User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I find it strange how tickets go on sale nationwide for entire tours now, instead of going on sale per venues and/or specific areas.

Me too. It kind of stinks because you don't have as much time to save for a show that's well over a year away.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I find it strange how tickets go on sale nationwide for entire tours now, instead of going on sale per venues and/or specific areas.
The scalpers/brokers love it.

Just another corrupt practice by the monopoly that is Ticketmaster/Live Nation...
Old 06-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
The scalpers/brokers love it.

Just another corrupt practice by the monopoly that is Ticketmaster/Live Nation...
True, it's disgusting but now at least with this tour and the lineup change it might just end up biting them in the a$$. Karma at last.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
True, it's disgusting but now at least with this tour and the lineup change it might just end up biting them in the a$$. Karma at last.

I think it's going to wind up biting a lot of people in the caboose!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
I expect(ed) them not to play Europe anymore this round, so I bought myself a ticket for MSG. Bought it in the pre-sale with a bit of FOMO. Will fly in from The Netherlands that week. It was on my bucket list to fly to the US to see a Sevie/Mac-concert, since she/they did not perform in Holland/Europe tour after tour after tour.

I became a fan in 1987/1988 after watching the Tango-concert on TV. To me FM ws with Billy and Rick. Only after I spent an evening at Lindsey's feet on front row in Antwerp 2009, I became a fan of his work and performance. Yes, I'll miss him, but I'll give the rest of the band a fair chance. And I feel sad about all the hate overhere ..
How do you mean the Mac didn’t perform in Netherlands tour after tour? I’ve seen them in Amsterdam in 2013 and they played 2 Ziggo Dome shows that year. They also played it in 2015.

Yes interactions with Lindsey are the only thing why it was worth paying Micks m&gs or those front tix. I even told Lindsey once how that was the only reason many of us were buying them. In Europe (like Amsterdam) where floor was GA nobody was buying micks m&gs. He will be unpleasantly surprised now when his m&gs are even more and don’t come w tix.

I read many many many places how Mick sided with Stevie vs Lindsey because Stevie in the band means arena shows. Well, even though it may turn out more-less ok for them in the end, does not seem that arena shows are what they can sell right now!

Buckvie didn’t sell out many of their shows since they couldn’t ride Fleetwood Mac brand and nobody knew their names. But even with FM brand name and with Nicks in the band, FM don’t seem to be able to sell arenas now without Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
How do you mean the Mac didn’t perform in Netherlands tour after tour? I’ve seen them in Amsterdam in 2013 and they played 2 Ziggo Dome shows that year. They also played it in 2015.

Yes interactions with Lindsey are the only thing why it was worth paying Micks m&gs or those front tix. I even told Lindsey once how that was the only reason many of us were buying them. In Europe (like Amsterdam) where floor was GA nobody was buying micks m&gs. He will be unpleasantly surprised now when his m&gs are even more and don’t come w tix.

I read many many many places how Mick sided with Stevie vs Lindsey because Stevie in the band means arena shows. Well, even though it may turn out more-less ok for them in the end, does not seem that arena shows are what they can sell right now!

Buckvie didn’t sell out many of their shows since they couldn’t ride Fleetwood Mac brand and nobody knew their names. But even with FM brand name and with Nicks in the band, FM don’t seem to be able to sell arenas now without Lindsey.
FM is about the band---all 5 of them and the chemistry they generate. LB is a force front and center. The guy doesn't take a break and if you are fortunate to be anywhere near that on the floor--it ignites something. And Stevie feeds on it, as does the rest of the band...that's what makes it such a great experience.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I think a lot of it is the ticket prices and lack of proper promotion (at least so far). The prices are the highest they've ever been for any of their tours which is just ridiculous. And aside from the CBS interview, they hardly done any press to let people know tickets are even on sale. Maybe they're avoiding press so people won't notice the elephant in the room or maybe they don't plan on doing it until much closer to the shows but I don't think that's the smartest tactic for them. If they want to start selling some more they need to make a price drop and then actually PROMOTE that. However I do agree the Lindsey situation probably has quite a bit to do with it. I was kinda surprised by all the negative backlash. I thought most people wouldn't even really care because they just want to hear hits and they can do that with or without him but there's been soooooo much negativity about it online. Even casual fans were like "wtf".
Old 06-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think a lot of it is the ticket prices and lack of proper promotion (at least so far). The prices are the highest they've ever been for any of their tours which is just ridiculous. And aside from the CBS interview, they hardly done any press to let people know tickets are even on sale. Maybe they're avoiding press so people won't notice the elephant in the room or maybe they don't plan on doing it until much closer to the shows but I don't think that's the smartest tactic for them. If they want to start selling some more they need to make a price drop and then actually PROMOTE that. However I do agree the Lindsey situation probably has quite a bit to do with it. I was kinda surprised by all the negative backlash. I thought most people wouldn't even really care because they just want to hear hits and they can do that with or without him but there's been soooooo much negativity about it online. Even casual fans were like "wtf".
They may not be doing the tv circuit yet, but it’s still quite a few months until the tour starts. However, they are doing more promotion in other sectors than I’ve ever witnessed from FM. Satellite radio & FM radio both have DJs & commercials hocking the tour on a frenzied level. Especially on Sirius XM, the chatter is constant. If this tour sells poorly, it’s not because people are unaware the band is touring.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because as they've gotten old, Lindsey BECAME the show. The only one still rocking out on stage. Old Goat's Her Name put on her Frankenbocks, and he was still OWNING the stage like he was 20.

The promoter I work with...I would call a casual fan, but he has taken his wife to the past couple tours. He's no Lindsey fanatic, but he says, "Lindsey IS the show, and now that he's out, I'm done. I'm not wasting my money on 'that'".

I agree.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Because as they've gotten old, Lindsey BECAME the show. The only one still rocking out on stage. Old Goat's Her Name put on her Frankenbocks, and he was still OWNING the stage like he was 20.

The promoter I work with...I would call a casual fan, but he has taken his wife to the past couple tours. He's no Lindsey fanatic, but he says, "Lindsey IS the show, and now that he's out, I'm done. I'm not wasting my money on 'that'".

I agree.
Oh yeah that's a definite. Just about every person I've seen that has seen them in concert recently has said basically the same thing. His energy really added so, so much to the shows, especially knowing that those were HIS songs. And he actually interacts with the crowd. He's the only one who does it, I don't understand why the other members don't. The shows will never be the same, no matter who they bring in.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yeah that's a definite. Just about every person I've seen that has seen them in concert recently has said basically the same thing. His energy really added so, so much to the shows, especially knowing that those were HIS songs. And he actually interacts with the crowd. He's the only one who does it, I don't understand why the other members don't. The shows will never be the same, no matter who they bring in.
It kind of worked, THIRTY FREAKING YEARS AGO, but their legacy has been sealed now. Trying to reinvent yourselves, a couple years before you're pushing up daisies? Good luck with that.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It kind of worked, THIRTY FREAKING YEARS AGO, but their legacy has been sealed now. Trying to reinvent yourselves, a couple years before you're pushing up daisies? Good luck with that.
Absolutely. They should've just decided to wrap it up when it became obvious things weren't going to work. To do it after MusiCares would've been a high note. Now they've just completely tarnished the legacy of the band in the eyes of many, many people.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely. They should've just decided to wrap it up when it became obvious things weren't going to work. To do it after MusiCares would've been a high note. Now they've just completely tarnished the legacy of the band in the eyes of many, many people.
Yep. And the world sees that now. Too bad they were too stupid to see that, before they f*cked it all up. Morons.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. And the world sees that now. Too bad they were too stupid to see that, before they f*cked it all up. Morons.
Complete IDIOTS. Instead of people talking about a legendary band, they are now talking about the tambourine witch firing LB.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Complete IDIOTS. Instead of people talking about a legendary band, they are now talking about the tambourine witch firing LB.
They gave her the reigns, and THIS is how it turned out. Her tombstone should read, "Here lies Stevie Nicks- she killed Fleetwood Mac".