Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default thanks for the great review

hey jill...what a wonderful review...thanks so much for sharing it with us...i'm so happy u got a hand shake as i've heard she doesnt do this every nite...ur silk screen rumours sounds wonderful...do u have any pics of it and the show u could share? as to the crowd singing along on landslide i downloaded a clip the other day and i was amazed at how much the crowds have been into it...i always sing at the shows too but just never paid that much attention to how many were singing until i downloaded landslide...its a wonderful tribute to how enduring this song is from the white album and why so many ppl expect it to be in the set list as well as gold dust woman on her solo and mac tours...once again thanks so much for the review...hugs pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 151unleashed.jpg (46.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

On a side note~ the first person i saw when i got there was davidmn & then we met up w/ a few other on line friends~ one of whom brought her 13 year old son, who absolutely worships lindsey~ he got to stand at lindsey's feet all night & watching him as a young fan was super cool~ he was beside himself~

i also ran into a chick from highschool who used to share my stevie love & 2 of my cousins were there~ so it was like a huge party~ the fans i interacted w/ up in the front rows were from all over & we all had a blast together~ the guy on the radio show i listen to in the morning had me on the day of the show & this morning as stevie's #1 fan in omaha~ that was kind of cool~

but i have to tell you about the drunk girl~ all the people up front had paid to be there & a few others were let up, it seemed like the 1st 12 rows were let to come up front~ everyone was so polite & gracious it was just awesome~ until the drunk lady came~ she was in her 40's i think, she was w/ her daughter who i felt mortified for~ she stood behind me & a few other girls, just wasted off of her ass by like song 5~ she was chanting "stevie, stevie..." over & over in a childish squeaky way~ & she was sitting there telling people around her how she was going to take their spot by the stage~ everyone was trying to band together & stand their ground & then she just starts slamming into people knocking them aside & then running to their spot, she kept doing this to everyone that was around her~ people were getting pissed~ she dumped beer on one poor woman's head~ & half way thru the show she was leaning on her daughter nearly passing out she was so wasted~ I had damaged my shoe right when i got into the show, but was able to to walk in it, but she knocked me completely off of my platform, the whole damn sole came off & i stood there like that the rest of the night~ i was glad there was no security at one point because we were able to be so close but was dying for one to come by & throw this lady out~ i swear part of the reason i was even chosen by stevie to shake hands was because stevie could see this all going on right under her nose~ there was absolutely no need for someone to act this way at a show~ people wanted to hurt her~ one guy even shoved her after she had slopped beer on his wife's head for the 2nd time~ she was awful & i really hope she was sicker than a dog the next day~ she should be embarrassed at the way she acted, if she even remembered~

i told her at one point i paid to be standing where i was & i was standing there & she got in my face & mumbled something & then i told her to get her drunk stinky breath out of my face & then she proceeded to blow real hard in my face like 3 times~ she did this to others too~

at first i think my husband thought i was just getting riled up because i was so excited, but then he saw what she was doing along w/ like 100 other people that was in her range & they were all disgusted~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 05-11-2009 at 10:24 AM..
Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirlwasme View Post
That's so wonderful! I'm glad that the band seems to be enjoying themselves more and more on this tour. I just hope the energy is still there is June!

Since you got to be upfront, what is your opinion about giving Stevie flowers? I know there is no edge walk on this tour, but I'm sitting up front, and I would love to be able to give her something--how are the dynamics with security?

A
there was no security by me~ you could probably get a rose on stage thru someone maybe, not sure if stevie would take it herself, but hell she just might~ i just said that because a girl had a sharpie & her ticket & was right by stevie also & she showed it to stevie to sign, stevie shook her head no, but blew her a kiss~
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Hi

hi my name is Dylan i am 13 and this is my first post

I got a 4th row ticket and i got to stand in front of Lindsey the whole concert and that has been my dream since i was 3 years old. I loved the show.

David when you see this I am Dylan that you know I want to thank you for telling Lindsey about me!!!

Till next time
Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckingham101 View Post

I got a 4th row ticket and i got to stand in front of Lindsey the whole concert and that has been my dream since i was 3 years old. I loved the show.

David when you see this I am Dylan that you know I want to thank you for telling Lindsey about me!!!

Till next time
hi dylan, this is jill, i met you before the show & you guys stood up w/ me before the show~ i know your mom~ you finally got on the ledge!!!~
welcome!!!~
Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
And now for Lindsey, my god was that man on fire & I can totally see how many have called this tour the "Lindsey Show"~ I have never in my life seen someone put so much effort into EVERY song~ At times I was wondering how he could keep going on & on & not miss a beat~ He poured out his heart to us & gave it all he had & even tho I have always loved him~ I now have a new found respect for the man~ He is truly a rock legend & one of the best guitar players I have ever had the pleasure of seeing in person~ My husband was wearing a Buckingham 1993 concert shirt & Lindsey kept looking at him aknowledging that he was here & a long time fan~
I can attest to that -- Lindsey was excellent! He was really drenched in sweat at the end, after running all over the place!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Junior Ledgie

he was amazing

hey Jill yeah i have had this account for a while and i just forgot about it i loved the show

hey you wouldn't happen to know David's name on here would you?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
he was amazing

hey Jill yeah i have had this account for a while and i just forgot about it i loved the show

hey you wouldn't happen to know David's name on here would you?
it's davidmn~
Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Till next time
Dylan, buddy!! you are the man!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David,

I think it is really cool that you go to all these shows--I'm sure you have posted your story many times but I am really intrigued. How long have you followed the band? How to you schedule it? Finance it? I think it is awesome and you are in no way obligated to answer any of these questions but I would love to hear your story.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
David,

I think it is really cool that you go to all these shows--I'm sure you have posted your story many times but I am really intrigued. How long have you followed the band? How to you schedule it? Finance it? I think it is awesome and you are in no way obligated to answer any of these questions but I would love to hear your story.
Well, quite frankly I have to be very creative. I sit mostly in the $50 seats, that way I'm able ot go to more shows. and for the Tulsa-Denver leg, since I'm taking the bus, I picked these citites because the venues were very close to the bus stations, thus cutting down on travel costs.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well good for you David...that is awesome you are able to do that. You have to be a real fan to be willing to do Greyhounds across the midwest. There have to be some real characters riding the bus!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
There have to be some real characters riding the bus!
Oh you have no idea!! seriously though, it wasnt that bad. You really get to experience a differeant side of people when you ride the bus. ANd besides, when my family traveled when I was younger, we always drove everywhere, so I love being on the road liek that to begin with.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
drunk girl
that sux Jill...why do some get soooo wasted? Maybe the drunkgirl will register and let us know.

Thanks for your review/pics!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

more of my pics~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 05-14-2009 at 10:44 AM..