User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2023, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think the saddest part(other than the 53 death count, so far) is all the FM memorabilia. Restaurants and their equipment are replaceable. The memorabilia is gone forever.
I agree. I went to the restaurant in 2014 just to see the beautiful memorabilia, not for the food (which was good, to be fair) or the wine (very very good red wine). However, yes, nothing compares with the now 55 lost lives.

If I'm not wrong, the building appears at 0:47. So sad a beatiful town just dissapeared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n60-Jy4NhYM
Old 08-11-2023, 08:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

I really feel for Mick. I am not sure Fleetwood's was a huge moneymaker, but it was definitely a labor of love. I only got to go once, but it was a really lovely place, and a stalwart on Front Street for sure. There are obviously much larger losses, including so many lives and homes, but my heart does go out to Mick.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did the restaurant showcase any Fleetwood Mac memorabilia? If so, hopefully the memorabilia was able to be saved.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Did the restaurant showcase any Fleetwood Mac memorabilia? If so, hopefully the memorabilia was able to be saved.
Lots of large, framed photos of the band over the years on the walls when I was there in early 2020. I'm sure those can be replaced if the photographers have the negatives. The shop downstairs had limited edition (and I think signed by the photog) prints of famous photos of the band/members of the band/ other rock stars. You ordered the ones you wanted and they made them up and shipped them to you. So the original photos and negatives should be with the photographers. It was Morrison Gallery I think. Mick's antique truck was in there also which of course can't be replaced. Otherwise there was a lot of somewhat generic/touristy things like tee shirts and mugs that weren't FM specific. Dunno if he kept any musical equipment or sound/light equipment for the shows he put on (either his band or the FM cover bands etc) in the restaurant. And of course, all the kitchen equipment and restaurant furniture and all is a big financial loss. Unclear to me if they own the building or lease it.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People didn't have time to save themselves, let alone some damned pictures.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And if Mick is THE owner, it wouldn't surprise me for that fool to not have his insurance paid up to date.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Incredible devastation. Anyone who was there is lucky to have escaped with their life!

https://nypost.com/2023/08/11/hawaii...ldfires-video/

Old 08-11-2023, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People didn't have time to save themselves, let alone some damned pictures.
Love this!!!!!
Perfect response!
Let the ribboned tambourines burn.
Old 08-11-2023, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love this!!!!!
Perfect response!
Let the ribboned tambourines burn.
Meh, I've burned her pictures before. Didn't do sh*t.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Incredible devastation. Anyone who was there is lucky to have escaped with their life!
One of my dearest childhood friends lives there. She sent me one text already, the day of the fire and evacuation. She assumed her house burned down but didn't really know yet. I know she was spending the night in her car with her husband and daughter.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

I saw some houses, stores, gas stations that look intact, surrounded by... just ashes. Probably the winds made those buildings lucky, but anyway it will impossible to live in a house where the town has just gone, dissapeared. Makes me remember some friends who lived in Miami areas where hurricane Andrew destroyed everything. It was a nightmare that lasted months.

I have some nice pictures of Mick's memorabilia, photos, at his restaurant. But I don't feel fine sharing them in this thread and right now. Probably in the future in another thread.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And if Mick is THE owner, it wouldn't surprise me for that fool to not have his insurance paid up to date.
dude.... Mick, be the sole owner of a business??

You know he partnered with experienced restaurant business people, and they slapped his famous name on the front. It'd have gone out of business by now otherwise.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
dude.... Mick, be the sole owner of a business??

You know he partnered with experienced restaurant business people, and they slapped his famous name on the front. It'd have gone out of business by now otherwise.
I know. He might have ONLY been licensing his name(there are a ton of "artists bars" in Nashville, and 98% of the time, this is the case), and getting paid for his appearances.
Old 08-13-2023, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://youtu.be/wtKSwWmHaaI Here is a video of Front Street before the fire. Fleetwood’s is on the left side about half way through the video. It looked like a layed back fun place to visit.
Old 08-13-2023, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://youtu.be/A_soqwxOgog Here is drone footage of the fire devastation. Mick’s restaurant is towards the end. The structure is still standing but I would think it would be condemned. You can tell it’s Fleetwood’s by the sign being intact.