User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2023, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You may not call it Fleetwood Mac just like many of us did not call the 2018 version Fleetwood Mac. I was not cherry picking anything just pointed out some of the history. You pointing out some Lindsey date from 2013 has no relevancy. Let's talk post Lindsey termination. Lindsey said he is game to go back. Mick now says he will welcome Lindsey back (after saying it would never happen).
You realize that is what I said, it would be Mick, Stevie and Lindsey since they are the only ones that can still tour. YOU may not call it Fleetwood Mac but everyone else will. If I recall you took offense to Fakewood Mac. I will remain consistent. It was Fakewood Mac then and would be Fakewood Mac again. Why have you changed your tune?
You have changed but I have remained ageless.
Silly me for thinking a band that had Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie in it was really Fleetwood Mac. I guess Kiln House, Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin, Mystery to Me, Heroes Are Hard To Find, Behind The Mask, and Time don’t count, then.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 09-25-2023 at 05:52 PM..
Old 09-25-2023, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
Hi Homer,
After watching the, uploaded, YouTube concert in Houston, Texas, I have to sadly agree with some of your comments
I was at this concert sitting a few feet from the stage. The reverb and harsh sound from the backing tracks created an experience much like sitting in an echo chamber tripping on acid. I left the arena with a migraine headache.

Nonetheless, I was happy to throw my money down for any member of the band that I've been faithfully following for nearly 50 years. There is very little time left, so I'm trying to enjoy the end as best I can. But, oh, those backing tracks are awful.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The thing is, Fleetwood Mac was not founded by or with either McVie. Peter created the name to lure John away from John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers. So technically Fleetwood Mac existed before the McVies and thus could exist without them. I think Mick would be open to proceeding without John but would Stevie and Lindsey? I get the impression they wouldn’t.

I think a Buckingham Nicks tour (maybe even with Mick) would be the ultimate way to wrap up their careers. With Stevie just announcing yet another solo tour next year I’m just not sure that’s in the cards anymore. At one point I would have wagered that she’d eventually get bored and crave the Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey drama to mix things up. But I think touring with the likes of Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, The Pretenders, Tom Petty etc over the past 20 years she’s been able to keep things interesting for herself without having to deal with Lindsey etc again. I think she likes being in charge and not having to compromise on anything. I’ve always rolled my eyes when folks speculate that FM is done because they’re too old etc but I think we may have finally crossed that bridge.

Most strangely of all, I feel badly for Mick. He must feel quite aimless right now. The band he sacrificed absolutely everything for is no more and the surviving members all seem to have moved on without him. His mother is dead, his marriage is over, his restaurant is gone, etc.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The thing is, Fleetwood Mac was not founded by or with either McVie. Peter created the name to lure John away from John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers. So technically Fleetwood Mac existed before the McVies and thus could exist without them. I think Mick would be open to proceeding without John but would Stevie and Lindsey? I get the impression they wouldn’t.
Bob Brunning did like six shows with Fleetwood Mac.

The name came from a session. One of the other songs was “Greenie.”

Peter named the band Fleetwood Mac in part to lure John away from Mayall, but also because he knew he and Jeremy would eventually move on and wanted Mick and John to be able to continue without them.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-26-2023, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Silly me for thinking a band that had Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie in it was really Fleetwood Mac. I guess Kiln House, Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin, Mystery to Me, Heroes Are Hard To Find, Behind The Mask, and Time don’t count, then.
Don't side step the question Steve.
Mick has always called his band Fleetwood Mac no matter who was in it. You discarded this thread's premise by saying Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey they may do something together but it wont be called Fleetwood Mac.
The only time its not allowed to be called Fleetwood Mac is when Stevie is not involved (BuckVie). You need to dig out the rule book and read it again. The business side of Fleetwood Mac needs the name.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick has always called his band Fleetwood Mac no matter who was in it.
The only time it’s not allowed to be called Fleetwood Mac is when Stevie is not involved (BuckVie). The business side of Fleetwood Mac needs the name.
Fleetwood Mac is FM if John and Mick are there. Say You Will - Live 2013 was FM. 2018 was Fleetwood Mac, however, it was the only new lineup not to make music. Marilyn Martin said it great in her RS interview that you had four FM members with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell of the Heartbreakers. It’s like Vince Gill and Deacon Frey - not band members.

The Stones are releasing a new album with their new drummer, but even dear Charlie is on two tracks and said tracks were recorded with Charlie in the room. The 2018 lineup couldn’t even release a new album next year and have new tracks with Christine, because Stevie wouldn’t make a new album with the 2018 lineup with all the time they had from March 2018-October 2018. December 2018-January 31, 2019. June 2019-August 2019. November 2019 until Covid. Instead they finished as a jukebox act.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't side step the question Steve.
Mick has always called his band Fleetwood Mac no matter who was in it. The only time its not allowed to be called Fleetwood Mac is when Stevie is not involved (BuckVie). You need to dig out the rule book and read it again.
I think everyone considers Time a FM album, and Stevie wasn’t on that. Also, I’ve never seen an interview where Stevie said Buck/Vie couldn’t have been a FM album, but I do recall that hilarious interview where Lindsey was asked why they didn’t just call it a FM album, because 4 members had recorded it, and he acted perplexed why the interviewer asked that question, and Lindsey’s publicist stepped in and told the interviewer the interview would end if he didn’t move on. The only people who said it WASN’T a FM album were Lindsey and Christine, unless you have a link saying otherwise.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is how Mick felt in 1990. However it's one thing to say when you're 43 how you'll feel when you're 80. And another thing is how you really feel when you are already 76. Plus what your closest friends think.

Yet I also want Fleetwood Mac to go on until Eternity. If anyone else quits, John McVie and I will just go out and find another front line. As McVie says, it's too late to send away for a computer training course.

I'll keep playing forever. That's how I really feel. I'm going to be an eighty-year-old rocker, and they'll have to take me out and shoot me to get me to stop.

(Mick Fleetwood first book epilogue).
Old 09-26-2023, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think everyone considers Time a FM album, and Stevie wasn’t on that. Also, I’ve never seen an interview where Stevie said Buck/Vie couldn’t have been a FM album, but I do recall that hilarious interview where Lindsey was asked why they didn’t just call it a FM album, because 4 members had recorded it, and he acted perplexed why the interviewer asked that question, and Lindsey’s publicist stepped in and told the interviewer the interview would end if he didn’t move on. The only people who said it WASN’T a FM album were Lindsey and Christine, unless you have a link saying otherwise.
Brett said it wasn’t an FM album but should have been.

Did you ever read Stevie’s comments on the album to RollingStone in 2017?
Old 09-26-2023, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Brett said it wasn’t an FM album but should have been.

Did you ever read Stevie’s comments on the album to RollingStone in 2017?
No I didn’t, but is it the comment everyone posts all the time here, something about “not understanding the point” or something like that? That to me doesn’t sound like someone saying it wasn’t a FM album. More like saying “what’s the point of making an album now, period, since albums don’t sell like they used to.”
Old 09-26-2023, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No I didn’t, but is it the comment everyone posts all the time here, something about “not understanding the point” or something like that? That to me doesn’t sound like someone saying it wasn’t a FM album. More like saying “what’s the point of making an album now, period, since albums don’t sell like they used to.”
RollingStone asked her in early 2017 why she wasn't on the upcoming album with Lindsey and Christine or might she still participate. Stevie said I've been on the road since September 2016 (she actually started rehearsal sometime in September 2016, tour started October 25) so I don't get their premise.

She was saying Mick, John, Christine, and Lindsey didn't want to wait till she was available to make an album with her. While in the same interview admitted what you thought she meant by. get their premise, saying she wasn't interested in making another album because there would be arguing and then it wouldn't sell a lot. So she favored going on tour and making lots of money.

So her comment about not getting their premise was her being a snake and not truthful. The public isn't involved like fans on The Ledge so they believed Lindsey didn't wait for Stevie to start a FM album.

The right answer would have been I won't be participating because I am focusing on a solo tour and as I said earlier, I am not committing to making more music with Fleetwood Mac. But she didn't want to look like she wasn't a team player.
Old 09-26-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
It was jealousy. Not in the sense that she wants to be or record with LB. She doesn't. It was frustration over the fact that they made her tour again in 2014. The price tag was UGE.

The fact that he and Christine actually published something and then toured to support it, made her look bad. She's not a band player, she's a diva. I also suspect she was dried up in the writing dept, so there's that too. I mean listen to tone deaf, Show Them The Way.

It makes zero sense for her to begrudge them moving along without her, but it's Chiffon. What can I say? And, what can SHE say? But, "I don't understand the premise..."
Old 09-26-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

The right answer would have been I won't be participating because I am focusing on a solo tour and as I said earlier, I am not committing to making more music with Fleetwood Mac. But she didn't want to look like she wasn't a team player.
That right there ^^^
Old 09-26-2023, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick has always called his band Fleetwood Mac no matter who was in it.
John is 50% owner of the Fleetwood Mac name and only missed the first six shows, all of 25 days, knowing it was his band for the taking whenever he was ready. Brunning said the band was upfront about him only being a temp until John joined. So, no, it’s not Fleetwood Mac without John.

Quote:
You discarded this thread's premise by saying Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey they may do something together but it wont be called Fleetwood Mac.
They already did something together, and it was credited to Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham, not Fleetwood Mac.

Why do you suppose that was? Fleetwood Mac (Time) was broken up by that point.

If Mick can simply use the name at his and only his discretion, why didn’t he?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-26-2023, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I mean listen to tone deaf, Show Them The Way.
The song is 3 years old, hasn't been played live, and she's been on the road since May 2022 - I don't get Stevie's premise.