Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Ledgie

Question Behind The Mask and Time

I have all the Fleetwood Mac albulms except Behind the mask and Time. I've only heard "Affairs of the heart" and "Hollywood (Some Other Kind Of Town)" from those two albulms. There actually pretty good, but I was just wondering if it was worth buying them. I've heard good things about them but also negative ones.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In my opinion, they are both totally worth buying - "Behind the Mask" especially. But it depends on what you like about Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
In my opinion, they are both totally worth buying - "Behind the Mask" especially. But it depends on what you like about Fleetwood Mac
Of the two, I would definitely say "Time".
But you are so right..... it depends on what you like about Fleetwood Mac.
Personally, I can listen to "Time" straight thru repeatedly. As for "BtM"... not so much. Love Christine's songs and her work with Billy but the overall collection just doesn't have a consistency IMHO.
I believe it was also about that time that Stevie was REALLY all about herself and there was definitely the vibe that she didn't want to be there.

As for "Time"... Bekka and Billy's stuff is really something. I avoided the Dave Mason songs for awhile (after unfavorable reviews) but they have really grown on me and the entire disc is right on.

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Old 10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if you have ALL of the other albums, why not try these? Other albums have also gotten mixed reviews. The bottom line, if you appreciate Christine's songs, you won't be disappointed. If you appreciate John's bass playing and Mick's drumming, you won't be disappointed. These albums are no less Fleetwood Mac albums than "Bare Trees," "Mystery To Me," or "Rumours."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie85 View Post
I have all the Fleetwood Mac albulms except Behind the mask and Time. I've only heard "Affairs of the heart" and "Hollywood (Some Other Kind Of Town)" from those two albulms. There actually pretty good, but I was just wondering if it was worth buying them. I've heard good things about them but also negative ones.
I haven't really listened to BTW but I have listened to Time. I always saw people dogging the hell out of that CD. I decided to check it out on my own and I didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. If you can listen to some tracks online before buying...that is what I suggest you do.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

according to what I like about Fleetwood Mac, I choose BTM. I suggset BTM if you want to choose one.

I didn't like Time enough to listen the whole album, or at least an 80%. And that's what I liked about FM, I like the albums a lot ! the whole albums
Old 10-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Buy them both, they're fantastic!

Nevermind the reviews from those Ledgies who have tunnel-vision and see Fleetwood Mac only in terms of the Rumours era line-up.

Sure, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks made that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac great, but the band was great before them and continued to be great afterwards.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Buy them both, they're fantastic!

Nevermind the reviews from those Ledgies who have tunnel-vision and see Fleetwood Mac only in terms of the Rumours era line-up.

Sure, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks made that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac great, but the band was great before them and continued to be great afterwards.
Hi Vicky,

I know this post wasn't directed at me. But I just wanted to say I hope you don't get this impression from me because of the Buckingham/Nicks & Bekka/Billy thing. The Rumours line up is my favorite but I do enjoy many of the rest. I also get annoyed that other line ups are put down and do not get any credit from some who just won't give it a chance. But everyone has their opinion.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
Hi Vicky,

I know this post wasn't directed at me. But I just wanted to say I hope you don't get this impression from me because of the Buckingham/Nicks & Bekka/Billy thing. The Rumours line up is my favorite but I do enjoy many of the rest. I also get annoyed that other line ups are put down and do not get any credit from some who just won't give it a chance. But everyone has their opinion.
Nah, my problem is with those who post crap like "Time and Behind the Mask aren't true Fleetwood Mac albums" which (IMO) is the biggest bunch of bull**** ever. Fleetwood Mac is whatever Mick and John say it is. Lindsey and Stevie are not the be-all end-all of Fleetwood Mac. Neither is Peter Green. The band is defined by its rhythm section - its founding fathers.

There's nothing wrong with loving the Rumours lineup (lord knows that's what got me interested in the band initially, or more specifically, Stevie was who got me into it after years of listening to Bella Donna) or even loving them the best, but people should at least give the other incarnations a chance. A lot of the pre-1975 stuff is great and so are the albums that came out between '87 and '97.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nah, my problem is with those who post crap like "Time and Behind the Mask aren't true Fleetwood Mac albums" which (IMO) is the biggest bunch of bull**** ever. Fleetwood Mac is whatever Mick and John say it is. Lindsey and Stevie are not the be-all end-all of Fleetwood Mac. Neither is Peter Green. The band is defined by its rhythm section - its founding fathers.

There's nothing wrong with loving the Rumours lineup (lord knows that's what got me interested in the band initially, or more specifically, Stevie was who got me into it after years of listening to Bella Donna) or even loving them the best, but people should at least give the other incarnations a chance. A lot of the pre-1975 stuff is great and so are the albums that came out between '87 and '97.
I understand. I feel the exact same way. What is your favorite line up BTW?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I understand. I feel the exact same way. What is your favorite line up BTW?

Probably the Time line-up. I've become a huge fan of both Billy and Bekka and I'm so burnt out on the Rumours era stuff lately that I can't stand to listen to a lot of it anymore. Really though, I hardly ever listen to any actual Fleetwood Mac music. Mostly I just play the solo stuff.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably the Time line-up. I've become a huge fan of both Billy and Bekka and I'm so burnt out on the Rumours era stuff lately that I can't stand to listen to a lot of it anymore. Really though, I hardly ever listen to any actual Fleetwood Mac music. Mostly I just play the solo stuff.
I really started listening to FM in 2003 so I am not totally burned out yet even though I might be in another few years.

Your one of the first people I have seen say the Time line-up was your favorite. Most of the boards I post at I see "Time" getting a pretty bad rap and considered their worse album. If I am not mistaken didn't Lindsey make a not so great comment about that line-up? He didn't come out and say the actual line-up but it was hinted towards them. Correct me if I am....but if I am wrong don't kill me LINDSEY FANS! Anyway, I eventually I checked out the album after avoiding it for a while and I was surprised. The album was no where near as bad as people claim. I liked it better than I liked BTM. I have listened to almost all of BTM but it didn't totally grab me. I won't give up on it yet. I felt that way about "Mirage" at first but it has grown on me.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really started listening to FM in 2003 so I am not totally burned out yet even though I might be in another few years.
I jumped on the bandwagon with the reunion in 1997, so it's been nearly a decade of listening for me, though I was listening to Stevie solo before that.

Oh and yes, Lindsey has made some negative comments about the "Time" album (and yet, if you look at the credits, he's actually on it). He's also made comments about being amused that they hired two guitarists to replace him. Overall I think he was just a little bitter that his leaving wasn't the end of the band, a feeling which seems to also be reflected in the attitude of many of his fans and mirrored by Stevie's fans in regards to Time lineup.