The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up OMG, they are finally going to play it!

I can't believe it. My local, rock station (100.7 WZXL out of Atlantic City) is going to play Peacekeeper. Here's the e-mail that I just got tonight:

Hi Lee!

Thanks for your request on the new Fleetwood Mac song Peacekeeper.
Actually, I'm not the biggest fan of Linsey Buckingham led vocals but we should be playing it shortly..Keep Listening!

Steve Raymond

Then I thought just what does he mean "I'm not the biggest fan of Lindsey Buckingham led vocals"? Is it NUTS?? What's not to love about Lindsey's vocals? But anyway, they are going to play it. Persistence does pay off. I can't wait! I'll let you all know when I hear it.

Lee
Old 04-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default CONGRATS!!

YAY LEE, you get to hear it on the radio!! It sounds SOOO much cooler on the radio than these crappy mp3s'!! It's clearer and you are gonna be all excited!! LOL I know I was when I first heard it...and I've heard it about 8 times on my local soft rock station!!

Yeah, what's NOT to like about Lindsey's vocals...HE IS THE MAN!!! Doesn't Steve KNOW that?!?! LOL

BTW, I just went to the website for your station and requested Peacekeeper! LOL Hehehehe....

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 04-07-2003 at 09:13 PM..
Old 04-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Yes, Lindsey is the man!

Well, I STILL haven't heard Peacekeeper. Maybe he's waiting for Christmas! Nah, maybe he's just waiting for Tuesday, April 15th, for the release of Say You Will so he can plug their new CD. One can hope anyway.

Thanks, Christy, for going to their website & requesting it. The more people requesting, the more he'll see that the Mac & Lindsey rules!

Lee
Old 04-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm listening to it on the radio this very second!

"....but the only brush we need, is the one that never leaves a trace...."

I love that line....

Right after they played it the other day, the DJ said that it was a song open to many interpretations, but that FM probably wanted it that way. Today, he just said that the album is out next Tuesday.

And Lee, I thought program directors were supposed to be impartial. I'm sure he has to play a little of everything, not just the bands HE likes.