The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They have 5 months now to form this mess into a functioning line up. They must work really hard to integrate songs from Peter Green, The Heartbreakers, Crownded House, Stevie Nicks, Stevie Nicks with FM, Christine McVie and make it sound wholesome and different. They also have to come up with new arrangements and they lose alot of the more significant songs from Lindsey - or they make themselves sound exactly like the cover band they claim not to be (I think that playing Tusk and Go Your Own Way will be pretty awkward). I look forward to the first reviews, since Lindsey was the one injecting much needed energy into that line up.

And all those changes with a new guitar player, a new singer AND everyone wrestling the ego of Miss Nicks. I soooo hope that right now they are struggling hard with realizing the full consequences of their actions. Because they deserve that.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Why not get just Green himself Anyway it seems that if they were deliberately setting out to tarnish and belittle their legacy they would be hard pressed to do a better job than this .It has to be a lethal combination of greed and dementia fueling this.
I could be wrong, but I thought Peter wasn't up
to something like that. To put it nicely.

I agree with you that they're doing a great job
at tarnishing their legacy.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
They have 5 months now to form this mess into a functioning line up. They must work really hard to integrate songs from Peter Green, The Heartbreakers, Crownded House, Stevie Nicks, Stevie Nicks with FM, Christine McVie and make it sound wholesome and different. They also have to come up with new arrangements and they lose alot of the more significant songs from Lindsey - or they make themselves sound exactly like the cover band they claim not to be (I think that playing Tusk and Go Your Own Way will be pretty awkward). I look forward to the first reviews, since Lindsey was the one injecting much needed energy into that line up.

And all those changes with a new guitar player, a new singer AND everyone wrestling the ego of Miss Nicks. I soooo hope that right now they are struggling hard with realizing the full consequences of their actions. Because they deserve that.
But they won’t admit. Same with OGB’s only fans.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Lindsey can sit back and laugh and watch this thing implode. Ticket sales are one thing, a crappy review in rolling stone is another.
I doubt it. I think Neil Finn is more loved by rock critics than Lindsey Buckingham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Why not get just Green himself Anyway it seems that if they were deliberately setting out to tarnish and belittle their legacy they would be hard pressed to do a better job than this .It has to be a lethal combination of greed and dementia fueling this.
Thank you! Who would argue against Green and Spencer returning? Yours is the question I would ask at the m&g!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
But they won’t admit. Same with OGB’s only fans.
Nope. It is on them to put on a good show, so if it does suck they have to deal with bad reviews and attendees have to deal with disappointment. Same as any concert.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I doubt it. I think Neil Finn is more loved by rock critics than Lindsey Buckingham.

Thank you! Who would argue against Green and Spencer returning? Yours is the question I would ask at the m&g!
As Iamnotafraid said above, aren't there issues with Peter's mental/physical health these days that would preclude him being able to perform?
Old 05-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
As Iamnotafraid said above, aren't there issues with Peter's mental/physical health these days that would preclude him being able to perform?
I don't know, the last time he toured was in 2010.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yep, huge changes. One thing to bring in new players to play your usual stuff. Quite another to completely rework your set-- Stevie was talking the 10 "must play hits" and that leaves room for "13 more" songs. Thirteen new songs!! With players who haven't been with each other so long they can predict each other's next move

No wonder they are starting in Oklahoma.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Welp...

Bought tickets this morning for Pittsburgh. I'll be curious to see what they have to offer. The more I think about all of what's gone on, the more interested I get. This will be the first tour since Say You Will that I can't tell you what the setlist is months out. And I like that. I don't like the idea of throwing in TP and CH songs...this is still a Mac show after all...but I guess I could handle one of each. Here's hoping it's a fun one.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I soooo hope that right now they are struggling hard with realizing the full consequences of their actions. Because they deserve that.
Maybe if we're luck they'll beg Lindsey's forgiveness and let him back in the band
Old 05-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Maybe if we're luck they'll beg Lindsey's forgiveness and let him back in the band
Not. Gonna. Happen.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
No wonder they are starting in Oklahoma.
Apologies to the fine citizens of Oklahoma, who appear to be the unintended targets of anger
Old 05-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because general public is clueless. because they think - oh look another legendary band is reuniting, but one member already left, luckily MC is replacing him, quick lets go see them before somebody else leaves:

@leahsolmaz
Bit gutted that Lindsey Buckingham has left but still eagerly awaiting the reunion tour dates. Defo on the bucket-list to see them live so here's my meh cover as tribute "Landslide" & "Dreams" - Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (Leah Solmaz Cover) https://youtu.be/-HlVajdZ898 via @YouTube

@ellellew
they'll reunite with Lindsey Buckingham??

@leahsolmaz
I doubt it but they've got Mike Campbell to take his place for the reunion tour so fingers crossed they go ahead with it still

and because every 5th tweet on my TL is stupid Live Nation promoted tweet advertising this abomination of a tour, even though i unfollowed both fleetwood mac and love nation. they are dumping money in advertising like crazy.
I love Lindsey, Elle, probably not as much as you but I still love him. That said, this band is still Fleetwood Mac without him and you can bet whatever it was, they had a darn good reason to let him go. It is a not a decision they would have made lightly as they know their fan base really respects and admires Lindsey.
It is Fleetwood Mac. Not Fleetwood Buck. So long as Mick and John are involved it will always be Fleetwood Mac. It was Fleetwood Mac on The Tango in the Night Tour. It was Fleetwood Mac when they made Behind the Mask. Even the Time line up was still Fleetwood Mac...because they had Mick and John.
Living in Australia means I need to spend about $3000 to see them factoring in flights and a few nights accommodation. But I am seriously considering it.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Not. Gonna. Happen.
Exactly. And honestly at this point I don't know if I want it to happen. Their total disrespect towards Lindsey and his past work with the band make it very difficult for me to support a future reunion.

Besides, Mick made it very clear they're a new band when asked it there was a chance of a reuion. It was interesting how he didn't answer: "he chose to leave". So at this point it's pretty clear he was fired.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if this was discussed, but the tour was probably already booked when Lindsey was fired. No band can book that big venues on such a short order. Do you think that Lindsey is entitled to a share of the profit, because he was part of the band when the contracts were inked? I would think that that is why Mick won't say "fired" and Lindsey won't say anything right now.