

From the way Stevie talked about Lindsey in Houston saying that she had to support him because he wouldnÂ’t get a job and that she couldnÂ’t vote because she didnÂ’t want to tell him she had to leave the road doesnÂ’t sound like things have improved between them.
Sounds like she's become the old lady who marinates in all her grudges from her life. Even if he was a jackass to her (which he surely was at times, as she was to him just differently).... she's gotten "free". She never has to work with him again, or talk to him, or see him. That should by now (when did she fire him, 2018? 19?) have brought her some closure and peace. Apparently not. And she still brings him up in EVERY interview she does, no matter the topic. So.... someone still has issues she needs to work out with a therapist or someone. (And frankly, so does he). Age does bring with it some mellowing, some letting go of old **** (not that you forget, just that you let go of feeding the fires of anger and resentment. you see things for what they were, but take comfort in the fact you got out of that bad relationship). Not her. It almost seems like she's gotten more bitter with time.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope it's not named a reunion. If it's a concert with all guests who want to collaborate, let them be welcome. No matter if it's Stevie Nicks, Bruno Mars, Steven Tyler, Beyonce, Rihana, Neil Young, (all of then own/owned properties in Hawaii), Lindsey, Steve Winwood, Neil Finn, David Gilmour, Taylor Swift, etc. etc...

But please, no a new lineup or pseudo ridiculous reunion. Let the story be finished.

The GMA interview is here
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...fter-102246801
Old 08-14-2023, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah he's getting around.

Here's CBS Morning Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b121aLzpOB8

Here's him with Associated Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHCmBkZhw0Q

Sky News UK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cueN-HJinV0
Old 08-14-2023, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Stevie Nicks, Bruno Mars, Steven Tyler, Beyonce, Rihana, Neil Young, (all of then own/owned properties in Hawaii)
besides Mick and Steven Tyler, Eddie Vedder, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Woody Harrelson all live in Maui.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-14-2023, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sounds like she's become the old lady who marinates in all her grudges from her life. Even if he was a jackass to her (which he surely was at times, as she was to him just differently).... she's gotten "free". She never has to work with him again, or talk to him, or see him. That should by now (when did she fire him, 2018? 19?) have brought her some closure and peace. Apparently not. And she still brings him up in EVERY interview she does, no matter the topic. So.... someone still has issues she needs to work out with a therapist or someone. (And frankly, so does he). Age does bring with it some mellowing, some letting go of old **** (not that you forget, just that you let go of feeding the fires of anger and resentment. you see things for what they were, but take comfort in the fact you got out of that bad relationship). Not her. It almost seems like she's gotten more bitter with time.
She has mentioned him at almost all of her solo shows this year. I'm waiting to hear video of 15,000 people boo when she says his name. Would have thought she'd be saying Harry Styles' name!
Old 08-14-2023, 07:05 PM

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...104b575693a22f

Fans turn on Stevie Nicks over ‘tone deaf’ Hawaii post
Stevie Nicks’ lengthy post about how the devastating Maui fires have affected her has even her most devoted fans calling her out.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-14-2023 at 07:07 PM..
Old 08-14-2023, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read Stevie's post and don't know if her main concern was an interrupted vacation, but what caught my attention is when she told she didn't know for quite a while if her niece was safe, cause I know how it feels.

The last earhquake I was in, 2007, was a mess in terms of communications and didn't know if my family was safe. Yes Lima city didn't suffer the worse part, but when you don't completely know what's going on, the 595 dead and the 2291 wounded in Ica region is a big worry but one is focused on your family.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Anything that would help raise money and serve as a reminder of this tragedy should only be applauded. And I have zero doubts that people, including Lindsey but also several others, would happily give their time to help raise money for people who have been devastated by this catastrophe. For anyone to say Lindsey SHOULDN’T reunite with Mick to help raise money is really lacking self awareness. And I know you weren’t saying that, bombaysapphires.

Last edited by bwboy; 08-14-2023 at 10:02 PM..
Old 08-15-2023, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure I can see a full Fleetwood Mac show. I reckon it’s more likely we’ll get a multiple artist concert like the Peter Green tribute show. Lots of people dipping in and out now and then. I think we could see appearances from Stevie, John and Lindsey, but not necessarily altogether. Perhaps we will see them together for Don’t Stop as the shows closer. At a push Lindsey and Stevie come out together and perform landslide as an encore.
But I don’t think we will get a full Fleetwood Mac concert.
……that’s my hunch.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-15-2023, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick has more immediate concerns right now. I have no doubt in the back of his mind he’s thinking about how to effectively use his celebrity to help his community, and Fleetwood Mac is the ultimate moneymaker in his wheelhouse, but the band’s potential future is inconsequential.

THE Stephen Hopkins