User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In the mid-80's she had a Jeep and that is also supposedly the last vehicle she drove for awhile and her license expired. They auctioned it on the Nicks Fix around 1999?
It was a pink jeep too. Who is "they" that auctioned it off? Herbert Worthington asked me if I wanted to buy it or if I knew anyone who did.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick on Top Gear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W5FcR26dHg
Old 08-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, this was such an interesting read! The following link is the story of how someone acquired Stevie's Jeep. I've never seen a photo of it and it also says how she had a black Jaguar. I didn't know that.

Anyway, here's the link: http://rockalittle.com/steviesjeep.htm
Old 08-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeline View Post
I'm pretty sure Lindsey choked Stevie on that car. Can you imagine if Lindsey tried to do that to Christine, she would have punched his lights out. Stevie doesn't have that kind of guts.
Stevie had said she jumped up and choked him inside the house, then he chased her and they both ran outside, so I don't think she was lacking in guts.

Michele
Old 08-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Wait, what???

I'd have loved to have seen that one. If she didn't kick his ass (and, to be sure, I'd bet everything on Christine), John would have killed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Was this Stevie being attacked rather than Chris or is this a whole different story?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeline View Post
I'm pretty sure Lindsey choked Stevie on that car. Can you imagine if Lindsey tried to do that to Christine, she would have punched his lights out. Stevie doesn't have that kind of guts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Allegedly, Lindsey choked Stevie on the hood of that car. Christine would never allow him to do that to her. If anything it'd have been the other way round.

One other thing about cars: in 1974, Christine drove a Datsun! Mick says this is what he drove to Sound City where he first heard Frozen Love.

A Jaguar is a far cry from a Datsun. Ah, money. Ah success.
Yes, I typed 'her' instead of 'Stevie.'
Old 08-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is apparently 'the blonde in blue T-Bird' driving the car in Walter Egan's video. It's hard to make out her face:

Maybe she's actually driving her own car.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
Stevie is apparently 'the blonde in blue T-Bird' driving the car in Walter Egan's video. It's hard to make out her face:

Maybe she's actually driving her own car.
It does look a bit like her but it's never been mentioned by her, well I don't think so anyway.

If anyone knows anymore about Stevie's Porsche or has any photos then please post because I'm very interested. Any photos would be great!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Wow, this was such an interesting read! The following link is the story of how someone acquired Stevie's Jeep. I've never seen a photo of it and it also says how she had a black Jaguar. I didn't know that.

Anyway, here's the link: http://rockalittle.com/steviesjeep.htm
Yep...this was the Jeep auction from Nicksfix many years ago. I don't have a link to the Porsche but there is a Stevie interview where she states the moment she saw Risky Business and the red Porsche she made a few call and that kind of Porsche was in her driveway by the end of the day. There is one episode of the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous that did not feature Stevie but someone on her block. They showed the outside of her house and commented on the red Porsche in the driveway. This must have been about 1984 or 1985.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is what Walter Egan said about that video in his Q & A:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...eregan_qa1.htm

I have music video for "Only the Lucky", "When I Get My Wheels", "Tunnel o' Love", " Magnet", "I Want It", "Blonde in the Blue T Bird" ( and yes, it features Stevie as the blonde in question , now that was an interesting shoot, with her driving down Hollywood Blvd. sideswiping cars because she wanted to drive without her glasses.) "You're the One", "Hi-Fi Love", "Like You Do" (these last 3 shot by Chuck Staedtler, famous for the Devo videos) and, of course, "Fool Moon Fire" featuring my beautiful wife, Tammy, without whose talented fingers I couldn't be answering all of these questions.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Here is a link about the Risky Business Porsche

http://www.fast-rewind.com/trivia_riskybis.htm
Old 08-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Monterey County Now [article about photographer had stuff about Mick's love affair with cars]

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/...325a59a7c.html

Gearhead Nation - Photographer Michael Alan Ross shoots and scores with compelling photos of rockstars and their cars.

Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:00 am by Mary Duan

Word came to Michael Alan Ross, as it often does, from a famous musician’s management team. You can have a few hours with Mick Fleetwood, they told him, and you can have it on this particular afternoon.

On the appointed day, Ross threw his cameras, gear and some clothes into a bag and hopped a flight to Maui. He intended to photograph Fleetwood in his natural habitat – at and around his home on the windward side of the Hawaiian Island, with the Fleetwood Mac founder and drummer cruising in his vintage Austin 7, for the book Ross was working on titled Rockin’’ Garages: Collecting, Racing & Riding with Rock’s Great Gearheads. Fleetwood had the Austin since the 1970s and he loved the car the most of any he’d ever owned, even more than the Jags, Ferraris and Porsches.

Fleetwood was a teen when he found the British Racing Green jalopy parked on a street in London; he was so entranced by it then, he left the owner a note saying he wanted to buy it if it was ever for sale. A few years later, when Fleetwood Mac had taken off and Fleetwood was making some real money, the call came that the owner was moving and needed to let the car go.

“The car gene exists in musicians and that’s why we’re susceptible,” Fleetwood writes in the book. “Think of the poetry and the romance of hearing about driving through Italy with your lover. I identified with that notion even when I had no money at all. I would go through hell; I would starve myself to make sure that my car that was burning oil would have oil in it… it was like having a dysfunctional lover.”

So with the clock running, Ross flew to Hawaii for the shoot. When you fly anywhere for a shoot, you’re at the mercy of a few things: the plane departing and landing on time; your bags arriving along with you, for example.

And if you’re shooting outdoors, you’re also at the mercy of the weather.

“I landed and the sky is black and I had this one opportunity, that afternoon, when Mick was going to be available,” Ross says. “I got to his house, punched in the gate code and the sky opens up. It’s a deluge. He literally looked at me and said, ‘You’ve come a long way for this,’ and then he looked at his assistant and said, ‘What do we really have tomorrow?’”

Fleetwood rearranged his schedule, put Ross up overnight and spent the next day with being photographed with the car he calls a part of his family.

That’s the way it often goes, Ross says, and that’s the joy he’s found in working with intensely creative people, like Fleetwood, Arlo Guthrie, Billy Joel, Jimmy Vaughan and Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford. (He’s also worked with famous instrument makers like Jol Dantzig and Wayne Henderson, whose work was featured in the book Clapton’s Guitar, about legend Eric Clapton’s 10-year quest to acquire a handmade Henderson work of art.)

Despite the time limits the management team might try to foist on a shoot, the artists featured in Rockin’ Garages understood the creative process and gave themselves over to it.

“Creative artists understood the passion and know how to do this stuff,” Ross says. “And people bent over backwards, they were so cool. To have a cheeseburger with Arlo Guthrie, that’s pretty surreal.”

Ross is a former actor, musician and professional model represented by the prestigious Ford agency (“I was the face of Coke and American Express in the 1970s,” he says). He shows selections of his work during Car Week at the Winfield Gallery on Dolores Street in Carmel and in a show at the Weekly’s Press Club on Fremont and Williams in Seaside.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did they drive station wagons and vans and Winnebago's back when they were first touring years ago.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-14-2015, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was watching the Going Home documentary on Youtube last night, and noticed somebody at Benifold had an Aston Martin DB5. I really wonder whose it was- that's one of the most beautiful, classic, vehicles of all time. My mind immediately went to John, since he drove an Aston Martin in the Destiny Rules documentary.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 08-14-2015 at 07:22 AM..
Old 08-14-2015, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking last night.As I know of .None of Mac has a warehouse size garage full of cars like Jay Leno has.

Does any of the Mac ride a motorcycle?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I was watching the Going Home documentary on Youtube last night, and noticed somebody at Benifold had an Aston Martin DB5. I really wonder whose it was- that's one of the most beautiful, classic, vehicles of all time. My mind immediately went to John, since he drove an Aston Martin in the Destiny Rules documentary.
Thats a nice car.