The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Recording A New Album With Dave Stewart Producing In Nashville...

We have all been wondering what Stevie is up to in Nashville the past week...Unlike with the "IYD" sessions Dave has not tweeted any real details about the events going on...On Saturday (4/26) Mick attended a Jenny Boyd book signing at The Grove and our own "Hello Monster" was in attendance and this is from the transcription of what took place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Well... This will be interesting. This is transcribed by the way, I managed to record our conversation, so everything Mick says is real. I'm working on uploading my recording to Mediafire as soon as I figure out how.

Anyways. Here you go!

(Me) "So what's going on in Nashville?"

(Mick) "Uh she's making, uh Stevie's making an album... I think it's gonna be a first for her where she's doing that Nashville thing where they go in and all the musicians just play the songs and get it all done really quickly... were hoping."

(Me) "Well I heard that she's there with Dave and that Christine was there too. Are they doing something together?"

(Mick) "Dave's producing it, uh and she's using the wrecking crew down there, to my knowledge where they all just come in and jam out the songs in two weeks"

Sounds like a solo to me, ladies and gentlemen. Thoughts?
So I looks like we may be getting a new Stevie solo album before a new Mac album (how great is this!!! )...
Before everyone goes crazy about Stevie recording in Nashville remember this is where Dave goes when he record his records and when Dave records in Nashville at Blackbird his records are started and finished in 2 weeks...Another thing to keep in mind is that just because Stevie is recording in Nashville at Blackbird it doesn't mean she's making a "country"album...Now that Mick has let the proverbial cat out of the bag let's hope Dave let's us in on what's going on...
Old 04-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This had better not be somebody's sick idea of a joke.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I don't think "Hello Monster" is known for pulling pranks but we will see...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I doubt it. In the original thread is a link to download audio of the q&a. I'm pretty sure this is legit, although it is certainly new territory for Stevie.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie is recording a solo album could it be that she has told FM that she's not working/ touring with them 3 years in a row...I'm sure that Stevie and Lindsey only planned on touring FM for a year...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
I doubt it. In the original thread is a link to download audio of the q&a. I'm pretty sure this is legit, although it is certainly new territory for Stevie.
Actually Stevie has done this before ...If you remember "The Wild Heart" was recorded in 12 DAYS
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
Here's the Barnes and Noble audio link...http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3d08..._and_Noble.m4a
Old 04-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she's trying to pull a Beyoncé and release it completely unannounced.

Then again, it's weird to put out a solo album and then go tour with FM. So maybe she's getting the receding all over with and then waiting to release it till after FM has run it's course.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Ledgie

I think Stevie believes this is the only window of time she has to do another solo album. I think FM is asking everyone for a two to three year commitment (tour, album, tour) and Stevie said ok but give me the first half of 2014 to work on other things first. I think she has one album left on her record contract so this will let her fulfill that and then she 'll turn her focus to FM (and maybe do a few solo shows between legs of FM tours).
Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie puts the album out in May, she could your June and July and be back with FM to rehearse in August.

But they would have to announce it pretty soon.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
If Stevie puts the album out in May, she could your June and July and be back with FM to rehearse in August.

Talk about overload. That seems like way too much for her. I do rememebr some talk a few months ago about her giving two songs to Lindsey. I don't know if the source was reliable, but they were able to describe the song. Maybe there's more studio stuff done than we think.

Whether its through FM or her own, I am just happy to see some new material.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

I think she's recording before FM events this year and the album will be out in 2015...As I posted in the other thread it may be that Stevie has put her platform boot down again and told the band she'll tour in the fall but after that she's taking time off...Christine's return was totally unexpected and I think Mick thought he could use this to his advantage and get Stevie on board with a new record and yet another tour...I don't think there is enough time for Stevie to get a record out and book a tour this year but I think we will see the new album next year with a major tour as well...
Old 04-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Actually Stevie has done this before ...If you remember "The Wild Heart" was recorded in 12 DAYS
Wow, never knew it only took 12 days... Interesting.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm thrilled by this news! A new Stevie solo album one year and a new Mac album the next... that hasn't happened for the past 25 years.

This is win/win. The more music, the better.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I'm thrilled by this news! A new Stevie solo album one year and a new Mac album the next... that hasn't happened for the past 25 years.

This is win/win. The more music, the better.
i'm happy for you guys. if there was a FM and LB solo album in the works at the same time i would be over the moon so i can completely get how you all feel.

however, if FM waits for SN, and releases their album AFTER hers, even though the only reason it's not done and out is waiting for her, they are just a bunch of wusses.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"