Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
We use all those expressions in the U.S., but I'm still partial to "Don't **** where you eat".
Cool thanks, I'll add it among my mental drawer for "English idioms", it will make for some fun dinner anectodes (yes, I'm that deviant).
Old 05-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Yawn. Now he has plenty of time for his “art.”
Right? People should be happy that he's no longer shackled by evil Mick and Stevie's money-grubbing, creatively barren ways.

And I don't get why it's sparking such derision and outcry about being in it for the money. Not to be cold toward the band...but they are all OLD. Who cares if they want to go get paid while they can.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^About their age: I'm sure that the "Fleetwood Mac Social Club" will go on and on.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
How about...

Mick Fleetwoods Sh*t Wagon Revue?

[IMG]
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HHJGUgtp4nU/UvMQufUOydI/AAAAAAAACKA/Omc4K35V-EE/s1600/daily_gifdump_549_01.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Fleetwood Mac Social Club?
They are at least old enough.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Now that it's a part of her spiel, every interview she does, she's going to spend part of it talking about how Tom Petty's death affected her.
it's shamelessly milking Tom's death. as she tends to do.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She married Robin Andersons widower shortly after Robin died. She had Lindsey, her bandmate and ex fired to have Tom Pettys sidekick in her band after Tom died.
It's save to say that Stevie does not handle grieve very good and that she makes irrational decisions when grieving.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Right? People should be happy that he's no longer shackled by evil Mick and Stevie's money-grubbing, creatively barren ways.

And I don't get why it's sparking such derision and outcry about being in it for the money. Not to be cold toward the band...but they are all OLD. Who cares if they want to go get paid while they can.

Hmmm, maybe because we wanted the same thing he wanted: to see him on both his solo tour and with his money-grubbing, evil band members.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My brother who I consider a casual fan and owns probably two of their albums said when I mentioned what happened: "oh i was under the impression that he left again. It's not Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey. I wouldn't go see them again , why bother?" Yes, why bother.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
She married Robin Andersons widower shortly after Robin died. She had Lindsey, her bandmate and ex fired to have Tom Pettys sidekick in her band after Tom died.
It's save to say that Stevie does not handle grieve very good and that she makes irrational decisions when grieving.
That doesn't justify what she has done.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Hmmm, maybe because we wanted the same thing he wanted: to see him on both his solo tour and with his money-grubbing, evil band members.
i know right? how hard is that to understand?? he was going to be in rehearsals for his solo tour right now! we would already have his solo tour dates and we would actually KNOW it is happening. and then we could also go see him / the whole FM at some of the dates in between. the way he was planning it, it would have been SPECTACULAR for fans.

now we have nothing but a speculation that he is hopefully not getting completely screwed over by both promoters and his label, and that maybe - maybe! - that album he's under contract for will actually be allowed to come out in some reasonable time frame, and that MAYBE we will get his solo tour this fall. it was a SURE THING! and now it's not. how hard is that for people to understand??

did i mention recently how much i hate it when he has a label vs being on his own and free to do whatever he wants??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a really freakin sad contrast for you....

After all that has happened in the past few weeks, let's take a step back and remember:

When Tom and the Heartbreakers were honored at Music Cares, he was deeply touched and then went on to have as he described, one of the best and happiest tours they had ever had as a group.

Fleetwood Mac managed to mangle the whole thing within a week and then attempts to rewrite history with a "new band".

I can't even attempt to logically justify it all.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't decide if this tour and "brand new "Fleetwood Mac are going to be as fun as getting my tonsils out at age 25 or the hemorrhoidectomy I had a few years back

Old 05-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look at this video clip from 2014 and how happy everyone seemed! It's so sad to watch now. How could such a joyful reuniting of the classic five turn so ugly and sad within just a few years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdyYQ9XGq0

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
Look at this video clip from 2014 and how happy everyone seemed! It's so sad to watch now. How could such a joyful reuniting of the classic five turn so ugly and sad within just a few years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdyYQ9XGq0
Because Stevie didn’t record with them. She should have been shown the door, but whatever. Getting rid of Stevie would hurt the bottom line.

THE Stephen Hopkins