The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is anyone else sick at the thought of listening to Fleetwood Mac atm? I've had solo Linds on repeat, i just cant bring myself to listen to the band. I can't even listen to Buckingham/McVie or any GOS tracks with Mick and John. Still just so angry.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Is anyone else sick at the thought of listening to Fleetwood Mac atm? I've had solo Linds on repeat, i just cant bring myself to listen to the band. I can't even listen to Buckingham/McVie or any GOS tracks with Mick and John. Still just so angry.
I’ve been playing my 21st Century Lindsey playlist which includes all of SYW, BM, and even Soldiers Angel.

It’s a testament to what they can achieve ... together

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart Well...I'm watching live LB concerts

I'm sad things have happened this way. Even if he does sit just this one tour out and comes back for a "Farewell" tour, things have gotten so ugly, it will be yucky. Fans are divided, various fandoms are at each other's throats and it's making it hard to be an FM fan, which SUCKS because I love this stupid band and their amazing music. If this tour w/o LB does gangbusters, then you'll have people rubbing it in everyone's face saying "See, don't need him." It makes me wanna vomit. Then, you have folks who have seen changes from the beginning who are excited about the newbies. That's fine, I get why they are excited, but this whole ordeal has tainted the aura of Fleetwood Mac, to me.

P.S. Asking the PROMOTERS who they'd rather have in the f***ing band? REALLY, MICK? Jesus.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post

I'm sad things have happened this way. Even if he does sit just this one tour out and comes back for a "Farewell" tour, things have gotten so ugly, it will be yucky. Fans are divided, various fandoms are at each other's throats and it's making it hard to be an FM fan, which SUCKS because I love this stupid band and their amazing music. If this tour w/o LB does gangbusters, then you'll have people rubbing it in everyone's face saying "See, don't need him." It makes me wanna vomit. Then, you have folks who have seen changes from the beginning who are excited about the newbies. That's fine, I get why they are excited, but this whole ordeal has tainted the aura of Fleetwood Mac, to me.

P.S. Asking the PROMOTERS who they'd rather have in the f***ing band? REALLY, MICK? Jesus.
I thought of you when the news broke, as well as some Ledgies who aren't around much anymore, like Gerald.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I know is he better be playing “wrong” on his next solo tour! I don’t see how he can’t. And he can alternate betweeen Mr. and Mrs. Rock****

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

I don't want to hear any FM right now. It makes my blood boil! I'm listening to Lindsey's solo work only!
Old 04-12-2018, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default from Rick

for people who are asking about what happened - here is some more, filled in by Rick Turner (luthier who made Turner Model 1, LB's guitar) -

Rick Turner:
At one point, Lindsey had proposed that both FM and he with his band tour at the same time with the LB band filling in dates between the FM shows. The report was that Stevie wanted at least a day between gigs; Lindsey wanted to play as much as possible. That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.

i asked Rick whether it's ok if i post here (you know, weirdos on The Ledge, as Jimmy P. nicely calls people here ). this was Rick's response:

Rick Turner
Elle Llew Sure. I think it just points out one point of contention. Maybe it looked to some as though LB was going to do really well touring hard; perhaps not doubling his money on the tour, but certainly getting in nearly twice the audience face time. I did not hear whether Christine was going to possibly do the LB gigs as well as the FM gigs, but Bret and Neil would have, and that would have made nice...and deserved...paydays for them. Good guys, great musicians. I know Federico was looking forward to ti.

and more:

Rick Turner
Felix Le Chat Lindsey would have gotten more press than Stevie if they'd done a double tour like that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 04-12-2018 at 11:31 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for people who are asking about what happened - here is some more, filled in by Rick Turner (luthier who made Turner Model 1, LB's guitar) -

Rick Turner:
At one point, Lindsey had proposed that both FM and he with his band tour at the same time with the LB band filling in dates between the FM shows. The report was that Stevie wanted at least a day between gigs; Lindsey wanted to play as much as possible. That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.
this doesn't even make sense. FM would need at least one or two days between Mac gigs in order for Lindsey's plan to make sense... like, how could he do solo shows if they booked Mac shows.....

She's always had like stretches with fairly close shows mixed with stretches with 3-4 days off. Hence, Chrissie Hynde having time to do solo shows in between. I just don't see how FM would have been different....

was he proposing that they go from city to city faster so the expense of moving all the musicians and equipment would be more streamlined??
Old 04-12-2018, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this doesn't even make sense. FM would need at least one or two days between Mac gigs in order for Lindsey's plan to make sense... like, how could he do solo shows if they booked Mac shows.....

She's always had like stretches with fairly close shows mixed with stretches with 3-4 days off. Hence, Chrissie Hynde having time to do solo shows in between. I just don't see how FM would have been different....

was he proposing that they go from city to city faster so the expense of moving all the musicians and equipment would be more streamlined??
yup. the numbers may not be exact, but you get the point. FM always has few days in between, just like Stevie solo. LB could easily fit small venue dates in the same area in between, just like Chrissie did.

so sounds more and more like it was power play all along, as we thought.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the whole convo -

Rick Turner At one point, Lindsey had proposed that both FM and he with his band tour at the same time with the LB band filling in dates between the FM shows. The report was that Stevie wanted at least a day between gigs; Lindsey wanted to play as much as possible. That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.

Elle Llewi heard the same. thanks so much for filling this in Rick!

Elle Llew Rick Turner is it ok if i quote this on The Ledge? it's a google-able place and people sometimes check there.

Rick Turner Elle Llew Sure. I think it just points out one point of contention. Maybe it looked to some as though LB was going to do really well touring hard; perhaps not doubling his money on the tour, but certainly getting in nearly twice the audience face tim...See More

Elle Llew Rick Turner 😪 this makes me sad even more. what a f**king shame!

Elle Llew (excuse my language)

Rick Turner The whole thing is a mess, and I'm sorry for them all. I've had some memorable moments with that crew!

Haley Clark So then tensions were already high at Musicares. Because NAMM and Musicares were the same weekend. Which is probably what led to Stevie and Lindsey having their fight. And the rest is history.

Felix Le Chat Rick this is the most disgusting thing to hear: all could have been avoided.
Give Stevie 2, 3 or even 4 days between shows. I wouldn’t mind to visit consecutive LB gigs 😜
...See More

Pattie D I know for a fact that LB wanted to do a solo tour in between the FM tour. He did say that it was complicated and I guess he wasn't kidding.
I hope he gets to do the solo tour after all. I will not support Fleetwood Mac anymore.

Rick Turner Felix Le Chat Lindsey would have gotten more press than Stevie if they'd done a double tour like that.

Pattie D I really couldn't see Fleetwood Mac going along with his plans. What if people couldn't afford to see FM and went to see LB instead as it was more economical? Big problem.

Rick Turner Pattie D Would have to have been planned for different cities.

Pattie D I could see where that would get costly. Not to mention would the crew get any rest?

Elle Llew but that makes complete sense:

FM plays arena in downtown DC. LB solo plays the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD.

FM plays MSG . LB solo plays Red Bank, NJ.

easy peasy!

Felix Le Chat Rick Turner : a logistical nightmare (aside from costs) 😝 to have it in different cities.
Most cities do have multiple venues. Although in this group the LB fan ship reels highly I do believe Lindsey would have been ok to play smaller venues than FM.

And I’m sure he got enough guitars 🎸 for 2 sets (if not you could probably help on that &#128540

Rick Turner Pattie D Well, it would just be two interlaced tours with some of the folks working practically every night. But that's what they do in musical theater...Broadway and off-Broadway actors do eight shows a week...six nights and two matinees. That's what professionals are capable of. At one point the Beach Boys were often enough doing two gigs on the same day, and on at least one day, they did three...in three different cities. Lot's of alimony to pay for those guys!

Pattie D Don't forget Providence after FM plays Boston, Elle. LOL

Elle LlewYPattie D i'm self serving

Rick Turner It would have been doable. It just needed everyone's buy-in.

Pattie D Well sadly it's never going to happen now.

Elle Llew Felix Le Chat nope, wouldn't be. see above. FM plays cities, LB solo suburbs. works!

here's the link to these posts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/8972...5412200239934/

Old 04-13-2018, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't understand why they didn't just tell him no, they wouldn't modify tour dates or announcements for him, and he could quit if he didn't like it. Why fire him for asking?

There has to be more to it. Mick knows that the Mac with Lindsey is more marketable; why not give him the chance to step back in line before dropping the ax?

Maybe there was some ugliness that went down when he asked / was told no which escalated things.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-13-2018 at 06:02 AM..
Old 04-13-2018, 06:39 AM
Registered

Quote:
Mick's social media looked like he's been really trying to butter her up lately. plus Mick is her real friend i think. he always kept in touch. i hope she tours the shortest time possible and then bolts.
I'm relieved I'm not the only one who noticed those posts on Mick's SM right before this all blew up. Yup, sad to say it but I understand why Chris would be loyal to him. They have been through a lot together since the early 70s. I remember that Chris did the Dance tour only as a favour to Mick and John. And he's indeed probably the only one who kept in touch with her when she was in retirement, and he was the one she called when she wanted to resume flying and rejoin the band. I wish she had put her foot down about this, but such is life.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:45 AM
Registered

Question--are they still intending to release his Best of soon, or will the new album come first? I want to see whether to wait or to order the Words and Music promo CD
Old 04-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Rick Turner:

i asked Rick whether it's ok if i post here (you know, weirdos on The Ledge, as Jimmy P. nicely calls people here ). this was Rick's response:

Rick Turner
Elle Llew Sure. I think it just points out one point of contention. Maybe it looked to some as though LB was going to do really well touring hard; perhaps not doubling his money on the tour, but certainly getting in nearly twice the audience face time. I did not hear whether Christine was going to possibly do the LB gigs as well as the FM gigs, but Bret and Neil would have, and that would have made nice...and deserved...paydays for them. Good guys, great musicians. I know Federico was looking forward to ti.

and more:

Rick Turner
Felix Le Chat Lindsey would have gotten more press than Stevie if they'd done a double tour like that.
I absolutely believe that Lindsey wanted to do solo concert dates during the FM tour, and that that was why he's not touring with them now. I even shared this theory myself days ago. And I see both pov but ultimately, I understand why the band didn't like the idea at all and didn't agree to it. Two reasons: he would have been competing with the band for tickets, press, etc. Second, he would have been happier performing his solo shows, and that would have been obvious at the FM shows, kind of like how he was at the East/West Coast FM shows. And I don't believe for one second Christine would have performed with him. She's content to perform with FM live and anyway, Lindsey wants to promote his new solo album.

Pure speculation now on my part, which I wouldn't normally share but since everyone else has, I may as well- what if Lindsey was the one who gave the ultimatum? "Either I get to do my solo tour on off days or I won't tour with you guys at all."

I still look forward to hearing what Lindsey and FM have to say about what really happened.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I absolutely believe that Lindsey wanted to do solo concert dates during the FM tour, and that that was why he's not touring with them now. I even shared this theory myself days ago. And I see both pov but ultimately, I understand why the band didn't like the idea at all and didn't agree to it. Two reasons: he would have been competing with the band for tickets, press, etc. Second, he would have been happier performing his solo shows, and that would have been obvious at the FM shows, kind of like how he was at the East/West Coast FM shows. And I don't believe for one second Christine would have performed with him. She's content to perform with FM live and anyway, Lindsey wants to promote his new solo album.

Pure speculation now on my part, which I wouldn't normally share but since everyone else has, I may as well- what if Lindsey was the one who gave the ultimatum? "Either I get to do my solo tour on off days or I won't tour with you guys at all."
this has got to STOP. what is above is NOT a speculation. Rick Turner has no reason to make up stuff. he told us what happened.

there is more to the backstory though - "him or me" came from several separate sources - but you are right, it has not been shared publicly.

(sorry, the gotta STOP part is not to you specifically, i'm just so tired of fans saying it, when confronted with facts.)