User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
This sounds good on paper, but ultimately I don't think anyone would be huge on Stevie coming in and saying, "I don't want to record with y'all, but how about we promote my new music on our tour!" Kind of a slap in the face. The blow would be lessened a bit by the others having had a hand in some of the solo songs, yes, but I still don't see anything like that ever happening. Too many egos and too much politics.
I think you're right. Stevie said in a December 2012 interview, FM was going to do Soldier's Angel during the 2013 Tour but they didn't. I asked Mick why not at the May 2013 Vegas Meet and Greet and he said the song had a lot of weight to it and Stevie would have had to tell the story of it every night so they decided it should stay in her show.
Also, I think the 2014 songlist will be 28 songs at the most so I don't see room for a new Stevie song when we know they are going to play the 15 hits plus 5 Christine hits and then a mix of album tracks and I guess new Lindsey/Chris songs.
Finally, Stevie said at the Grammys in January she was excited for 2 tours 'next year.' I guess she'll tour her CD in April-May 2015 and tour Europe with FM June 2015
Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Finally, Stevie said at the Grammys in January she was excited for 2 tours 'next year.' I guess she'll tour her CD in April-May 2015 and tour Europe with FM June 2015
wasn't she hinting she'd like one of those 2 tours to be with Grohl?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yes I think one of the tours she was hinting at was the grunge thing with Dave Grohl...
Old 04-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Yes I think one of the tours she was hinting at was the grunge thing with Dave Grohl...
Quote:
Good grief . I dont like hearing that. Noise band .Earplug time.LOL.........

Tour with Lady A anytime.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I somehow missed that - do you know when she said that?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Good grief . I dont like hearing that. Noise band .Earplug time. LOL.....
I would much rather she "Rock Out" than work with any of the popular manufactured corporate formula artists that think they know how to play country music...
Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I somehow missed that - do you know when she said that?
A couple of months ago she said she would like to go with Dave Grohl one of his grunge tours...Stevie really liked working with him on the "Sound City" thing...

Old 04-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would much rather she "Rock Out" than work with any of the popular manufactured corporate formula artists that think they know how to play country music...
I have to agree with you there like I said about todays country artists.They are not real country.Phony boloney.Stevie would do great with Dolly,Emmylou,George Strait or Vince Gill,Alan Jackson .

I would love to hear her do a duet with Vince Gill.

But I do like Lady A better then some of those other newcomers.

What ever is the best for her.I will be there to support her.

I like Dave as a person but I'm not into his music.He is a great talker in the interviews.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I have to agree with you there like I said about todays country artists.They are not real country.Phony boloney.Stevie would do great with Dolly,Emmylou,George Strait or Vince Gill,Alan Jackson .

I would love to hear her do a duet with Vince Gill.

But I do like Lady A better then some of those other newcomers.

What ever is the best for her.I will be there to support her.

I like Dave as a person but I'm not into his music.He is a great talker in the interviews.
If only Stevie and Waylon had re-recorded some of Stevie's songs together...

I think Dave Grohl's sound would be toned down quite a bit if he were to be on one of her songs...
Old 04-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A couple of months ago she said she would like to go with Dave Grohl one of his grunge tours...Stevie really liked working with him on the "Sound City" thing...
I remember that interview, but never heard any confirmation that it was anything other than Stevie's random musings. If they are in fact touring together, it seems odd that Dave Grohl was on the Tonight Show the same night as Stevie, but that they didn't perform together.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I remember that interview, but never heard any confirmation that it was anything other than Stevie's random musings. If they are in fact touring together, it seems odd that Dave Grohl was on the Tonight Show the same night as Stevie, but that they didn't perform together.
Thank goodness he didn't..LOL.......

Old 04-29-2014, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think you're right. Stevie said in a December 2012 interview, FM was going to do Soldier's Angel during the 2013 Tour but they didn't. I asked Mick why not at the May 2013 Vegas Meet and Greet and he said the song had a lot of weight to it and Stevie would have had to tell the story of it every night so they decided it should stay in her show.
That's a silly answer from Mick. There's no requirement that you have to explain a song. If people know the background great. If they don't, either they can enjoy the song without knowing what it's about or not. No big deal.

I know when Lindsey did Gift of Screws in concert, there were so many people asking what it meant in email and such. Even when I explained it, they didn't half believe me. I guess they think associating Lindsey and a rock song with Emily Dickinson or perfume pressing must be some kind of hoax. But there's no reason to explain.

When you do a Storytellers type tour, that prologue is quite welcome and I can totally see her discussing Soldier's Angel in her solo concert, but for most concerts I don't think you should introduce to many of the songs.

Michele
Old 04-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
There's no requirement that you have to explain a song.

I don't think you should introduce too many of the songs.
I agree that artists shouldn't introduce too many of their songs, lest it become less of a rock concert & more of a show & tell session.

However, Soldier's Angel is different. Given today's political climate, I don't think Soldier's Angel could be performed sans explanation without ruffling some feathers. People wouldn't know what it's about, and Fox News would probably latch on to the narcissism of Stevie proclaiming herself to be a soldier's angel and we'd have a new Dixie Chicks type situation on our hands. Then Toby Keith would get Mick, Christine, and John deported, and we'd never even hear Fleetwood Mac on the radio again.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She said she hoped she could do a short tour with Grohl after what she had to do in 2014 so I don't think the 2nd tour in 2014 or 15 is a Grohl tour. If she tours solo, I think she should tour in Fall 2015. I think the focus should be on FM in 2014
Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

I love that Stevie is perhaps recording a new album, and I hope we get to hear it sooner rather than later. I do worry, though, about her voice and physical well-being. I just hope she gives herself enough time to take a little break and rest her voice before hitting the road for what I'm sure will be a long trek with Fleetwood Mac.