Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I would discuss it, but it hasn't aired here yet.
Now ya'll know I'd have been here seconds after it aired to give my run down of every detail. LOL

I WANNA SEE THIS!!!! Extras on the DVD?????
Old 09-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
That's it? I thought everyone would be fawning all over it! I just learned that it is not going to be shown in this area at all. At least they didn't have it listed at all for these channels on the pbs website. If anyone 'round here hears diff, please tell me. For Christ's sake, he's from Palo Alto, an hour away. Retardo. mucho retardo. Of course I wrote them a letter. Yes, I realize I can buy it, I still think it's retardo though.
amber...what are your pbs stations?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LB stripped. [/QUOTE] Sounds good to me !!!! I liked the show, but thought it was way too short !!! LB needed to take that leather jacket off - he looked hot!! I think it was very good, can't wait for a tour now !!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the lindsey buckingham guitar band were by no means a bad show. looking back now though they were a bit geeky
Old 09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow it's actually airing here at 2 pm today A normal time?? Impressive.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default DVD W/ bonus material

I just looked at the tape - Here's the # for the Lindsey dvd - they said

" with bonus material not seen in this broadcast."

1-800-237-1100

Make sure you order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

What the f***????? I just tried to order it and Lindsey isn't even listed !! Why in the hell did they put up the number if it can't even be ordered yet ??

Then it says that if the artist isn't listed to visit - www.shopwttw.com , so I went to that, and he isn't listed there either!! Damn I'm mad now!!

Last edited by LINDSEY#1FAN; 09-09-2005 at 11:03 AM..
Old 09-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

great price at amazon right now...get it while discounted to 13.99!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I liked the OOTC guitar army. It's the SYW tourband that was a bit too much for me.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's the SYW tourband that was a bit too much for me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. When the Mac or LB will tour again, not too many extra musicians please this band or this guy has power enough.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

okay, I'll just copy this from my xanga page you show how much I LOVE Lindsey:

Quote:
Well, tonight was been a whirlwind. You see, I was looking forward more than anything to watching Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac, you guys. and you say you know me ) tonight on Soundstage on PBA3O. Well, 11 comes, I turn to the station, and it is just a black screen. I call my mom, a mile down the road and on the same cable system, and Lindsey is strumming away on channel 16. Me: black screen. I want to kill something. So, I make a desperate last ditch decision to rush over there to atleast catch most of it. I so happened to park in the spot right next to the concrete column on the 2nd floor of the parking deck and start to pull out without thinking about anything except getting to Lindsey as fast as I can. do you see where this is going? I start to turn the car left way before I should, and SCREETCH BAM I hit the column.So, the front left on my beautiful Honda now boasts huge black streeks, some huge dents, and a missing light cover (not the headlights- I think they're "running lights" or something?".) so, not the worst that could have happened but a huge bummer none the less

needless to say, not happy about that at all. the show was pretty good, atleast
so....ya. I missed SGCYM, Trouble, and Big Love- I came in during Go Insane. I thought the show was good, but was not expecting it to be so "bare-bones"-they didn't even have a full drum set! Songs like "Peacekeeper" really need that extra punch, so sometimes the "Unplugged" thing was kinda weird...On the other hand, it's always great to hear a song we've all heard 1000 times done in a different way, so in a way I'm glad they did it like they did.

Stevie was wearing BOOTS but also the horrible victorian-granny-button-up thing of the 2003 SYW tour and the big parted hair. she still looks great though and almost smaller than in LIB. They seemed to bring her voic up more prominantly than LIB. It was a WONDERFUL suprise to see the Frozen Love thing! and you KNOW she remembers every word!

ya, GYOW sounded funky, kind of like a "remix". I liked it though. overall, I thought the show was great and will be getting the DVD. Lindsey rocks!

adam
Old 09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
In editing, I guess, they did something very funky with the sound of the audience. Perhaps it was drowning out LB's vocals but the only time you heard the applause or screams from the audience was between songs and you SEE the audience going nuts several times during the performance but hear nothing. I found that kind of weird and I actually think--even if it interfered a bit with the vocals, they should have left it in. That's what feeds the performance and that was the natural response so...why take it out?
ITA, Regina. In fact that's my only complaint (other than the omission of SYHA, which will hopefully be on the extras). If you didn't know better you'd think the audience was just sitting around yawning during songs, they way they have that sound turned down.

Quote:
Murrow was a bit strange live. I think he pulls some of the guitar work straight from I'm So Afraid on that one but I kind of liked it. It's odd but the recorded version is odd, too. Red Rover was fun (and wasn't that supposed to be like the first time he ever sang it live? it wasn't in the SYW tour yet at that point--because, on that one, you do hear a big cheer from the audience before they cut out the sound). Trouble unplugged was another odd thing but pretty. Oh, he did Down on Rodeo, which had that pretty little voice of his doing nice things toward the end of the song (aren't you glad I'm getting all technical on you?)
Again, I agree about Murrow. And yes, that was the first live Red Rover. I think the crowd response to it, which was terrific (although they cut most of it out) encouraged him to put it in the set. He seemed surprised and pleased that people not only were screaming for it, but had screamed it out as a request earlier in the set.

Overall an excellent show!

Old 09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default !.

Okay, I've never been a HUGE Lindsey music fan. I just heard Trouble last night and I was like "Wow, this is a really good song" I thought the Soundstage was amazing, and I REALLY want it on DVD! He was definitely looking hott last night. mmm, I loves me some Lindsey Buckingham.

Oh yeah, after they did Never Going Back again, and Stevie randomly broke out into song and then she said she didn't remember the rest of it, what was she singing? The crowd went NUTS when she sang with no music. It was awesome.

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 09-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
Stevie randomly broke out into song and then she said she didn't remember the rest of it, what was she singing?
She was singing "Frozen Love," from the 'Buckingham Nicks' album.

If you don't have it, get yourself to buckinghamnicks.net, ASAP, and download it... you'll be glad you did.
http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/slmedia.html
Old 09-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87
Stevie was wearing BOOTS but also the horrible victorian-granny-button-up thing of the 2003 SYW tour and the big parted hair. she still looks great though and almost smaller than in LIB.
I figured she did this to appease LB... after all, it was his show and she seemed to be trying to make it low-key. I noticed she tried to put the attention back on Lindsey when the crowd was clapping for her. I thought it was kind of sweet she wore the cardigan for his show. I think it would almost have looked like she was trying to steal his thunder if she'd shown up in full Stevie Nicks garb.

Honestly, I think she looks thinner and better in the sweater. The big shawls add heft to her torso... and age does that quite nicely without any help from extra fabric. She has a short torso to begin with and the shawls just make her look wider now. I realize this may be heresy to some, but I think she should lose the shawls. She can still do drapey sleeves and ragged hems...
Old 09-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
She was singing "Frozen Love," from the 'Buckingham Nicks' album.

If you don't have it, get yourself to buckinghamnicks.net, ASAP, and download it... you'll be glad you did.
http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/slmedia.html
You're a stevie-addict StevienicksEO17, and that's great. listen to Frozen Love and become a Lindsey-addict, too.