The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

August 19th was exactly 2 months for me of eating right and exercising. Most of the first month was all about walking. The 2nd month consisted of walking and some jogging. This week has been mostly about jogging, though I move in a slower way than normal because my legs still aren't ready for the full throttle of running. I always travel 3.3 miles. For those first two months my legs were sore just below my knees and then I said to myself that even the professional runners do stretches before and after their workouts so I should try that also. Well that totally did the trick of removing the knee soreness. Some days I feel a bit stiff but at least there is no more soreness. I lost my first ten pounds in the first two weeks and then it took another six weeks to lose five more pounds. Those five pounds became like our gas prices. They went up, they went down. Up, down, up, down. I'd come home after a long humidity filled walk drenched in sweat, eat all healthy foods and then gain weight the next day. It was very frustrating. But despite the weight loss I started to notice a big change in how I felt about myself day to day. I have more energy(but still need more LOL) and sleep much better and find myself laughing a lot. My skin is clearer. I have been very inspired by some FB friend's for their own personal daily workouts. This week more weight has shed away and now in just 9 weeks total I have lost a whopping 17 lbs.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
August 19th was exactly 2 months for me of eating right and exercising. Most of the first month was all about walking. The 2nd month consisted of walking and some jogging. This week has been mostly about jogging, though I move in a slower way than normal because my legs still aren't ready for the full throttle of running. I always travel 3.3 miles. For those first two months my legs were sore just below my knees and then I said to myself that even the professional runners do stretches before and after their workouts so I should try that also. Well that totally did the trick of removing the knee soreness. Some days I feel a bit stiff but at least there is no more soreness. I lost my first ten pounds in the first two weeks and then it took another six weeks to lose five more pounds. Those five pounds became like our gas prices. They went up, they went down. Up, down, up, down. I'd come home after a long humidity filled walk drenched in sweat, eat all healthy foods and then gain weight the next day. It was very frustrating. But despite the weight loss I started to notice a big change in how I felt about myself day to day. I have more energy(but still need more LOL) and sleep much better and find myself laughing a lot. My skin is clearer. I have been very inspired by some FB friend's for their own personal daily workouts. This week more weight has shed away and now in just 9 weeks total I have lost a whopping 17 lbs.
Congratulation Vivfox, 17 lbs are a very good achievement!
Don't worry too much about the specific number of the scale, when you slim down doing exercise it can happen that it seems that you're not losing weight or you actually gain it because you simultaneously lose fat and build/gain muscle and muscle weighs more than fat (fat is very light). Probably the jogging is building a bit of your muscle.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Macfanforever
This message has been deleted by Macfanforever.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yeah, I almost had an heart attack. I took it to an engineer, if everything comes back my parents said will give me an external memory as a gift.
Quote:
Do a backup before updating if you decide to go for it, you still have time.
Quote:
Yeah, today I brought it to an informatic engineer, I hope he'll find them. Among the things I didn't have the time to back up were some rare bootlegs. He said the files might have been overwritten.
Quote:
The engineer called and he still didn't find anything, he just found somthing in the dropbox files. I want to kill.
Quote:
I am sooo sorry to hear this and so grateful I ignored the constant requests to change from 7 to 10.
Quote:
Nice thought, but my father's wine is completely preservatives-free and I doubt it would survive the journey. And I don't like beer. But If you ever come on holiday in Italy I'd be glad to give you a treat.

Thanks. And you did well, Windows 10 isn't that much anyway, with the constant notifications and listing the files that you opened for last.
At last they used another software to find lost and canceled files and at least I found some pictures and documents. But all that remains of my beloved bootlegs are the icons. ****.
Sorry about all the quotes here .Just catching up.I went through alot of issues with hard drives over the years and spend $1000s and had a pro recovery company in Texas done the recovery on the drives and they recovered most of my data from the drives .Back up is mandatory and it should be done all the time.Shutdown all of those auto updates too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Congrats Viv.I got to keep up the walking here and get off the junk food.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Sorry about all the quotes here .Just catching up.I went through alot of issues with hard drives over the years and spend $1000s and had a pro recovery company in Texas done the recovery on the drives and they recovered most of my data from the drives .Back up is mandatory and it should be done all the time.Shutdown all of those auto updates too.
Yeah, the engineer I first went to actually couldn't do anything and it turned out he actually made it worse, so I went to a professional recovery company and they decided to help for a miracle since they only worked with companies.
Basically I'm the only case they'e seen in which the Windows 10 update went wrong an it damaged my hard drive. The first engineer didn't know a thing of what could have happened so he just came back to windows 7 and then used a recovery data software. Still nothing and I payed him 30 Euros
Since when I came home I noticed some software didn't open and the recovery data showwed nothing I went to this company under my bestfriend's mother advice. When her office lost all the documents they called this company and they recovered everything, so I tried.
The two software engineers welcomed me just because it was during the holiday and they didn't have much work to do. They looked at my PC and asked me what happened and were scandalized because the previous engineer actually worsened the problem and my harddisc was obviously damaged. When they looked though the files they found some temp files of my bootlegs and said they were bootlegs collectors too, one of them was a Fleetwood Mac fan too and said they would repair my PC and use a professional recovery machine to find all the files possible.
I'm now searching through the recovered files and I'm happy that at least I've found some documents and pictures.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, the engineer I first went to actually couldn't do anything and it turned out he actually made it worse, so I went to a professional recovery company and they decided to help for a miracle since they only worked with companies.
Basically I'm the only case they'e seen in which the Windows 10 update went wrong an it damaged my hard drive. The first engineer didn't know a thing of what could have happened so he just came back to windows 7 and then used a recovery data software. Still nothing and I payed him 30 Euros
Since when I came home I noticed some software didn't open and the recovery data showwed nothing I went to this company under my bestfriend's mother advice. When her office lost all the documents they called this company and they recovered everything, so I tried.
The two software engineers welcomed me just because it was during the holiday and they didn't have much work to do. They looked at my PC and asked me what happened and were scandalized because the previous engineer actually worsened the problem and my harddisc was obviously damaged. When they looked though the files they found some temp files of my bootlegs and said they were bootlegs collectors too, one of them was a Fleetwood Mac fan too and said they would repair my PC and use a professional recovery machine to find all the files possible.
I'm now searching through the recovered files and I'm happy that at least I've found some documents and pictures.
Yes .Its a PITA when a operating system Windows/Mac drive goes bad .All of my computers except this Dell that I'm on now I installed a second drive for onboard file storage.All the recovered files from my internal storage drive came back to me with no bad corrupt files.As for the op system drive it was more harder to recover files since they are inside the Windows program.I got back most of my files from those op system drives and some files were corrupt.My pro recovery engineer said if you have something wrong as your computer wont boot or virus problem.Don't turn it on or let it write anything more on the drive.It will make the recovery harder to recover files in whole.I had 4 drives recovered over the years two op system and two internal backup drives.one op system drive had a mechanical clicking sound in my first Dell .The others were from the bad mother board problems. in the same Dell tower with suppose a new mother board that went bad too. Which today I'm still shocked the he recovered my files like family photos /videos ,Stevie'Mac stuff.personal documents and other stuff you dont want to loose in cyberspace.My engineer also tried to recover an SD card for me but no luck since they are difficult when the internal control integrated circuit fries up.Which an new Nikon Coolpix camera fried it which I returned it for an new one..If the SD card was screwed up with software only problem .My engineer probably have no problems on recovering the files from it.AS long you dont add"write anymore photos and other files on it.You will have better chances on getting all of your files intacted .I hope this will help all of you in the future.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't read old love letters.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Don't let politics ruin friendships.
Quote:
Don't read old love letters.
Mid-life crisis?
Old 08-28-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yes .Its a PITA when a operating system Windows/Mac drive goes bad .All of my computers except this Dell that I'm on now I installed a second drive for onboard file storage.All the recovered files from my internal storage drive came back to me with no bad corrupt files.As for the op system drive it was more harder to recover files since they are inside the Windows program.I got back most of my files from those op system drives and some files were corrupt.My pro recovery engineer said if you have something wrong as your computer wont boot or virus problem.Don't turn it on or let it write anything more on the drive.It will make the recovery harder to recover files in whole.I had 4 drives recovered over the years two op system and two internal backup drives.one op system drive had a mechanical clicking sound in my first Dell .The others were from the bad mother board problems. in the same Dell tower with suppose a new mother board that went bad too. Which today I'm still shocked the he recovered my files like family photos /videos ,Stevie'Mac stuff.personal documents and other stuff you dont want to loose in cyberspace.My engineer also tried to recover an SD card for me but no luck since they are difficult when the internal control integrated circuit fries up.Which an new Nikon Coolpix camera fried it which I returned it for an new one..If the SD card was screwed up with software only problem .My engineer probably have no problems on recovering the files from it.AS long you dont add"write anymore photos and other files on it.You will have better chances on getting all of your files intacted .I hope this will help all of you in the future.
You're completely right, and those are all the recommendation the last engineer told me, just I didn't know that also simple googling could be a problem.
Yeah, I should have made a backup but my PC is relatively new (2 years old on November) and since I had moved all my stuff from my old computer I began to save money for an external hard drive. I didn't want to do a back up with CDs because I needed more than 6 of them, so I was waiting until I'd save enough and then with my parents help for my birthday (the 30th of October) I would have finally obtained my external memory.
Unfortunately the Windows 10 Update started bugging me every damn time I opened or closed my PC. Since also everyone started bugging me that I was the only one not updating it for free, I decided to do it. The rest is history.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mid-life crisis?
Hmm...

The political fighting gets old. I like to argue, but I don't
like it when someone gets their feelings hurt.

Love Letters...

I made the mistake yesterday of reading some of the old
love letters I found while cleaning out one of my closets
in preparation for vinyl storage.

It brought back memories and feelings I'd forgotten. Plus,
if you knew me you'd know how rare it was and is for me to be
photographed. So along with pictures of these past girlfriends
there was one or so of me (with them). Shirtless even!

I worked at a water park so it was common for some of us
to just wear shorts. And it was also before abs were created.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
So along with pictures of these past girlfriends
there was one or so of me (with them). Shirtless even!

I worked at a water park so it was common for some of us
to just wear shorts. And it was also before abs were created.
I take it it was the 70s. Bad fashion moments. At least you didn't wear ultra-low waist pants.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I take it it was the 70s. Bad fashion moments. At least you didn't wear ultra-low waist pants.
Dr. Nightroad,

I'm not that old. Specifically the '83 and '84 Summer Seasons.

It was when shorts were still really short. Not Daisy Duke short,
but you get the picture. Let's not even talk about when I played
basketball.

So if I posted my picture of the fashion moment at the boat docks,
you'd post a picture of you and the ultra-low waist pants?

Legal Disclaimer -

Under no circumstances will iamnotafraid post a picture of himself
in said shorts or other moments of questionable fashion choices.
Which include bell bottom pants, puffy sleeve shirts et cetera.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're completely right, and those are all the recommendation the last engineer told me, just I didn't know that also simple googling could be a problem.
Yeah, I should have made a backup but my PC is relatively new (2 years old on November) and since I had moved all my stuff from my old computer I began to save money for an external hard drive. I didn't want to do a back up with CDs because I needed more than 6 of them, so I was waiting until I'd save enough and then with my parents help for my birthday (the 30th of October) I would have finally obtained my external memory.
Unfortunately the Windows 10 Update started bugging me every damn time I opened or closed my PC. Since also everyone started bugging me that I was the only one not updating it for free, I decided to do it. The rest is history.
Yes.BACK IT UP...........My friend Bob had issues with Win 10 trying to get into his wife's laptop.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Dr. Nightroad,

I'm not that old. Specifically the '83 and '84 Summer Seasons.

It was when shorts were still really short. Not Daisy Duke short,
but you get the picture. Let's not even talk about when I played
basketball.

So if I posted my picture of the fashion moment at the boat docks,
you'd post a picture of you and the ultra-low waist pants?

Legal Disclaimer -

Under no circumstances will iamnotafraid post a picture of himself
in said shorts or other moments of questionable fashion choices.
Which include bell bottom pants, puffy sleeve shirts et cetera.
Actually if my academic studies come to fruition I will be Dr. Nightroad (well, Dr. Radicia) but that's another story.
Yeah, I know what pants you're talking about, there's an embarassing photo of my parents' honeymoon in 1980 in which my father wears a red pair of those micro gym shorts.
Fortunately I don't have any remnant picture of when I wore low-waist but I'll just say this: The lower the waist, the lower the ass.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

1. Actually if my academic studies come to fruition I will be Dr. Nightroad (well, Dr. Radicia) but that's another story.

2. Yeah, I know what pants you're talking about, there's an embarassing photo of my parents' honeymoon in 1980 in which my father wears a red pair of those micro gym shorts.

3. Fortunately I don't have any remnant picture of when I wore low-waist but I'll just say this: The lower the waist, the lower the ass.
1. I know more about you than you think Dr. Radicia. (pronounce that for me)

2. No offense to your father, but grouping me in with someone's parents makes me feel old.

3. Sounds like an excuse not to post a picture. You're not Kardashian are you?