User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Point being, don't take "limited' with a grain of salt. If you want it, buy it on release, or accept that you may not get one. Don't assume that 6 months later you're going to wander into Urban Outfitters and see it sitting there.
What Rabid Stevie fan would be THAT dumb to NOT buy the album right away!?!! haah. If they are already knocking down people to try and be the first time find out the track listing you would think they are ready to POUNCE on the preorders the MILLISECOND they start taking orders. I mean.. $30 is NOT that much money people. If you want it, get it when it comes out, Dont put it on your Christmas List and hope it is still around. I mean.. I might be. But why risk it?
Old 07-31-2014, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone please help me with this. I live in the UK, so the preorders for the CD and Vinyl versions are available on August 5th??
Old 07-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
What Rabid Stevie fan would be THAT dumb to NOT buy the album right away!?!! haah. If they are already knocking down people to try and be the first time find out the track listing you would think they are ready to POUNCE on the preorders the MILLISECOND they start taking orders. I mean.. $30 is NOT that much money people. If you want it, get it when it comes out, Dont put it on your Christmas List and hope it is still around. I mean.. I might be. But why risk it?
Agreed - There are too many albums I wish I had bought on vinyl when I had the chance. Like Regina Spektor's Begin To Hope or Dreams from The Whitest Boy Alive or Kasabian's Empire and My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade. That last one is $599 on Amazon.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
1000 copies is still exceptionally limited. The edition with the photos was the limited one, and it is no longer available.
I bought more than one so I am well aware of what the
"Limited Edition" consisted of...The point is WB advertised "only 500 copies available" which quickly became a lie when the 500 became 1,ooo leaving the people who thought they owned 1 of 500 feeling cheated...
Old 07-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Can someone please help me with this. I live in the UK, so the preorders for the CD and Vinyl versions are available on August 5th??

According to the tweet preorders will start August 5th and the Instagram will start previewing the album on August 4th...If you will have that available in the UK who knows...
Old 07-31-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I bought more than one so I am well aware of what the
"Limited Edition" consisted of...The point is WB advertised "only 500 copies available" which quickly became a lie when the 500 became 1,ooo leaving the people who thought they owned 1 of 500 feeling cheated...
Cheated? Really? You wanna know who feels cheated? Probably the people who didn't get one.

Sorry, first world problems.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-31-2014, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are dozens of hugely successful albums that are not even 10 years old that are no longer in print.
Sad but true. I have a "want list" of extremely rare vinyl that was released just in the last 5 years...and from mostly mainstream artists, to boot!

Quote:
Stevie Nicks is not mainstream any longer, and I very much doubt that there will be unsold copies of 24 Karat sitting around in record stores a year after release.
Agreed. I don't see any unsold copies of "Crystal Visions" lying around. If there are any available, prepare to PAY A LOT of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'd have to think 7,500 pressings of 24K on vinyl would be a big mistake. I'm thinking the vinyl run will be much smaller than that- perhaps 500-1000 copies.
I could see 1000 up to 5000, but vinyl is back in a big way. I'm sure Warners knows that that fact and knows that there are more than 500 vinyl aficionados/Stevie fans out there who WILL snatch this up. I can't see them pressing anything lower than 1000. If this first limited run sells out quickly, they'll most likely do another pressing. Sell, sell, sell...

Quote:
Point being, don't take "limited' with a grain of salt. If you want it, buy it on release, or accept that you may not get one. Don't assume that 6 months later you're going to wander into Urban Outfitters and see it sitting there.
Preach! I've made that mistake one time too many. Never again!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Registered

For Anyone Who Needs This Information, Here it is (it came straight from http://stevienicks2014.blogspot.com which is my blog.

Release Dates for '24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault'
Pre-Orders Begin August 5th, 2014

Australia & New Zealand & The Netherlands & France
October 3rd - Standard and Deluxe Edition CD

UK & EUROPE
October 6th - Standard and Deluxe Edition CD

USA & Canada
September 29th - Double Vinyl
October 7th - Standard and Deluxe Edition CD

Last edited by welcomechris; 07-31-2014 at 12:28 PM..
Old 07-31-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

What we know about the album

1. Release Dates

2. Album Producers: Stevie Nicks, Dave Stewart, and Waddy Wachtel

3. Album Enginner: Ted Jensen

4. Here are the Original Demos of Songs That Will Be on"24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault"

5. All of the Posts/Pictures from the recording of "24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault"

6. All of the released snippets and their release dates

7. The album will be released under Warner Brothers Records

8. All News Articles Providing New Information

9. The album was recorded in Blackbird Studios in Nashville and in Los Angeles.

10. For more information and updates visit http://stevienicks2014.blogspot.com
Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't we hear that IYD sold about 500,000 worldwide, with 200,000 of that in the US?
Old 07-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I could see 1000 up to 5000, but vinyl is back in a big way. I'm sure Warners knows that that fact and knows that there are more than 500 vinyl aficionados/Stevie fans out there who WILL snatch this up. I can't see them pressing anything lower than 1000. If this first limited run sells out quickly, they'll most likely do another pressing. Sell, sell, sell...
I'm thinking at least 5000 and maybe as many as 7,500. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part. 1000 copies hardly seems worth it for a major label like Warner..

It would make sense to reissue In Your Dreams on vinyl at the same time, just to have the sales impact of displaying them side by side at stores.

I hope that this pressing is treated well...I find plain white paper sleeves almost insulting when I open a vinyl record.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Didn't we hear that IYD sold about 500,000 worldwide, with 200,000 of that in the US?
Yes, because it has. It's on Wikipedia and when there was a write up on Stevie's new album back in May, it stated that according to Nielsen Soundscan the album had sold 199,000 copies. And that was three months ago, so it's probably sold about 205,000 copies by now.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
For Anyone Who Needs This Information, Here it is (it came straight from http://stevienicks2014.blogspot.com which is my blog.

Release Dates for '24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault'
Pre-Orders Begin August 5th, 2014

Australia & New Zealand & The Netherlands & France
October 3rd - Standard and Deluxe Edition CD

UK & EUROPE
October 6th - Standard and Deluxe Edition CD

USA & Canada
September 29th - Double Vinyl
October 7th - Standard and Deluxe Edition CD

so Aussies can't get double vinyl ... eff that ...
thank the internet gods for the internet
Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

We don't know for sure that "Space Needle" is on the album. To this day we have never heard the 1990's version of "For What It's Worth"
Old 07-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would make sense to reissue In Your Dreams on vinyl at the same time, just to have the sales impact of displaying them side by side at stores.
It is a great hope of mine that one day "Street Angel", "Trouble In Shangri-La" and "In Your Dreams" will get the Vinyl treatment! It will probably never happen.