Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default If you could pick one....

which Mac member would you most like to meet?I don't mean just a Meet and Greet,but like, who do you think you could easily become friends with based on what their personalities seem to be,and why?

I'll start - Christine b/c she seems to be so down to earth and neighborlike,and she has a raucious sense of humor,and curses like a sailor(from what I've read).Also I LOVE British accents!
Old 12-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been fortunate to meet Stevie in 1994 ( not at a high point in her career) and Mick in 1996. I would definitely want to meet with Lindsey and spend some real quality time with him and dig deep.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Christine!
Old 12-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have met Lindsey after a concert at a small venue in the early 90's so it would definitely be Stevie. I've loved her music, looked at pictures of her for hours, read lyric sheets, watched videos, made eye contact at numerous concerts over the years but never introduced myself or said hi to her person to person. I've dreamt about it many times through the years so maybe it may happen one day. I would like to see her solo at least one more time so hopefully a vault tour happens one day.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie of course.LOL.

Also I would love to meet the rest of the band.

I would love to geek tech talk with the boys and chat with Chris and welcome her back to the band.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For romantic reasons, Lindsey, especially circa 1976.

I could see being friends with Christine. She and I are both "one of the guys" type gals. I tend to be friends more with guys, but I could totally see hanging out with her.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'd love to meet Stevie but I think I'd find her a little exhausting, really, for an extended period of time, though exciting and fun for shorter periods of time. I think Lindsey would probably be my top choice when personality is taken into account, though I wouldn't object to both at the same time. As it were...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would do anything to meet Christine. She seems mello and would have the best stories to tell. John is quiet and does not get asked much but I also would love to spend time with him. He also would have the best stories to tell.
Chris seems to be so warm and have a big heart IMHO. Maybe because her songs are so uplifting. There is something so cool about her, a rocks star who is so grounded and humble. I LOVE THAT
Old 12-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Meeting Stevie would make me the happiest person on Earth.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
which Mac member would you most like to meet?I don't mean just a Meet and Greet,but like, who do you think you could easily become friends with based on what their personalities seem to be,and why?
i've met Lindsey. he is interesting. warm. direct. open. funny. brutally honest. down to earth. humble. zen. observant. smart. appreciative. inquisitive.

i've met Mick, at m&gs during last year's tour. he has interesting stories and knows or is in some way related to everybody and anybody it seems. if you are interested in hearing somebody talk about various rockers and celebrities, you want to meet Mick. you may not get out of him the exact story you are interested in, but you might - in any case you definitely will get a lot of stories.

i think hanging out with Christine would be interesting, she seems to be such cool, no-nonsense, direct person.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Hmmmmmm, met Mick at a m&g. He was funny and warm and a bit wacky, he would probably be really fun to hang out with and do crazy things with, ie. go on a scavenger hunt. He'd be really excited like a kid.

John, I would totally hang out with. I can imagine him being really funny and sarcastic, once you get him to open up. He would probably drive the car for the aforementioned scavenger hunt.

Christine, oh yes, I would totally hang out with her. She would be hilarious, and very easy to talk to. She would be a great partner in the scavenger hunt, but would be an even better partner when we got back to the after party. Then she would dance and sing and laugh.

Lindsey would be in charge of the list for the scavenger hunt. He would be the more serious one, wanting to find everything and having great ideas. I would love to chat with him, but would have to be before I have a bunch of drinks with Christine, otherwise I may not be able to keep up with his cerebral thoughts. I would be dying to ask him questions about Carol Ann, but wouldn't have the guts to do it. Any way, how nice to sit on the couch with him and chat about the world going by, sigh........

Stevie, well well well. I would love to chat with Stevie. My guess is that she is very funny, with as good a sense of humor as Chris. She would share way more with me than the rest of them, about past events, loves, lives. Probably even a bit of gossip about the others. She wouldn't want to go on the scavenger hunt, but instead would have food ready for us at home for the after party. She would have Sulasmith with her, whom I would look after for her for a bit. Sula and I would hang out on the couch and visit with Lindsey. Once the party was really going, Stevie would get a game of Charades going.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Definitely Mick. He's easily the most personable, the most approachable, the most open, the most humble, the most real, the most likely to spill the beans on the good stuff!

I'd love to garden & cook pasta with Chris & her pups at her English estate, but she'd intimidate the hell out of me.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:36 AM

1Christine
2Lindsey
3Stevie
4John
5Mick
Old 12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Definitely Mick. He's easily the most personable, the most approachable, the most open, the most humble, the most real, the most likely to spill the beans on the good stuff!

I'd love to garden & cook pasta with Chris & her pups at her English estate, but she'd intimidate the hell out of me.

it's interesting how we have different views on these people... you would rate Mick as the most personable, real, humble and approachable in the band. although in a random group of celebrities i think this would be very true, if i had to rate these particular 5 people on down-to earth, real, humble, grounded, self-reliant, and least celebrity-like day-to-day lifestyle, Mick would be towards the bottom of the list, with only Nicks behind him (but there would be a huge gap between those 2). Mick likes to live the high life his rock-star status provides him (obviously, just look at all his bankruptcies!). but easy to talk to (when he manages to hear you!) and highly likely to spill the beans, sure!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie, of course. A day of hanging out at the IYD house, a poem written just for me and a crescent moon necklace would totally fulfill my dream. I don't need to hear all of the secrets of the past, just little bits of wisdom from a fairy godmother.... I really need a fairy godmother!! LOL!

I think I would really like to meet Mick too, but not at a traditional meet and greet. He seems to be very friendly and open to the fans, and I bet he can spin a great story.

Oh what dreams we dream!!!!!!!

Thanks for starting this fun thread.