The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It doesn't make any sense to me. I can't really see him wasting two years of his life creating such a house, with a studio where he said he wanted to work on his solo and the next FM album only to sell it.

Tom Cruise... definitely Tom Cruise.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI

Last edited by Serrart; 11-21-2004 at 11:54 AM..
Old 11-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to see how people are going to pounce on this as somehow being about trouble in the Buckingham's marriage. Everything is eventual and no one's been making any ridiculous claims about the "love triangle" that is supposedly made up of Lindsey, Kristin, and Stevie for quite awhile.

I can just imagine the thoughts going through the heads of the folks who just know that Lindsey and Queen Fairy Farts are having a torrid love affair and are going to get back together.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

All the marriage drama or lack thereof aside, can we start critiquing the house?

Because JESUS. TV in the bathtub? Lime green lamps with THE HEADBOARD? A painted-on-the-wall bookcase? A photograph on ONE SIDE of another bookcase, but not the other (composition, plz?)?

Someone get an interior designer in there. Jesus.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
All the marriage drama or lack thereof aside, can we start critiquing the house?

Because JESUS. TV in the bathtub? Lime green lamps with THE HEADBOARD? A painted-on-the-wall bookcase? A photograph on ONE SIDE of another bookcase, but not the other (composition, plz?)?

Someone get an interior designer in there. Jesus.
Their biggest faux pas is having table lamps on the kitchen counters. The thought of that alone makes me physically ill. I quite like the headboard, but I don't like anything else in the bedroom. IMO, the whole house looks too "new rich," as in someone from a working class background hit the lottery, then bought and dressed up a house according to what they thought was in style without any of it having the slightest bit of warmth or history. Very dry and bland. I question the sanity of anyone who says that house is their "dream home."

Don't even get me started on the whole Spanish theme, it's such old hat and if the Buckinghams were going to go for that look, they should infused it with something fresh.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I can't wait to see how people are going to pounce on this as somehow being about trouble in the Buckingham's marriage. Everything is eventual and no one's been making any ridiculous claims about the "love triangle" that is supposedly made up of Lindsey, Kristin, and Stevie for quite awhile.
Dissention, even YOU could admit that it's not that big of a jump to consider that as a serious possibility. Or have you just not been paying attention since, oh, 1997? What is your hypothesis on this situation anyway? I'd love to know why Kristen & Lindsey have decided to sell "their greatest achievement" only 2 years since it was completed. If you have the whole truth, believe me, I'm listening. I'd LOVE to hear it.

Last edited by Merf; 11-21-2004 at 01:40 PM..
Old 11-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
Dissention, even YOU could admit that it's not that big of a jump to consider that as a serious possibility. Or have you just not been paying attention since, oh, 1997? What is your hypothesis on this situation anyway? I'd love to know why Kristen & Lindsey have decided to sell "their greatest achievement" only 2 years since it was completed. If you have the whole truth, believe me, I'm listening. I'd LOVE to hear it.
You hit the nail on the head, Meredith. I wouldn't hypothesize as to why they're selling their house because I don't have one shred of evidence that would aid me in coming up with one. For all I know, the whole thing was an investment opportunity. We all know that Lindsey is good with his money.

I've been paying attention perfectly well since '97 and there is nothing to suggest any of the wild things that so many people like to post and believe. People see what they want to see. You could give me a million examples of things that have occurred onstage, but not one of those things has any credibility to it. Stevie and Lindsey are entertainers and the drama is what made them so famous and is what continues to propel a lot of their success today. They play it up for the crowds and are totally conscious of what they're doing.

I also do not analyze interviews and try to find deep, hidden meanings when it comes to their comments like a lot of people do. I don't listen to their songs and automatically believe that the songs are about each other. And, quite frankly, there is nothing to suggest that anything is wrong with the Buckingham marriage or that Lindsey secretly pines over Stevie. It simply isn't realistic and if I wanted to, I could come up with lots of "evidence" that suggests that Lindsey has a thing for that background singer Jana. People see what they want to see. I have no problem with it, espeically if it helps in making someone enjoy the music even more. But let us not publicly insinuate things that we have no clue over because it isn't fair to either one of them. I know lots of people like to vilify Kristin online, but I don't and find it rather brazen and ignorant. Many seem to think that they can tell what's going on in her relationship with Lindsey or how she's feeling just by studying the look on her face at a concert. I don't think so and find that whole notion utterly laughable.

Obviously, this isn't necessarily directed at you, darling. But can't you see my point? I can point at all the "evidence" and other such nonsense if I wanted to, but it doesn't make the whole thing seem any more palatable or believable. None of us even knows them personally, let alone know them well enough to make such grand statements about what we believe to be occurring in their private lives.

PS: Your quite the match for David's snarkiness today.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do think it's utterly plausable that they are possibly splitting. Who knows! But it doesn't mean that Stevie has to be involved in any of it. I see rejoicing elsewhere at the impending end to the Buckinghams marriage and the hope that he will be ending up in the arms of Stevie. The romantic in me would love to see this but also remember that 3 young children are very involved in anything that 'might' be occuring
Old 11-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey can marry a blue tomato- I don`t care for 5 cents.
The only trouble I see here is the new album being postponed for the next 4 years or so. What have we been doing wrong?
Old 11-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
The only trouble I see here is the new album being postponed for the next 4 years or so. What have we been doing wrong?
Finally, a voice of reason. He could marry a mule named Sue and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I do think it's utterly plausable that they are possibly splitting. Who knows! But it doesn't mean that Stevie has to be involved in any of it. I see rejoicing elsewhere at the impending end to the Buckinghams marriage and the hope that he will be ending up in the arms of Stevie. The romantic in me would love to see this but also remember that 3 young children are very involved in anything that 'might' be occuring
Of course it's plausible that they're splitting, just as it's plausible that Stevie is a lesbian and that John really put the John Kerry sticker on his own case. But whenever this whole "love triangle" business comes up, I don't hear anything plausible; I hear romantic fantasies that are even more flighty than anything Stevie could write or sing. Sometimes I wonder if the woman who has made her living by actually living in a dream world is more grounded in reality than her fans. I don't think she studies other celebrities and their facial expressions, only to jump onto a chat board and proclaim how such and such loves what's-his-name and how intense and passionate their unspoken love is. No offense to anyone, but call a spade a spade. And the spade I currently see is telling me that none of us know a goddamned thing.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. If in fact the worst does occur, I see him working alot.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the spade I currently see is telling me that none of us know a goddamned thing.
Agreed. Yet 'I told you so' is being thrown around already. And I still think any 'split' (if indeed that is even what this sale is about) is sad for the kids involved

Pip

Last edited by Gypsy-Rhiannon; 11-21-2004 at 02:23 PM..
Old 11-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. If in fact the worst does occur, I see him working alot.
A la Go Insane ?

Old 11-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Agreed. Yet 'I told you so' is being thrown around already

Pip
Well, that simply reveals how childish and immature people can truly be. But, take solace in the fact that neither you or I are immature like that.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that simply reveals how childish and immature people can truly be. But, take solace in the fact that neither you or I are immature like that.
You don't know me too well then