The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-19-2018, 06:51 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,697
Default

Was Lindsey playing up the release of a new "pop" sounding album a way to put some kind of pressure on the other Macsters (i.e., Stevie)?
__________________
"They love each other so much, they think they hate each other."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-19-2018, 05:45 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Was Lindsey playing up the release of a new "pop" sounding album a way to put some kind of pressure on the other Macsters (i.e., Stevie)?
I do agree his new found poppy state of mind is a ploy to lure Stevie into the studio. She hates when he gets "weird". I like a mixture of both.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-20-2018, 01:38 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
I've never seen FM live, and I don't want to be tempted to pay as much as I did for BuckVie to get not nearly as good seats for FM. Unless FM can get their stuff together for a new album or he finally changes up what he wears on stage every once in a while, I don't want to pay up the nose.

lol, about Mick. Does his accountant suck or does he just flat out ignore that person?
According to Mick, he hears what they say and when it includes "stop spending so much" he ignores them. e.g., the Rolex story.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-20-2018, 06:03 PM
lbfan lbfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 451
Default Pop Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Was Lindsey playing up the release of a new "pop" sounding album a way to put some kind of pressure on the other Macsters (i.e., Stevie)?
I dont think Lindsey recording a pop album was an attempt to lure Stevie into the studio. Per previous interviews, Lindsey announced that he would be releasing a best of and had already recorded an album that would be released in March. He said, when asked, that it was a pop album. Was the recorded pop sound intentional, subliminal, or by chance? Who knows. Since March has all but come and gone, there has been a lot of fan speculation. My personal opinion is that Warner liked the sound of Buckingham McVie and the new solo album and are now trying to manipulate that into an FM album. To me, Lindseys songs generally sound the same whether on an FM album, solo or Buckingham McVie. His greatest contribution has always been the impact that he has on the other songwriters songs. While that studio time may be painful for other band members, the success of FM in the Buckingham Nicks era is indisputable.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 PM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
I dont think Lindsey recording a pop album was an attempt to lure Stevie into the studio. Per previous interviews, Lindsey announced that he would be releasing a best of and had already recorded an album that would be released in March. He said, when asked, that it was a pop album. Was the recorded pop sound intentional, subliminal, or by chance? Who knows. Since March has all but come and gone, there has been a lot of fan speculation. My personal opinion is that Warner liked the sound of Buckingham McVie and the new solo album and are now trying to manipulate that into an FM album. To me, Lindseys songs generally sound the same whether on an FM album, solo or Buckingham McVie. His greatest contribution has always been the impact that he has on the other songwriters songs. While that studio time may be painful for other band members, the success of FM in the Buckingham Nicks era is indisputable.
I think "pop" in Lindsey's mind is like Seeds we Sow.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-02-2018, 11:02 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
His greatest contribution has always been the impact that he has on the other songwriters songs. While that studio time may be painful for other band members, the success of FM in the Buckingham Nicks era is indisputable.
But when the other half of that successful team that joined the band 42 years ago doesn't want to do another album just out of spite , and the band founders support that idea just to please her, instead of trying to convince her, then you know that that band is done. And they should stop touring and they should go their separate ways instead of staying together just to hurt each other while cashing astronomical tickets for the same tour they have been doing for the past 15 years.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-03-2018, 07:18 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,413
Thumbs up

not exactly coming out in april - but he's finishing the album, he's been working with Mark Needham on mixing it just last week -


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 AM
lbfan lbfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 451
Default News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not exactly coming out in april - but he's finishing the album, he's been working with Mark Needham on mixing it just last week -


Elle, thank you for posting! This is the first real news we have had in about six months. It sounds like the solo CD will be finalized soon. Hopefully a June release followed by a tour.

This is an interesting Podcast. Lindsey comes up at the beginning (there is no box around Lindseys creativity) and towards the end (discussing remote versus in person interaction with artists). Lindsey was mentioned as one of the few artists that is intimately involved in the mixing. Needham mentioned that even bands in LA wont drive across town, but will correspond by e-mail and Skype to select different sound/mixes.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-04-2018, 11:43 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Elle, thank you for posting! This is the first real news we have had in about six months. It sounds like the solo CD will be finalized soon. Hopefully a June release followed by a tour.

This is an interesting Podcast. Lindsey comes up at the beginning (there is no box around Lindseys creativity) and towards the end (discussing remote versus in person interaction with artists). Lindsey was mentioned as one of the few artists that is intimately involved in the mixing. Needham mentioned that even bands in LA wont drive across town, but will correspond by e-mail and Skype to select different sound/mixes.
I didn't hear anything about him currently mixing an LB album.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-05-2018, 07:45 AM
lbfan lbfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 451
Default Working with Mark Needham

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I didn't hear anything about him currently mixing an LB album.
At the 8:37 mark he was in here yesterday. At the 42:47 mark ... (I have) just been working on this solo album with Lindsey...
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-09-2018, 04:45 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 433
Default

So.....lets get the focus on the good stuff again.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Dragon Dragon is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 54
Default

I look forward to Lindsey releasing a new album. It would be refreshing than the constant touring of Fleetwood Mac without anything new.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM
justcrazylove's Avatar
justcrazylove justcrazylove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 347
Default

Will Lindsey re-cut all of Mick and John's parts? Sounds extreme but pretty reasonable if you ask me.
__________________
"Leisure line to heaven, puttin' on the hits, here we have another, another piece of glitz"
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-09-2018, 06:10 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 433
Default

Who has setlist ideas....how much/how little Fleetwood Mac will be included?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-09-2018, 07:18 PM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,697
Default

he needs to release this album YESTERDAY
__________________
"They love each other so much, they think they hate each other."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureStevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.
$399.0
Stevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.  pictureStevie Nicks Signed CD Time Space X3 In VG condition Complete C.O.A.         
$100.0
Stevie Nicks Signed CD Time Space X3 In VG condition Complete C.O.A.          pictureHeineken heavy vinyl banner Stevie Nicks double sided 23" + 55" hard to find..
$99.0
Heineken heavy vinyl banner Stevie Nicks double sided 23Stevie Nicks Autograph Photo COA
$95.0
Stevie Nicks Autograph Photo COA picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved