User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
Actually he uses the Strat on "Tusk" not on GYOW. I think you misunderstood Ed Roman's site too...some of those guitars have been used by Lindsey, yes. But Rick Turner makes the Model 1's specifically for Lindsey and gives them to him. Lindsey doesn't have to "go thru" Ed Roman to get a Turner 1 or anything like that. I dont believe Lindsey plays the Turner on any of the tracks on Say You Will........except possibly "Say You Will" and "Peacekeeper."

Yeah, you're right. But I always knew where I would get my model 1. When the time is right, I'll go to London.

This is what I read on Ed Roman's site:

Rick's Company "Turner Guitars" produces the famous Turner model one guitar which Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham has been using as his only electric instrument for more than 20 years.

If anyone knows on what tracks of syw he didn't play a strat (or a tele ?), tell us folks

Last edited by Lindsey Jr.; 08-06-2005 at 12:38 PM..
Old 08-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr.
If anyone knows on what tracks of syw he didn't play a strat (or a tele ?), tell us folks
I think there's an old article from one of the guitar magazines -- five or six years ago -- that talks about four or five of the songs on Say You Will, including how they were recorded, &c.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He DESTROYED one ? OMG, talking 'bout getting caught up in something... that guitar sure went his own way Oh well, he doesn't have to pay for them LOL Thanks btw wondergirl!

That was the night i stood right under his mike. He did not Smash the guitar brutally but he got carried away and threw the model one like a bowlingball: to shove it over the stagefloor, but it got so much pace over the carpetlike underground that pieces were flying around. A cool moment at a cool concert with a VERY cool ISA and cool people in bars. A night to remember.

Old 08-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. But I always knew where I would get my model 1. When the time is right, I'll go to London.
You won't get one in London, unless you are planning on getting your hands on either mine or Seteca's..

Ian's company is based in Tunbridge Wells which is about an hour south west of London... But he will ship it to your door if you want one.. Remember, Model 1's are not an off the shelf product so the chances of him having one for you to try are very very remote, remember, he's a distributor not a dealer..

And yes LB uses Strats and Telecasters far more for studio work.. The Model 1 is not as delicate sounding as a Strat at lower volumes in my opinion..
Old 08-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
A cool moment at a cool concert with a VERY cool ISA and cool people in bars. A night to remember.

Ahh Gerald..... Yes what a cool night.... That was one big ass table in that bar in Kensington... I had a rather nice mojito in the company of some International Ledgies... We had at least the Netherlands, the UK, the States and New Zealand present if I remember correctly....
Old 08-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I think there's an old article from one of the guitar magazines -- five or six years ago -- that talks about four or five of the songs on Say You Will, including how they were recorded, &c.
Below are 3 articles. The first 2 from 2003 and the 3rd from 1993. I think one of the 2003 articles is what David was mentioning. Lots of discussion of Lindsey's approach to guitar sounds, etc.

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph..._v2&id=167&c=9

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph..._v2&id=168&c=9

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph..._v2&id=103&c=9
Old 08-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

One thing I find funny about Lindsey's guitar playing is that on Peacekeeper, he tunes the guitar UP a half-step and capoes it on the 2nd fret. I don't see why he just doesn't capo on the 3rd fret.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
You won't get one in London, unless you are planning on getting your hands on either mine or Seteca's..

Ian's company is based in Tunbridge Wells which is about an hour south west of London... But he will ship it to your door if you want one.. Remember, Model 1's are not an off the shelf product so the chances of him having one for you to try are very very remote, remember, he's a distributor not a dealer..

And yes LB uses Strats and Telecasters far more for studio work.. The Model 1 is not as delicate sounding as a Strat at lower volumes in my opinion..

Thanks, I must say that I really want one no matter what it takes, the strat I already have