The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Question one reason WHY Mirage DVD was Never Released!?

Why was the Mirage Concert never comercially released on DVD? Well it's 2am and I'm up late watching the import DVD I got on ebay. It's not bad quality. The sound is great and the picture is so-so. I've got component cables so the picture is fairly sharp! Anyhow...I realized something that I'd never seen before...

Here goes...you know the part after Stevie is screaming the ending to "Sisters of the Moon"? The "speaking in tongues" as some people call it? Well she does two or three little quick spins, and I swear to God you can see her ass. Looks like she's wearing the thigh highs that go all the way up, but it's definitely the bottom of her ass you're seeing!

How's that for a keen eye?
Old 09-25-2003, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"You only see what your eyes want to see/
How can life be what you want it to be"

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never noticed that. However, I think the reason that it's never been released is because Sony doesn't want to bother with it. HBO owns the broadcasting rights, but Sony owns the distribution rights.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That panty/crotch revealing and listing spin is my all time fav. of many fav. Stevie cracked out moments

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

I wasn't seeing things. It's really in there. And I'm only saying that may be ONE of the reasons why.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

and maybe it's because of this horrendous cut in the middle of this particular song. a video editor who makes such mistakes must be executed or something.
i just watched it 7 times right now, still, it's the most electrifying nicksness captured on video in my opinion.
paused it, rewinded it, played, paused, frame-by-framed it, paused again, no. no butt there.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:52 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Default Yes it is

Uh, I've watched it several times. I've seen this video over and over. GET the DVD and watch it. It IS in there. Right after she does the weird yelling part at the end of the song she twirls away from the mic and you can see her ass. I'm not dreaming, and you're blind.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile PERVS R US

OK, you guys got me interested so I checked it out on the DVD too and I do see "something" on that part but I'm not sure, I think it may just be the dark strip of fabric that's usually up near the top of the leg parts of most nylon stockings.

That is just my guess though, I'd be interested to hear other opinions. I think dissention is right about it being more of a legal rights thing as to why it's not on DVD in the US (yet ) and not because of some "oops nudity" deal but who knows?!

Now that I think of it, I remember Lindsey saying something at the "Purple rain" premere party on MTV (that a friend showed me that they had on video when interviewed) that he doesn't like nudity so maybe it is HE who doesn't like Stevie being naked in it...

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 09-25-2003 at 01:30 PM..
Old 09-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: PERVS R US

I always thought she was wearing flesh colored pantyhose/dancer's tights because her outfit is diaphenous (sp.?) with the stage lighting. Also, I cannot imagine she would not be wearing any underwear or at least stockings with those boots. But, stranger things have happened.

Old 09-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

hey guys - i'm new to this board; can someone help me get a copy of this Mirage DVD? i remember seeing the concert on HBO when i was very young. would love to see it.

many thanks
Old 09-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
I remember Lindsey saying something at the "Purple rain" premere party on MTV (that a friend showed me that they had on video when interviewed) that he doesn't like nudity so maybe it is HE who doesn't like Stevie being naked in it.
This thread is interesting!! He doesn't like nudity in what, movies or in general? LOL

BTW, her dress DOES twirl up alot and I think you catch peek of her panties, but I don't recall seeing booty. LOL I'll have to go watch it again and "suffer" through watching Lindsey do his stuff sans underwear....or so they say.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's odd, Lindsey always struck me as a very sexual being. He likes to perform without his skivvies on, loves to simulate bedroom noises on-stage, writes songs about...you know, and is rarely found without a half-way open shirt.

I've watched the Mirage video over and over and over through the years and never saw one ass cheek. Stevie doesn't strike me to be the kind that would go without undies, that's Lindsey's arena. Thank god his fly has always stayed zipped up.

The only problem with the argument that it's because of Stevie's butt cheek that it never was put on DVD is that it's already been released on video. If there was a butt, it could easily be edited out. Also, the band would have no say in whether it got released again; they don't own the rights, Sony does and Sony is not affiliated with their record company at all.

Old 09-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For some reason, this thread reminds me of the scene from Postcards from the Edge where Shirley McLaine's character screams "IT TWIRLED UP" refering to her skirt at her yound daughter's birthday party. Meryl Streep's character )the now older young daughter) says "Yea, but you weren't wearing any underwear!!!" and then Shirley McLaine's character makes an expression like "you are so picky."

Old 09-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Re: LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
This thread is interesting!! He doesn't like nudity in what, movies or in general? LOL
LOL! Well, I think it was Mark Goodman asking him about "Purple rain" as they were about to go in and Lindsey said something like "I understand (PR) has a lot of violence and nudity which I'm not big on but..." so it just came to mind when I was typing last time, just thought it was funny.

Ah, Strand, I DID think of the "TWIRLED UP!" PFTE quote/scene too, I had forgotten to add that to my last post here. I love Shirley's "WELL..." after Meryl's underwear punchline remark.

John
Old 09-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always thought we were seeing Stevie's leotard-covered tushie, not exactly "panties." I.e., she's wearing cotton-crotch tights, with a leotard over them.