The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Ledgie

Question Oklahoma City, OK; 5-18-77 full version?

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the soundboard recording of this Oklahoma show from the Rumours tour. It sounds like it was sourced from vinyl (I can hear pops and clicks throughout...)

My question is: does anyone have a copy (and would they be willing to put it up for download?) where the songs aren't cut so much -- I'm guessing they were edited for space so the concert could fit on two records (was it three sides/ maybe four?).

Thanks to anyone who can help! :~)

Kind Regards,
Hugh.

ps. the show is here.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Such a sad site... The guy takes lossless material downloaded from etree and turns around and posts it as mp3's.... Then asks you to click on the ads so he can make some cash on his site! Then asks for a donation!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
Hi all,

I've just downloaded the soundboard recording of this Oklahoma show from the Rumours tour. It sounds like it was sourced from vinyl (I can hear pops and clicks throughout...)

My question is: does anyone have a copy (and would they be willing to put it up for download?) where the songs aren't cut so much -- I'm guessing they were edited for space so the concert could fit on two records (was it three sides/ maybe four?).
I always tell people this about these soundboards. They were stolen some years ago. They're on cassette sources -- no vinyl was involved. The woman who first sold them to the public (as audio CD-Rs) edited them drastically: intros & outros, talking, whole songs. To get hold of unedited copies, you'd have to get the original cassette sources, which are probably still in the possession of the various people involved in the CD-R transfers. Those people might put the unedited sources into circulation one day. I would imagine that if they did, it would be for a price.

Of course, now that I've said that, watch some unedited copy of this one make it to the torrent sites.

The pops you hear are more than likely from people trying to burn copies of the originally sold CDs (which had thick labels on them & were on very poor-quality media). I've tried burning a few of those CDs myself (onto new CDs) & the popping & skipping is bad.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I always tell people this about these soundboards. They were stolen some years ago. They're on cassette sources -- no vinyl was involved. The woman who first sold them to the public (as audio CD-Rs) edited them drastically: intros & outros, talking, whole songs. To get hold of unedited copies, you'd have to get the original cassette sources, which are probably still in the possession of the various people involved in the CD-R transfers. Those people might put the unedited sources into circulation one day. I would imagine that if they did, it would be for a price.

Of course, now that I've said that, watch some unedited copy of this one make it to the torrent sites.

The pops you hear are more than likely from people trying to burn copies of the originally sold CDs (which had thick labels on them & were on very poor-quality media). I've tried burning a few of those CDs myself (onto new CDs) & the popping & skipping is bad.
cool i have a cassette of 1980 fleetwood mac soundboard in d.c., some lady sold them to me on ebay~ i have some heart 1's also~
Old 04-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
cool i have a cassette of 1980 fleetwood mac soundboard in d.c.,
Really... And hows the sound on it??