Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What cars did/do they drive?

This may be a bit strange but I'm obsessed with cars and was wondering if anyone knew anymore about what cars they have owned or do own.

The following is all I know:

• Mick is car mad and currently has a Porsche 911 Turbo and an Austin 7. He used to own a Ferrari and in the Destiny Rules DVD he was driving a BMW 7 series. (He probably has more but that's all I know).

• John had an Aston Martin DB7 Volante in the Destiny Rules DVD which judging from what they say to him appeared to be new at the time. That's all I know for him.....

• Christine had a Range Rover sometime between 1998 up to present as she mentioned it in interviews. That's all I know for her....

• Lindsey had a Mercedes S class in the Destiny Rules DVD but that's all I know for him....

• Stevie bought a Mercedes 280 SL around the time of Rumours which she mentioned at some event promoting the IYD documentary and I don't know if the whole story about buying a Porsche 928 exactly like the one in Risky Business and having it delivered the next day is true but I hope it is. And that's all I know for Stevie and she no longer drives.

So, that's what I know but I'm sure they must have had some fancy cars and maybe still do, I don't know but I sure am interested!
Old 08-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There was an article in the last couple of years with Mick where he was tearing around Maui in some sort of very high end tuner BMW 7 series.

In Ken's book Lindsey drove a BMW 3 series during the Rumours era. Ken himself drove an Audi at that time.

During the Tango era, Christine owned a Jaguar... which Lindsey choked her on the hood of.

According to Carol Ann Harris book, Lindsey had a Porsche 911 convertible during that same time... or was it rented to try to woo her back?
Old 08-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
During the Tango era, Christine owned a Jaguar... which Lindsey choked her on the hood of.
Wait, what???

I'd have loved to have seen that one. If she didn't kick his ass (and, to be sure, I'd bet everything on Christine), John would have killed him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is some info on Mick. I think it was in his book he mentioned he bought the used gold Cadillac for $1000 and John bought a white one.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/exp...ring-nostalgia
Old 08-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Ledgie

I don't know how or where I got this from, but I read something somewhere (gosh the fan life, everything gets so mixed up!) that Chris had bought a Rolls Royce at some point, I think when they all became rich. She kept the Rolls for a while but decided it was too much so she "changed it in for a Jeep"
Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalline_ View Post
I don't know how or where I got this from, but I read something somewhere (gosh the fan life, everything gets so mixed up!) that Chris had bought a Rolls Royce at some point, I think when they all became rich. She kept the Rolls for a while but decided it was too much so she "changed it in for a Jeep"
This sounds familiar to me too. There are also stories about Dennis Wilson crashing her Rolls Royce.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
This sounds familiar to me too. There are also stories about Dennis Wilson crashing her Rolls Royce.
I think I read that somewhere too. May have been something I skimmed over in the blue letter archives, but I read so many at once, I forget the year.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I distinctly recall that Christine had a Datsun (now Nissan for you young folk) at some point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-10-2015, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's first three cars were a London taxi cab, then a Jaguar XJ-120 then a Citroen 2CV.
He then got Lettuce Leaf which he's now had for 48 years.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was this Stevie being attacked rather than Chris or is this a whole different story?
Old 08-10-2015, 04:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm pretty sure Lindsey choked Stevie on that car. Can you imagine if Lindsey tried to do that to Christine, she would have punched his lights out. Stevie doesn't have that kind of guts.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

In the early 1980's Stevie had a red Porsche that was inspired by Risky Business (movie). She said that in an interview somewhere and also her house was a quick mention on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and that red Porsche was in the driveway.
In the mid-80's she had a Jeep and that is also supposedly the last vehicle she drove for awhile and her license expired. They auctioned it on the Nicks Fix around 1999?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Allegedly, Lindsey choked Stevie on the hood of that car. Christine would never allow him to do that to her. If anything it'd have been the other way round.

One other thing about cars: in 1974, Christine drove a Datsun! Mick says this is what he drove to Sound City where he first heard Frozen Love.

A Jaguar is a far cry from a Datsun. Ah, money. Ah success.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Here is some info on Mick. I think it was in his book he mentioned he bought the used gold Cadillac for $1000 and John bought a white one.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/exp...ring-nostalgia
Were these the cars Stevie remembers the band driving up in when they first met at that Mexican restaurant?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Were these the cars Stevie remembers the band driving up in when they first met at that Mexican restaurant?
Could very well be, as Stevie mentioned two white Cadillacs but that could be memory blur.

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecor...ike-goddessses

Nicks: So we did. And we're standing out in front of this Mexican restaurant, right, in Los Angeles. And these two big white Cadillacs come like, glunk, glunk, and Lindsey and I are just like [pauses]. And they all, you know, all these people get out. 'Cause they have like friends, you know. So the three main characters get out and Mick is like a 130 pounds and 6' 9", you know. And Christine is very pretty and very English. And John [McVie]'s very, very handsome. And he's in like shorts, which is what he wore for 25 years, and tennies and a white hat and a little vest. And we go in and we have dinner. And we have a lot of fun. And we laugh and we talk about music.