Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are correct. But I thought Chris did a fantastic job on Hold Me during her solo tour. It sounded better than the Mac live in 1982. This live version from Kansas City is a horrible recording because the vocals are recorded terribly. I have the Jackson NJ concert professionally recorded on CD. Chris does Hold Me flawless and her backing band does the "Come on and......"
Try to imagine better sound on this recording and you will get the picture. I wish I could upload the professional recording I have but maybe someone else has it too. With 3 back up singers now I think the Mac can master this song live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jji_OEwTiwE
I saw the Hold Me at her solo show and it was much better than FMac's. Her MTV concert is no indication of how good her show was.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:44 PM
Ledgie

Is this song streaming anywhere that you don't have to sign up for? I know they did this with a couple of the Tusk Deluxe set tracks in advance of the release of the package. Are they doing it for this song?
Old 05-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw the Hold Me at her solo show and it was much better than FMac's. Her MTV concert is no indication of how good her show was.
I also saw the Christine McVie solo tour at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio, Texas on June 11, 1984. Chris and her band rocked the house! I agree, "Hold Me" sounded much better on her solo tour. I especially appreciated that she included Pre-Rumours era Mac songs in her set list. Her renditions of "Just Crazy Love" and "Spare Me A Little" were marvelous!

Still, I much prefer "Hold Me Like A Good Man Should" to the version that made "Mirage". I wish The Mac would play that arrangement live.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
That's the truth. The Country Club concert was performed months before her album was released and even more months before the tour started. I know she was using the concert as part of the video album but I wish there was a full concert of hers recorded from her actual tour. The Hold Me verison I have live on CD from NJ is out of this world. She also dedicates Songbird to Jackson NJ for the horrible tragedy that happened right before she performed there. Teenagers burned to death in a fun house accident inferno. That bootleg used to be all over Ebay and such. I wish someone would upload it to Youtube.
I saw a guy filming her Pittsburgh show with a pocket video recorder. Gosh I wonder where that guy is today and what happened to his footage.

I love that Got A Hold On Me followed Hold Me.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-15-2016 at 07:26 PM..
Old 05-15-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
That's the truth. The Country Club concert was performed months before her album was released and even more months before the tour started. I know she was using the concert as part of the video album but I wish there was a full concert of hers recorded from her actual tour. The Hold Me verison I have live on CD from NJ is out of this world. She also dedicates Songbird to Jackson NJ for the horrible tragedy that happened right before she performed there. Teenagers burned to death in a fun house accident inferno. That bootleg used to be all over Ebay and such. I wish someone would upload it to Youtube.
I saw a guy filming her Pittsburgh show with a pocket video recorder. Gosh I wonder where that guy is today and what happened to his footage.

That is a show I'll never forget. She smiled at me as she sat at her piano. I could have touched her leg. lol... I was 16 years old.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
That is a show I'll never forget. She smiled at me as she sat at her piano. I could have touched her leg. lol... I was 16 years old.
I was 14 and Eddy Quintela winked at me and my friends when we waved at him when he came out to play some additional keyboards late in the show. I wont forget it either
Old 05-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the early version of Hold Me. Nicely done. It goes on a minute too long, but I enjoy hearing some splashes of piano and drums on the extended take.

My only problem with it IS Stevie's contribution. She's all over the place and sings flat on the chorus. I get the sense she was just playing around, toying with an early version, knowing it wasn't anything the band would use. Too bad: if she'd controlled her voice and attempted to stay on point with it, the two women harmonizing would have been a real selling point!

I feel similar about Stevie's harmonies on the early version of Think About Me. Though she's more in control there, I sense she's kind of holding back, not fully singing or attempting to harmonize, just killing time behind the mic, feeling out the tune in its early stages.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm green with envy that you attended that performance. Thanks for the micro review. I now want the bootleg!
Old 05-15-2016, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
When they played it live in 1982, they should have rearranged the chorus to just have two hold me's. "Hold me.... hold meeeeeee" instead of "hold me.... hold me - yeah".
The YEAH was the performance highlite for me when I saw them twice in 1982. After being surprised with it the first time, the second was even more precious.