The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Lindsey is sooooo serious (SN q&a clip)

some LB-related parts of the interview available here:

apparently nobody is ever nice (let alone adoring!) to poor Lindsey... and he never ever laughs or smiles anymore

i also pasted the part about Christine leaving FM here - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...64#post1065064

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lies, fairy tales, fallacies...Lindsey is serious, but he can be quite funny as well. I mean, look at the rapport he had with Brett on his past tours! And as far as no one adoring him, I'm done. I don't think I even need to acknowledge such ridiculousness.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some LB-related parts of the interview available here:

apparently nobody is ever nice (let alone adoring!) to poor Lindsey... and he never ever laughs or smiles anymore

i also pasted the part about Christine leaving FM here - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...64#post1065064
Lindsey's not used to people being warm and loving to him?? Huh?? Sure he is. Maybe she should go to one of his incredible concerts She'd see otherwise. His family seems pretty warm and loving toward him too, as well as his bandmates, Neale, Brett and Wally. His nieces. The guy that interviewed him in NYC last year...all kinds of people!

She got him to smile? Wow Good for her. So did I. And a lot of other people I saw got smiles out of him too...it wasn't difficult.

The interviewer doesn't think she's the un-forgiving type, yet she's still bothered by a perfectly reasonable comment Lindsey made over 10 years ago, while working on Say You Will?? Oookay.

And lastly, just let me say how lovely it is of her to keep bringing up that she thinks he wishes he was married to her and had a family with her. Classy. Because I'm sure his family loves hearing that. And can't you just see Lindsey looking at his kids and thinking, "gee they're great kids and all but nothing like the amazing kids I could have had with Stevie".

Someone is clearly delusional.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Lies, fairy tales, fallacies...Lindsey is serious, but he can be quite funny as well. I mean, look at the rapport he had with Brett on his past tours! And as far as no one adoring him, I'm done. I don't think I even need to acknowledge such ridiculousness.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Last edited by Lindsfan; 10-08-2012 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Lindsfan, luv. I am livid over this particular comment because everyone is always dragging LB through the mud. If it isn't one of his ex-girlfriends it's Ken Caillat or some other Joe. I really would like to say that a man can be serious and also have a fantastic sense of humor.

Maybe Linds just didn't have much to laugh about in the company of certain people. Maybe the tension was too thick. But, whatever, as shown above he can be funny and he IS laid-back with fans. And he's warm and sweet and generous as well. I have video and pics of my own to prove it!

And I know I can holler at many on here who can say the same.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I wish the Lindsey vs. Stevie thing didn't always feel like Romney vs. Obama.

She was relating a very positive experience they had in the studio. Now, did she do it with extra drama and through Stevie-colored glasses? Of course she did. But the take-away is that even though they've had many bad times in the studio, this was just the opposite. And I think it made them both happy to know that all these years later, they can still click when they work together.

As far as people not being loving to him, I'm pretty sure the context was in the studio, where people like FM (including Stevie), Ken Caillat, etc. haven't always had the patience to indulge him. I hardly think she was implying he had no fans or that his family didn't love him.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Lindsey's not used to people being warm and loving to him?? Huh?? Sure he is. Maybe she should go to one of his incredible concerts She'd see otherwise. His family seems pretty warm and loving toward him too, as well as his bandmates, Neale, Brett and Wally. His nieces. The guy that interviewed him in NYC last year...all kinds of people!

She got him to smile? Wow Good for her. So did I. And a lot of other people I saw got smiles out of him too...it wasn't difficult.

The interviewer doesn't think she's the un-forgiving type, yet she's still bothered by a perfectly reasonable comment Lindsey made over 10 years ago, while working on Say You Will?? Oookay.

And lastly, just let me say how lovely it is of her to keep bringing up that she thinks he wishes he was married to her and had a family with her. Classy. Because I'm sure his family loves hearing that. And can't you just see Lindsey looking at his kids and thinking, "gee they're great kids and all but nothing like the amazing kids I could have had with Stevie".

Someone is clearly delusional.
I thought that Stevie meant that he wasn't used to that kind of an attitude regarding her. Like, when they record for Fleetwood Mac, it's always tense and stuff so he's not used to be going into a situation with Stevie where recording is such a fun process and everyone is so nice to him.

But regarding the Bob Dylan debacle - it seems petty to keep bringing it up since it seems like such a random insignificant little thing... but sometimes it's the little stuff that hurts your feelings and that you remember. It must have really bothered her, although as an outsider watching it's clear Lindsey was trying to be careful about how he approached it.

Honestly, I do agree about the family comments - it shows a bit of disrespect for his marriage/children and it's the kind of thing that would probably best be kept between the two of them. That said, i t had to have come from somewhere - I doubt she just made that stuff up and decided to start talking about it in interviews. But it still seems kind of private.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow, what an incredibly annoying interview! She seems like she is living in a make-believe tabloid-ready world. I love Stevie, but some of the stuff she is saying is just so crazy. It is really obnoxious.

Last edited by WeepingWall; 10-08-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Sometimes I wish the Lindsey vs. Stevie thing didn't always feel like Romney vs. Obama.

She was relating a very positive experience they had in the studio. Now, did she do it with extra drama and through Stevie-colored glasses? Of course she did. But the take-away is that even though they've had many bad times in the studio, this was just the opposite. And I think it made them both happy to know that all these years later, they can still click when they work together.

As far as people not being loving to him, I'm pretty sure the context was in the studio, where people like FM (including Stevie), Ken Caillat, etc. haven't always had the patience to indulge him. I hardly think she was implying he had no fans or that his family didn't love him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I thought that Stevie meant that he wasn't used to that kind of an attitude regarding her. Like, when they record for Fleetwood Mac, it's always tense and stuff so he's not used to be going into a situation with Stevie where recording is such a fun process and everyone is so nice to him. But regarding the Bob Dylan debacle - it seems petty to keep bringing it up since it seems like such a random insignificant little thing... but sometimes it's the little stuff that hurts your feelings and that you remember. It must have really bothered her, although as an outsider watching it's clear Lindsey was trying to be careful about how he approached it.

Honestly, I do agree about the family comments - it shows a bit of disrespect for his marriage/children and it's the kind of thing that would probably best be kept between the two of them. That said, i t had to have come from somewhere - I doubt she just made that stuff up and decided to start talking about it in interviews. But it still seems kind of private.
The Romney/Obama comment was pretty funny

I'll concede that to you guys. Maybe that's what she meant, but not everyone appreciates her Stevie colored glasses and it would be refreshing if she could have said it without all the drama. It gets old to many of his fans reading and hearing these kinds of little jabs at him. Usually about things that happened a looooong time ago. When she adds her Stevie flare to what was supposed to be a complimantery remark, it just perpetuates the image that Lindsey is nothing but a dark and un-happy person, which simply isn't true. Why does she want to do that?

Which leads to "...it had to come from somewhere?" Maybe her own mind
Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hysterical!!! I thought she was gonna rip her fingers off one by one she was so fidgety talking about him! You would think she would be better at this by now. LOL.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
If she wants to talk about that subject, she can talk about her own emotions. But she wants to come off as strong, and not the desperate old single lady still in love with her old boyfriend who has since gotten married, had kids, and is always talking about how happy he is.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post
If she wants to talk about that subject, she can talk about her own emotions. But she wants to come off as strong, and not the desperate old single lady still in love with her old boyfriend who has since gotten married, had kids, and is always talking about how happy he is.
Well, she's pretty confident talking about how he feels...

I remember an interview not long ago and the reporter brought it up to Lindsey - Stevie's comments about them marrying and living in SF and having children - he just said, "oh, that's a nice thought"... lol...
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post

WeepingWall FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, she's pretty confident talking about how he feels...
Indeed.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that interviewclip. She's witty and loose. Very much in shape too. And still someone who had Fame as a goal. And there, for me, is the major differente with her ex. Who had Fame as a goal too, but right after gaining it, he went for pure artistic values. They have à Very different view at the World.