User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenground View Post

they've always seemed fond of each other...

What?

Elle's pictures are contributing to the madness of this forum.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Well, at one point she definitely had a crush on him, and recently admitted that 'Over My Head' was a tribute "to the gorgeousness that was Lindsey". I don't know how long that crush lasted, but they've always seemed fond of each other, and she's the only person who Lindsey took seriously on a musical level. "Had I gone there I probably would have been over my head" lol love her.
Evidence seems to point in certain directions. I loved that he jumped in her limo and drove around with her on, The Dance.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
What?

Elle's pictures are contributing to the madness of this forum.
Lol I didn't mean to insinuate anything deeper than just the simple fact that back in the day, they seemed to get along (on a musical level anyway) For the most part she seems to be the only one who Lindsey took seriously as an artist. In his words "Christine and I have a common foundation, we have a very similar musical and melodic sense in many ways so that we could jam and it would just spark off. She would play around me and I would play around her"
Old 03-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Evidence seems to point in certain directions. I loved that he jumped in her limo and drove around with her on, The Dance.
I didn't know that! He probably tried harassing her into staying with the band
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
I didn't know that! He probably tried harassing her into staying with the band
Christine has said that he did
Old 03-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Christine has said that he did
That's very interesting, because Lindsey said just the opposite.

Here's his quote:

GWA So the pieces were fitting back together again - but evidently Christine wasn't part of the equation anymore. What happened?

BUCKINGHAM When we were touring behind The Dance album, you could see that Christine wasn't very happy on the road, When it got to the point were making a decision about doing more dates - going to other places in the World and then maybe coming back and doing more stuff in the States - she really just pulled the plug. She didn't want to do it, And I have to say, I was maybe the one person who wasn't giving her a hard time about that, because in some ways I was ambivalent about being up there too, for different reasons. I had once again put something of mine on the shelf and been sucked back into the black hole of Fleetwood Mac. At some point, for my own desires, I wanted to get back to the body of work that is now the new Fleetwood Mac album, but at the time appeared to be a solo album. I didn't want that to languish forever. So I understood her need to do what she wanted to do, even though she was being pressured to continue. In some ways, I probably helped enable her to make that decision, which didn't exactly make me very popular at that time. But she just had to pull out; the same way I had to in '87. There was a kinship between us in terms of having to make a decision for your own survival. With the band coming back without her, you could say, "Oh, there's a large piece missing" and in some ways there is. But it also opened up new possibilities for setting an overall tone for the album.
I think it allowed us to make, certainly, a much ballsier album, and allowed Stevie and myself to at least begin rediscovering our dynamic as a two-part vocal group. Now, I don't think that's so well represented on the new album, because a lot of the stuff that's mine was already set, and a lot of her songs were already written along certain lines as well. When we do this again - and I hope we do, in a year or so - and we write songs from the ground up, I hope we do them as two-part harmony songs. So, really, there's been a whole realm that's opened up by virtue of Christine not being here.

Last edited by Deeshere; 03-22-2014 at 12:22 PM..
Old 03-22-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
That's very interesting, because Lindsey said just the opposite.

Here's his quote:

GWA So the pieces were fitting back together again - but evidently Christine wasn't part of the equation anymore. What happened?

BUCKINGHAM When we were touring behind The Dance album, you could see that Christine wasn't very happy on the road, When it got to the point were making a decision about doing more dates - going to other places in the World and then maybe coming back and doing more stuff in the States - she really just pulled the plug. She didn't want to do it, And I have to say, I was maybe the one person who wasn't giving her a hard time about that, because in some ways I was ambivalent about being up there too, for different reasons. I had once again put something of mine on the shelf and been sucked back into the black hole of Fleetwood Mac. At some point, for my own desires, I wanted to get back to the body of work that is now the new Fleetwood Mac album, but at the time appeared to be a solo album. I didn't want that to languish forever. So I understood her need to do what she wanted to do, even though she was being pressured to continue. In some ways, I probably helped enable her to make that decision, which didn't exactly make me very popular at that time. But she just had to pull out; the same way I had to in '87. There was a kinship between us in terms of having to make a decision for your own survival. With the band coming back without her, you could say, "Oh, there's a large piece missing" and in some ways there is. But it also opened up new possibilities for setting an overall tone for the album.
I think it allowed us to make, certainly, a much ballsier album, and allowed Stevie and myself to at least begin rediscovering our dynamic as a two-part vocal group. Now, I don't think that's so well represented on the new album, because a lot of the stuff that's mine was already set, and a lot of her songs were already written along certain lines as well. When we do this again - and I hope we do, in a year or so - and we write songs from the ground up, I hope we do them as two-part harmony songs. So, really, there's been a whole realm that's opened up by virtue of Christine not being here.
Christine stated that he wanted her to do Europe and Australia after the US 40 date tour.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine stated that he wanted her to do Europe and Australia after the US 40 date tour.
I'm don't doubt that he did or that she said that. I tend to believe what Christine says. I was just pointing out the he said/she said dynamics in the band that is always there.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I accidentally posted this in the ken's book thread. I apologize to anyone who a reads it over there too.

Anyone else read whatever articles that said Lindsey was being a bitch about Christine coming back he said "she can't just come and go" or something like that. He quit the band on pretty bad terms back in 87-88 and he was welcomed back ten years later and he's going to be the butt hurt one about Christine coming back. Or maybe it has something to do with Christine retiring not long after Lindsey came back, but they did do the dance tour before Christine left.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm don't doubt that he did or that she said that. I tend to believe what Christine says. I was just pointing out the he said/she said dynamics in the band that is always there.
I don't think their versions are mutually exclusive. I mean, Lindsey's position might not have been static, but evolving instead.

I also think that they all thought if they just gave her a little time off, let her breathe, that she would change her mind and come back. And she did. It just took a few more years than they believed it would.

But I could see Lindsey trying to convince her to stay, then seeing that it might backfire if he pushed too hard and supporting her "survival move" and then when she didn't return after all, he was upset.

Michele
Old 03-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I totally believe they go back and forth. Thanks for posting, I had not seen that quote before.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I accidentally posted this in the ken's book thread. I apologize to anyone who a reads it over there too.

Anyone else read whatever articles that said Lindsey was being a bitch about Christine coming back he said "she can't just come and go" or something like that. He quit the band on pretty bad terms back in 87-88 and he was welcomed back ten years later and he's going to be the butt hurt one about Christine coming back. Or maybe it has something to do with Christine retiring not long after Lindsey came back, but they did do the dance tour before Christine left.
There was a pretty long thread about this subject a few months ago, you might want to look at.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52693
Old 03-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was a pretty long thread about this subject a few months ago, you might want to look at.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52693
of course, then towards the end of the year Christine's and Lindsey's new radio interviews came out, and completely reversed all the speculations stemming from that article. apparently they are both more than happy to be working together again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think their versions are mutually exclusive. I mean, Lindsey's position might not have been static, but evolving instead.

I also think that they all thought if they just gave her a little time off, let her breathe, that she would change her mind and come back. And she did. It just took a few more years than they believed it would.

But I could see Lindsey trying to convince her to stay, then seeing that it might backfire if he pushed too hard and supporting her "survival move" and then when she didn't return after all, he was upset.

Michele
Not sure if I agree it evolved...I know Lindsey comments regarding Christine in the past were a little sharp, but that's the way he talks. Depending on his mood at the time he's being interviewed he can be very blunt and not pull any punches or be very philosophical and sweet. It's just the way he is, it's the way he's always been.

I know a lot of fan think Lindsey was or is mad at Christine because she left the band in 97 but I don't see it that way.

I agree that the band members thought if they let Christine go she would eventually come back and I think that's one of the reasons it took so long for them to get back in the studio to record SYW, but all in all I don't think Lindsey was THAT upset. He had his own personal issues to deal with at the time. He was with Kristen and had just found out she was pregnant, He had his own solo work that was just sitting in the studio collecting dust, and if Stevie's lyrics in "Thrown Down" are to believed..."He fell for her again, she watched it happen" So I feel like he had enough stuff keeping him busy behind the scenes, without having to add the worry of if Christine was leaving the band or not.

I don't think he wanted the band to splinter again, so soon after they had reconnected in 97, and I think he probably DID want the band to tour Europe so he could make more money (raising a kid isn't cheap) but all in all I don't think he would have been that mad at Christine for leaving or even stayed mad at her for any length of time. Especially, when he did the exact same thing in 87.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
of course, then towards the end of the year Christine's and Lindsey's new radio interviews came out, and completely reversed all the speculations stemming from that article. apparently they are both more than happy to be working together again.
Of course they are . Lindsey just didn't want Christine coming and going and stealing all his thunder. Now that he knows she's going to be a permanent fixture in the band he's more than happy to work with her again because they are very creative together..