User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2002, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Countdown Video hilarity!

I finally saw the Countdown video for the first time on that yahoo/launch site. (great site!!)
It is so funny!! I had heard you all say that but now I see why!!

Is this just me or is his crawling on the corrdior and other crazy dancing a complete spoof of the Stevie videos??!?! It's just so funny, espeically when I view it in that light!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you want to see well performed/funny video ...look for the next one in Wrong! Thats the best .

Countdown is cute but I never liked how skinny he is ....Wrong he's skinny but with all the costumes its not as apparent.

but Countdown...funny...he does have a sense of humour and he isn't taking himself too seriously.

He doesn't in any of the OOTC videos...the album has been called self indulgent and perhaps cocky...but he represented a few songs with some really great videos. Those videos really skyrocketed my crush for him...he's good looking, funny , good looking and ...good looking LOL.

If you haven't seen all videos ( Wrong, Countdown, Soul Drifter, Dont Look Down) ...try to download all those too.

Great stuff!
Old 10-09-2002, 11:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

self indulgent? how can an album written and performed by, basically, one person not be considered "self indulgent"??
Old 10-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really see how any album by any songwriter isn't self-indulgent. It's that particular someone's vision of art, life, whatever... and it's up to me to decide if I can appreciate their vision, or maybe more deeply, if their vision and mine intermingle in some fashion that is emotionally meaningful. Self-indulgent isn't a label that means anything much to me.

The videos Lindsey made for his Cradle songs were, I thought, a really welcome addition to rounding out the way he seems to be perceived a lot. He even said once that he knew that there was this general view of him as this hermetically sealed, always totally serious individual, but that he wasn't really. Those videos are funny and totally silly. I like 'em all quite a bit.

I think portions of Countdown were supposed to have been filmed in his house. Did I read that somewhere?? He's crawling down his own hallway, I believe...climbing his own tree...dancing in his backyard.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Countdown...silliness!

Hi Les!!!
Yes, I also"heard" that is his home in BelAir and he has relatives standing in his the hallway as he is crawling down from the studio....crawling PAST HIS BEDROOM DOOR!!!
He is sooo Funny and Dancing like a pro...he really is nimble how he crawls up that tree outside his rain room!!! Lindsey likes to be in his bare feet { as I do!!!} and is so on two videos!Count-down and Wrong!!! He makes a good character player!
I really like the Guitar dancing and fun with him on the ladder with the Band... for Don't Look Down!
The Dancing and Singing Wheat Thin Man is a great Actor and
still is a Fine Musician! Oh, Yesss!!! He is just ever so talented!
Janet...I agree with you girl!!! Bye,Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 10-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only truly serious video for his OOTC songs was Soul Drifter. I love Wrong, Don't Look Down and Countdown for the fact that we get to see a side of Lindsey that we NEVER have seen, not even in his videos before solo or with the Mac.

Matt
Old 10-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Soul Drifter

Quote:
Originally posted by Street_Dreamer
The only truly serious video for his OOTC songs was Soul Drifter. I love Wrong, Don't Look Down and Countdown for the fact that we get to see a side of Lindsey that we NEVER have seen, not even in his videos before solo or with the Mac.

Matt
I love seeing a funny Lindsey, but my fave video is still Soul Drifter. Not just because I love the song so much, but I think the video is very artistic and classy. Shoot, I wish I had a better quality video of that. It's so well done!

I look forward to his new videos with that Mac. Wonder what those will be like? Stevie's videos for TISL were pretty good (OK, Every Day was a little bizarre "plot-wise" but visually it was great). I can't wait to see what they do now!

Old 10-10-2002, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks for the responses

Yeah Nancy, me too! Especially with the 'knockoutness' of some - lots! - of the GOS repertoire (hmm that's the wrong spelling !), the videos for songs like Come, Miranda, Shuffle Riff, and of course Murrow (I'm not suggesting I think any of these would necessarily be included - that's just all we have to go on aint it ) would rock the house and be potentially far out!! Not just (cough) dancing in hallways - in seriousness or fun!! lol
Old 10-10-2002, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Soul Drifter

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
I look forward to his new videos with that Mac. Wonder what those will be like?
Do you think they'll make videos? I'm kind of wondering myself. On the one hand, I guess they would sort of need to for the marketing. On the other hand, MTV won't play them, VH1 hardly seems to play videos at all anymore, and none of them seems to like the process of making them, being from the generation where it wasn't needed. (To be fair to VH1, I guess they do play videos during the day, but I'm never home then to see them).

It'll be interesting to see what they do if they do try it.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it's fairly safe to say that we'll get two videos from the upcoming album.

Even though it's getting harder and harder to actually find a video on MTV or VH1 (the best bet is VH1's Insomniac Theatre late at night, or very early in the morning), videos are still an important marketing tool, it seems.

As for the upcoming videos, and what they might be like... I'm one of those people who prefers the surreal, no-clear-storyline approach.
I don't really like when a video tells me what the director (or whoever) thinks the song is supposed to mean.

I prefer striking visuals, with no plot... leaving me to interpret the song in my own way.

Thankfully, that's the way Fleetwood Mac's videos have largely been.

Johnny Stew
Old 10-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't seen this video or heard the song yet.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FM will make a video for at least the first 2 singles. Stevie did, and I think they should follow her plan.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:24 AM
Junior Ledgie

So I guess I'm the only person here (and possibly in the whole world?) that absolutely loathes the video for "Countdown"? Well, I'm sorry about that, but my own personal opinion is that it was an utter waste of time, money, and videotape.

It was one of several videos I got on a LB videotape that I traded for, and when I first saw it I couldn't believe it. "Just HOW STONED is he???" was actually my first thought.

Just my $0.02. You may fire when ready, Gridley.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:47 PM
Ledgie

This is so great...I like the part during the outro solo where he is 'on' the roller coaster and looks over his shoulder several times as though he's making sure nothings going to take off his head. Though not serious enough to my tastes for the song, I think it highlights his humour and his ability to make light of what is a great achievment.

Anyone know where I can find the videos to Soul Drifter or Doing What I Can? Those two are my faves from the album
Old 10-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation OMG!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeD
Anyone know where I can find the videos to Soul Drifter or Doing What I Can? Those two are my faves from the album
There is no video for Doing What I Can and if there is..I MUST HAVE IT RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...there isn't one. Soul Drifter can be found from any trader out there...my copy is very grainy and is like a 6 millionth generation of it.