User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Oh fup sake... So that's money down the drain for flights. I'm glad I hadn't booked accommodation. I hope it doesn't coincide with anything important that I've got planned for early in the year.

EDIT: And of course, get well soon to the injured party! I think it says a lot about how close they are as a band that they didn't just decide to try and replace him for the dates they're doing to try and go on.
Yes, it does. They're like a family. They're a band...not just his back-up guys. I feel for you guys big time, but I can't imagine them using a replacement...nor would I want them too.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
I think it all depends on how soon our buddy Neale is gonna be on the mend, I really hope he gets well soon though, he's great.
In most cases they'll let you hang on to your tickets until the show is rescheduled, and at that point you can keep them or request a refund. If it's cancelled altogether, then you get a refund.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Impossible to know when the dates might be rescheduled ... I'm praying they won't coincide with college stuff as I'm in my final year.

No words for how disappointed I am, for me and everyone else who was so looking forward to welcoming the boys over. Just feel like the rug's been pulled from under me. Sending prayers to Neale / Brett for a speedy recovery.
True, though Lindsey's site says he "severely injured his back". So, I wouldn't count on a re-schedule until at least February.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
True, though Lindsey's site says he "severely injured his back". So, I wouldn't count on a re-schedule until at least February.
By February it'll be "We're sorry to announce that the UK tour has been shelved". Of course it will be. My luck dictates so.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 12-02-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
By February it'll be "We're sorry to announce that the UK tour has been shelved". Of course it will be. My luck dictates so.
Let's hope not, Bee. Shows get postponed all the time and not cancelled ... I'm sure they've already sunk plenty of money into this tour and won't just want to cut their losses. From what I understand, Lindsey has no pressing engagements with the Mac next year, so there's time. Gotta have faith ...
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Shows get postponed all the time and not cancelled ... I'm sure they've already sunk plenty of money into this tour and won't just want to cut their losses.
so sorry everybody in the UK and Ireland for all the disappointment, ruined plans and money lost on travel and hotels. i can't even begin to tell you how bad i feel for you. i'm sure decision to reschedule such big trip was not lightly made. i really hope Neale gets better soon and that he is able to fully recuperate.

just a question for people claiming LB should've found a replacement for an integral member of his band:
if e.g., Mick Fleetwood got sick in the middle of an FM tour would you be calling for the Mac to still continue touring without him instead of reschedule? after all, there are at least two drummers who know and perform his parts of FM songs with SN's and LB's respective bands.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Della

just checked her fb, she's on the flight from Australia to the UK to see Birmigham show right now
Old 12-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just checked her fb, she's on the flight from Australia to the UK to see Birmigham show right now
Oh poor Del! Was just feeling so angry and sorry for myself when I read this post and it put things more into perspective. All the way from Australia for nothing - I'm so sorry Del!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was hoping today I would wake up and things would have changed - the announcement would have been retracted / a miracle recovery been had. No such luck. Sad times.

I'm assuming venues will begin to contact ticket holders. Some people won't be aware yet I imagine.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I was hoping today I would wake up and things would have changed - the announcement would have been retracted / a miracle recovery been had. No such luck. Sad times.

I'm assuming venues will begin to contact ticket holders. Some people won't be aware yet I imagine.
I had the same hope, unfortunately.

I don't think that's going to happen. Viv's been trying to get a hold of LiveNation all morning and she can't get through. It just rings off :s
Old 12-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had the same hope, unfortunately.

I don't think that's going to happen. Viv's been trying to get a hold of LiveNation all morning and she can't get through. It just rings off :s
I just tried to book tickets on Ticketmaster for the Palladium and could no problem (all be it right at the top / back.) They really should pull it off their site for the time being.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I just tried to book tickets on Ticketmaster for the Palladium and could no problem (all be it right at the top / back.) They really should pull it off their site for the time being.
Honey, we both know that Ticketmaster are not the authority on trustworthy and astute business practice, lol. They'll announce the postponements the day before Salford, no doubt.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honey, we both know that Ticketmaster are not the authority on trustworthy and astute business practice, lol. They'll announce the postponements the day before Salford, no doubt.
See it's things like this that make me so mad. Obviously it's not Lindsey's fault that the tour has to be postponed, and I love the fact that he is loyal to his band mates and isn't going to bring in a replacement (as much as last night I kinda wished he was going to.) But people make travel plans, book hotels etc. The word really needs to be put out there and not just announced on his official website. I realise that I'm ranting and the news was only released yesterday, but people need to be made aware.

Rant over...and breathe!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
See it's things like this that make me so mad. Obviously it's not Lindsey's fault that the tour has to be postponed, and I love the fact that he is loyal to his band mates and isn't going to bring in a replacement (as much as last night I kinda wished he was going to.) But people make travel plans, book hotels etc. The word really needs to be put out there and not just announced on his official website. I realise that I'm ranting and the news was only released yesterday, but people need to be made aware.

Rant over...and breathe!
I understand what you mean. I know it was a sudden thing for the tour to be cancelled, but even still it's put people out a huge amount. People have come from other countries to watch the shows. I'm out because of travel expenses and preparations I'd made for the shows Uni wise. Luckily one of the hotels wasn't paid for yet and the other we were granted a refund. Others haven't been so lucky. I think my heart took most of the damage in my case, really :s

-Bee-
Old 12-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I understand what you mean. I know it was a sudden thing for the tour to be cancelled, but even still it's put people out a huge amount. People have come from other countries to watch the shows. I'm out because of travel expenses and preparations I'd made for the shows Uni wise. Luckily one of the hotels wasn't paid for yet and the other we were granted a refund. Others haven't been so lucky. I think my heart took most of the damage in my case, really :s

-Bee-
This is the same for me. I'm lucky, I can be at the Palladium within half an hour so I won't be out of pocket at all. My tiny concern is the rescheduled dates - I am praying they don't clash with anything that I am unable to get out of. That's small potatoes compared to the people who were planning to fly in from other countries.