The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's amusing how Lindsey wore those tight leather pants and thought, "Some day I will have jeggings."

Michele
Old 01-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

My concert tickets. I've saved them all
Old 01-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Ledgie

My wife laminated my ticket for the 2013 tour. I'll probably get her to do the same with this year's one too.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
I have most of my tix.I shared some on Jan's FM Legacy site in the tix stub section years ago.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's lovely.

Michele
Thanks! I've been thinking of selling it actually. I have the padded envelope that it came from Fleetwood Mac's management company somewhere and the letter that said "Congrats! You won!"
Old 01-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's amusing how Lindsey turned it upside down to sign above his head, while John did not.

i don't collect stuff and don't care for signatures. but i don't mind having some picks:
what's the "T.I." stand for??
Old 01-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really only collect the music. The books and autographs and posters aren't important to me, but the music is - so I guess I'd say the most prized item in my Fleetwood Mac collection is the whole collection. I did have a sealed copy of Mirage on vinyl, but I finally opened it last summer.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saves and cherishes ticket stubs! I'm still forever upset that the friend who accompanied me to my first ever Mac show in 2013 ended up holding both our tickets and kept promising to get mine to me then eventually claimed he threw them out. That was my first Mac show! I have this great shot I got of Stevie at the show, blown up 12x12 in a shadow box and had planned to put my ticket in there. On the other hand I went to the Detroit show in 2014 with an aunt and uncle and I believe I have all three tickets. I save stubs from everything though. Used to scrapbook so I think it makes me a bit of a hoarder.

As for my collection, well don't have much. Have one of the 24KG lithos. Think I'm also framing Stevie's Rolling Stone cover from this week's isse because I adore the photo (anyone know where I can get some gloves like those?!)

I'm a vinyl geek and my ultimate goal is to have every single album and 45 single by all generations and the band and everyone's solo albums (we're talking Bob Welch, Jeremy Spencer solo albums etc in addition to the obviousStevie, Lindsey, Christine and that random Mick Africa album- have an unopened version of that one lol). It's a full fledged hobby. I have a unopened Japanese import of one of Stevie's solo albums, think it's Bella Donna but uh my general record collection is so large right now and spread out in different boxes, I need to take inventory. Lol. That was a really cool find though. Have an unopened US edition of Rock a Little on vinyl too. I buy doubles in those cases so preserve the unopened ones but mostly I like to play vinyl so i geta second copy to play. Given my screenname I treasure my Go Your Own Way/ Silver Springs 45s (have at least two and a GYOW or two with whatever the alternate B side was). Also have two copies of Buckingham Nicks and I'm super protective of them. Took me awhile to win a bid on eBay then at the same shop I found the Japense import Stevie solo album, they had B/N for less than I paid online, in just as good or better (near mint really) condition. So I had to buy that second copy. Apologies to any Detroit area fans still trying to score it though. Lol.

Said record shop that had BN and the Japanese import also had two bootleg cds from Rumours and Tusk of studio stuff and demos. Maybe it was questionable to pay for them but they're for the most part not the extras that have been released on extended remasters, not even sure though of their origins. If anyone is ever interested I could tell you what I've got but I assume most of the bootleg fans here likely have all those tracks and a zillion more. (And at least a couple of the Tusk ones are on the Tusk extended cd) I do love those two CDs though, love the purity and rawness of demos.

I think that's about it beyond the usual vinyl. Pretty sure I had either a TISL or SYW (or both) cardboard ad thingy like they used to put up in all the record shops but it was years ago in my teen bedroom (used to always ask to have them from the music shops and one shop used to sell extras for a quarter) but those all disappeared some time ago.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

During the pre holiday shopping time I was at Barnes and Noble and buying Mick's second memoir and I'm weird about my books anyway, never want to crease them and such and the way they were on display had damaged most on the table so I made this big silly deal about letting me carry the book out seperate from the rest of my purchase and what a Big Mac dork I am. Awesome guy at the check out starts speaking to me in Mac lyrics and goes and tells me he has a poster from's think a 76 Rolling Stone of the band and how they sell pretty high on eBay and I'm basically drooling, regret not trying to buy it off him especially since he said he was much more of a Zeppelin fan but loved 70s Rock in general (and was amused at mid-20s me saying I thought that was the best era of music by far). Sounds like this guy has just been holding onto all sorts of rock memorabilia for decades.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's amusing how Lindsey turned it upside down to sign above his head, while John did not.

i don't collect stuff and don't care for signatures. but i don't mind having some picks:
That's the pick that I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, the most cherished item I have is something anyone can get:the complete Blue Horizon recordings boxed set on cd.

I have a few photographs, some rare songbooks from the early 70s, a few tour t-shirts. Not much. But I'd give them all away to keep that box set.

My second most cherished item is also something anyone can get: the MP3 of the 1974 live version of Loved Another Woman. Everyone sounds incredible on it.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have A LOT of stuff. My little home office is just a FM shrine. But, I love looking at the ticket stubs and remembering some of the things that happened in various places. How many zillions of times I had to hit ticketmaster before I scored those tickets, etc.
I like looking at this printed out copy of an old website I made (long since dead), where I posted reviews of my early TISL/SYW experiences in long, drawn out details that were, to me, hysterically funny in retrospect. And I have great pictures taken by friends (mine always came out fuzzy). And, mostly, memories of meeting both Stevie and Lindsey and having them be even nicer than I ever thought they'd be. That was pretty special. Not tangible but important.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I have A LOT of stuff. My little home office is just a FM shrine. But, I love looking at the ticket stubs and remembering some of the things that happened in various places. How many zillions of times I had to hit ticketmaster before I scored those tickets, etc.
I like looking at this printed out copy of an old website I made (long since dead), where I posted reviews of my early TISL/SYW experiences in long, drawn out details that were, to me, hysterically funny in retrospect. And I have great pictures taken by friends (mine always came out fuzzy). And, mostly, memories of meeting both Stevie and Lindsey and having them be even nicer than I ever thought they'd be. That was pretty special. Not tangible but important.
That's very cool. Where did you meet Stevie and Lindsey?
Old 05-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I still have my original vinyl copy of Rumours that I bought way back in September of '77. Definitly my most prized Fleetwood Mac posseion.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:23 AM

I have a personalized autographed photo that Christine McVie mailed me back in 1985 ish. I wrote her a letter and her assistant responded.