User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I tend to believe something if one side says something and the other side doesn't refute the story or offer another story.
Story as in fiction? That's all I get from your posts.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was this Elle's account of her conversation or was it an online report? I'm sure you can understand that I can't take Elle's word for any conversation just as you won't take my word about my offline conversations. I'd like to see a Rick Turner post on Facebook or Twitter or somewhere like that.
It was literally just their entire exchange copied and pasted from a Facebook comment section.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Also, for about the past 15 years Lindsey's production team has consisted basically of Lindsey himself and in recent years occasionally Mitchell Froom/Mark Needham when the project has to be a little less weird.
And Lindsey is managed by Irving Azoff. You expect people to believe that you suddenly became chat buddies with Irv Azoff and his people? Lol.
Do you work in music management? Management teams have dozens of people on them. You can choose not to believe me. That's fine but it doesn't affect the truth of it.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The problem with the Rick Turner chat is “That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.” While I certainly don’t question Rick’s integrity or the validity of the source, I question how much the source actually knows. Like, how many sides of the story did the source have?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you work in music management? Management teams have dozens of people on them. You can choose not to believe me. That's fine but it doesn't affect the truth of it.
Lindsey was dropped by his management.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I need more popcorn!
Old 05-27-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm aware. But considering that Lindsey's management is under the, according to Billboard, "most powerful man in the music industry" it's understandably pretty hard to believe that someone could all of a sudden 'meet' his people and get them to spill all their secrets. But if you insist!
And keep in mind there are other reliable people (who didn't just pop out of nowhere on a FM board) with reliable 'sources' like you (who claim their 'sources' to be far more realistic) who offer a contradictory story that they claim is 100% the truth as well.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I need more popcorn!
LOL. Same.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I need more popcorn!
Are you staying for this movie? I think we have watched it many, many times for the past two months...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm aware. But considering that Lindsey's management is under the, according to Billboard, "most powerful man in the music industry" it's understandably pretty hard to believe that someone could all of a sudden 'meet' his people and get them to spill all their secrets. But if you insist!
And keep in mind there are other reliable people (who didn't just pop out of nowhere on a FM board) with reliable 'sources' like you (who claim their 'sources' to be far more realistic) who offer a contradictory story that they claim is 100% the truth as well.
That's fine. I'm happy to look at the evidence from these sources. Again, my best guess is that Lindsey may feel that he was willing to participate in this tour but that this information wasn't fully communicated to the band. It may be that the band still thought that he was backing out and wasn't aware that he had changed his mind and was going to participate. If so, that's really sad.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The problem with the Rick Turner chat is “That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.” While I certainly don’t question Rick’s integrity or the validity of the source, I question how much the source actually knows. Like, how many sides of the story did the source have?
So Elle's source is that Rick Turner told her that someone told him that Lindsey was willing to tour. If so, that's third hand and unlikely to be valid.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's fine. I'm happy to look at the evidence from these sources. Again, my best guess is that Lindsey may feel that he was willing to participate in this tour but that this information wasn't fully communicated to the band. It may be that the band still thought that he was backing out and wasn't aware that he had changed his mind and was going to participate. If so, that's really sad.
Lol Lindsey is not that stupid. I'm sure he made his change in plans perfectly clear but they threw him out anyways because they thought it's easier to just bring in new guys than to have to plan around Lindsey's wishes. Especially since one of those guys possibly brings with him the devoted fan base of another huge band. And so Stevie Nicks can dance around her apartment every morning.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Elle's source is that Rick Turner told her that someone told him that Lindsey was willing to tour. If so, that's third hand and unlikely to be valid.
It's not third hand. It's Rick himself directly saying what he was told. Exactly the same thing as you claiming what you were told. Elle didn't say "Rick told me this" she literally just copied and pasted his comments directly. I even looked at the Facebook group myself when it got posted and saw them myself: Rick Turner himself saying this and that.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle posted the original conversation on Facebook. For some reason, she couldn’t get it to show up here, but it was a real conversation.

I don’t doubt the reliability/validity of Rick’s source. Rick is not the type who would comment about it if it wasn’t legitimate, especially if the source was at NAMM. That might very easily be a clue as to who he was talking to.

My concern is that it’s only one side of a story that is more complex than what that source understands.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I swear...if I thought he knew anything about how to get on the internet, I'd say this Mouse is Mick in disguise. Mick/Mouse - c'mon it's not too big of a stretch