User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Elle - thanks for posting this by the way!

Lindsey: "75% of your material is pre-ordained..."

Stevie: "He's in involved in a very girly world and that's very good for me."

Mick: "They were BN and that whole sensibility which is in truth sort of how it ended up... and I would love to think that we come up with some kooky ideas...the atmosphere of Buckingham Nicks...some of the material for Buckingham Nicks II ended up being on the Fleetwood Mac white album, so I think a cheeky look at doing some of that -- I always imagine like in the old days they used to sing on one microphone like the Everly Brothers..."
Ooo controversial! I know some may hate this idea, but as for me, love love love!

Quote:
Here's a link to the same show, unfortunately it's in 3 segments and only the first one is working:

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2012/12/13/...pecial-listen/
thanks for the links!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Ooo controversial! I know some may hate this idea, but as for me, love love love!

thanks for the links!
I know right! I had the image of "Angel" in my head when he was saying that... if they do that I will be beside myself!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Quote:
I know right! I had the image of "Angel" in my head when he was saying that... if they do that I will be beside myself!
why controversial?

if the only way i can see LB live next year is to pay these ridiculous prices and see him with the Mac, than i would like to at least see:
  • some of the warmth and famous chemistry live between LB and SN that everybody talks about.
  • close to 3 hr show (just 21 songs they are talking about and preordained bs? you can do better FM! i complained about hearing just 13 LB songs during OMS, now i will have less than 10 of his songs for all that money next year?).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

[*]some of the warmth and famous chemistry live between LB and SN that everybody talks about.

[/LIST]
But I am not sure you CAN see it. I mean what I would see in Sara would leave you impassive, I suspect. It is not really an objective thing. Michele
Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But I am not sure you CAN see it. I mean what I would see in Sara would leave you impassive, I suspect. It is not really an objective thing. Michele
true... i'm thinking of very visible interactions i guess? i liked Landslide, SYW, and Tusk interactions on LiB (even though many complained about the tusk dance). i disliked Sara interaction on UL.

oh and moving on from interactions: monkey dance before the Stand Back on LiB? priceless! same with guitar humping on GDW

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I was only half joking about it being "controversial" because of the way he seemed to word things: "Some of the material for Buckingham Nicks II ended up being on the Fleetwood Mac white album, so I think a cheeky look at doing some of that -- I always imagine like in the old days they used to sing on one microphone like the Everly Brothers."
I just know not everyone is as into their BN material. The "cheeky look at doing some that" could mean to me maybe Frozen Love? Eh eh eh? Please, pretty please?!
But obviously he could just mean what you were speaking to earlier, e.g. the Tusk dance, etc.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John would be really funny in this interview :-/

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know the whole 75 percent is predetermined rhetoric has gone from a little annoying to me to just plain pathetic. They just sound stupid saying this stuff. They act like they are contractually obligated to play certain songs. And that contract is 17 songs long. It's as simple as looking at those 17 songs and removing 3 and bam now you have 9 to 10 songs to play with instead of 5 or 6. Well be thrilled and casual fans aren't going to notice the missing 3. I'm most mad at them acting like it isn't even a choice then anything else. And Lindsey is way worse then Stevie in this aspect.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love SARA. I am so excited.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You know the whole 75 percent is predetermined rhetoric has gone from a little annoying to me to just plain pathetic. They just sound stupid saying this stuff. They act like they are contractually obligated to play certain songs. And that contract is 17 songs long. It's as simple as looking at those 17 songs and removing 3 and bam now you have 9 to 10 songs to play with instead of 5 or 6. Well be thrilled and casual fans aren't going to notice the missing 3. I'm most mad at them acting like it isn't even a choice then anything else. And Lindsey is way worse then Stevie in this aspect.
I think its a joke that 'they' can't play different songs from there long list of songs (catalog) its funny how they throw the 'obligated' card out because 'they' don't want to try something 'new' and different I just will never understand it. To me IMO 'they' can play whatever 'they' want but the facts are they want to play what is safe & usual. Same with Stevie solo she's afraid to try new & different things. You as the artist can play whatever you want to. But they don't feel that way they feel certian songs should 'always' be there. Its so sad yes maybe 'some' but they really could try new things. I guess thats why I won't pay any $$ for seeing any concerts because of this. I don't care for the live concerts anymore besides the prices. Its sad really not interested period. IMO anyway, no offence. It is what it is.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
Gypsy, Sara yes please but NO to dreams, ngba, stand back, gyow landslide and big love thank you
It's the endless debate. We the fans are tired of those songs in concerts, but the common mortals would be disappointed if she doesn't sing Dreams, or Lindsey plays GYOW.

When Paul came to Peru for the very first and only time, he of course played Yesterday. I think the whole stadium would have been disappointed if he didn't. But sure the die hard fans who have been in several tours are tired of that song and wish to hear a never played live song.

She will sing Dreams, I'm sure. Not that I wish it, but she will.