The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default happy bday to Brett Tuggle (at WHB in 2011)

a friend who was there with me last year reminded me that today is Brett's bday... and we sang "happy birthday" to him a year ago during Lindsey's show in WHB.

so - happy bday to Brett!!

it was also my first LB show that was a part of a tour (prior to that, i only saw him live once, at Saban taping)... it was a great first show to see!

my review from last year (sorry, feeling a bit nostalgic!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
westhampton - i was going to get there early and meet w/ Sahara and Steve to see whether we can catch lindsey and the band before the soundcheck. i won't tire you out with NJT and NYC traffic reports, but lets just say driving around there on the rainy friday afternoon spells disaster = hrs of traffic jams. so i barely made it and was late for the concert even though i left DC at 10am. i came in during trouble. westhampton is a great miniature venue - i was at the entrance waiting for trouble to end to get to my seat and was surprised to see lindsey almost right in front of me - that's how small it is. lindsey and the band were great and audience was into it, but a bit tame. there were several girls dancing to almost every song, but it was almost like people were afraid to get up or go near the stage. finally when GYOW started i grabbed Steve and one of the girls dancing in the front rows and pushed them upfront (girl kept thanking me later - she said she didn't know we can actually go upfront; she also got a hug from LB after the show - he really notices everybody in front of him in the audience). so there were only maybe 10+ people dancing in front of the stage during GYOW and TIO, when suddenly i noticed Sahara there at the other end of the stage (we never met before) - felt almost like ledgie fraternity upfront there at the stage! it was also Brett's bday so the whole audience sang "happy birthday Brett Tuggle" and Brett and LB seemed pleasantly surprised that people knew his name!
i have to say the songs i probably liked the most in WH were the songs i normally complain about - Stars, Sorrows. other songs that i love i spoiled a bit by singing them so couldn't really get the experience of really hearing them. and liked Turn it on a lot in WH - LOVED it in ridgefield! TIO is at such a perfect place in the set.
so that's it, Sahara, Steve and i had our little international LB fan gathering after the show and closed some bar on the main street - loved the bartender who let us stay way after the closing time.
here are 2 pics that Steve took that night while we were standing at the stage for encores (somewhat blurry since cameras were not allowed at that venue) -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dang, Linds looks sloppy-drunk in that last pic. Or just really happy.

I really like Brett. He's a fun guy and him and LB have great rapport.

But man, Lindsey looks even better now than he did in 2011. I can't get over how he continues to age like the fine wine.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

But man, Lindsey looks even better now than he did in 2011. I can't get over how he continues to age like the fine wine.
Yes, Linds looks more gorgeous right now than he has ever done! I put this down to him being fit, healthy, and spending the year doing the best thing he has ever done and it all working out beautifully for him!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

yes he does. 2 reasons i can see -

1) he seems skinnier this year, and that enhances his features
2) miraculous hair regrowth

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"