The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ok, the CD thing. Will that be decently sized photo pages or those little booklets that come with CDs? God, I love vinyl albums. The photobooks in those were so great.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I'm just wondering what the "Photobook CD" is...I just posted in the other thread about it and in the press release it says...

"Additionally, a Deluxe Photobook CD album will be available for fans, which includes two bonus tracks plus 48 pages of exclusive photos from Nicks’ personal photo collection."
I wonder what that could be?
It's like enchanted.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yippie,!!!

I just found out about this. I had a very busy day. My wife,Lauratn posted the link from Rolling Stone on her Facebook. My Kenwood turntable from the'80s is ready for September 29th.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Im so into the idea of so many photos, but is it just me or is it at the very least odd that anyone would be into taking so many "selfies"? Love your music Stevie but that comes across as so like self absorbed. It's one thing to release the selfie poloroids sporadically over the years....but all those pages? Idk
We don't know if all of the photos are going to be "selfies". I'd venture a guess that some might be pics of the Lori and Sharon, various musicians, Fleetwood Mac, pics of her home, the recording studio, fun "gag" shots, etc.

BUT...if all 48 pages are indeed "selfies", I 'll just roll my eyes, laugh my ass off and enjoy them anyway.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie release info is all over Google news.

I'm on the Warner Music's email list .I probably will get the order info soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stevie all over Google news.jpg (90.8 KB, 31 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 07-24-2014 at 11:40 PM..
Old 07-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

has a new official Instagram account – ‘stevienicksofficial’ where she will be previewing snippets of her new album each week beginning August 5th.

this seems very Dave-like. Would love to think that his more modern perspective has rubbed off just a little.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Stevie release info is all over Google news.

I'm on the Warner Music's email list .I probably will get the order info soon.

Does anyone else notice on that thumbnail screen capture that Macfanforever posted that in the fourth photo from the left how lightly tinted Stevie's glasses are, compared to how freaking dark they have gotten? Second pic from left is a good example.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm guessing Stevie will perform one song from her new album on the tour. Probably a song that FM had worked on but never released. This way she can do a little speech about the song and how FM had worked on it and now it's on her new solo album out now! Good cross promotion..
Old 07-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I'm guessing Stevie will perform one song from her new album on the tour. Probably a song that FM had worked on but never released. This way she can do a little speech about the song and how FM had worked on it and now it's on her new solo album out now! Good cross promotion..
The insider FM77 already stated over in the Rumours forum that this will never happen.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Junior Ledgie

this news gotten me very excited today! so excited I posted my joy in an old school forum !
Old 07-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
has a new official Instagram account – ‘stevienicksofficial’ where she will be previewing snippets of her new album each week beginning August 5th.

this seems very Dave-like. Would love to think that his more modern perspective has rubbed off just a little.
I'm glad she is getting into it with a helping hand from Dave and others.If the internet is use right for promoting anything .It could do wonders for her.
Hahahahaha She will be a geek soon.

Will she is ahead of me.I have to set up a Instagram account.I already have Pinterest,
Tumblr,Photobucket,YouTube,Dailymotion and a Twitter accounts.I probably forgot some others. I've booted Face Book awhile back which I had problems with it killing one of my computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Does anyone else notice on that thumbnail screen capture that Macfanforever posted that in the fourth photo from the left how lightly tinted Stevie's glasses are, compared to how freaking dark they have gotten? Second pic from left is a good example.
Yes I did noticed that.Speaking of glasses .I will be going later today for my eye exam.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I am pretty sure The Dealer is the opening track.
An Excellent choice for an opener, The Dealer is a cool song and has been On most of the fan's wish lists for a very long time. I'm so excited. This project really is going to be unique and special
Old 07-25-2014, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just noticed that Fleetwood Mac are playing Madison Square Garden on October 6th and 7th. That will be BRILLIANT promotion for her album. If 20,000 people hear her say "My new album is out tomorrow" and "My new album is out today' then that will make the people who don't know about it aware of its release. I think if Stevie promotes '24 Karat' on the tour and on 'The Voice' and a lot of other TV shows as well as Fleetwood Mac's TODAY show concert, then the album should be a success. After all, 'In Your Dreams' didn't get this promotion, just a bunch of TV shows.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but one of the stupid little things I'm picky about....

I'm so, so excited for the photos, but I hope they're not mostly selfies (most of which I've seen are from the RAL/OSOTM era, which we all know wasn't the best of times...). I hope she doesn't use the press release photo as the album cover. I can't even believe she chose that to go out on a release. I don't know... in my opinion it just isn't the most flattering picture to choose. Is it just me or does she look kind of high? Given how many times she's spoken out about how she looks at these old pictures and only sees how high she was, I'm surprised. Thoughts?

Last edited by loverly13; 07-25-2014 at 05:21 AM..
Old 07-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly13 View Post
Is it just me or does she look kind of high?
I agree. She does. This is from '85/'86.