The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Every word I said, including whichever post or posts I was banned for, is still there on the Vivfox thread for all to see. People can make up their own minds.

I enjoyed it here very much, but it's time to move on
Old 04-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a waste this place has become. classic god complex. but so many on one board. that's gotta be a record.

there's so much to the story that most people don't even know/get. it's not all as it seems dear Ledgies. don't be fooled. look around.

...since you've been gone, Rome burned down...
Old 04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Ledge Boards" group?
I repeat...
Old 04-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I repeat...
since these aren't really concerns over the "set up" of the board, Chit Chat is actually the appropriate forum.

got PM or signature problems, etc., that would go there. it's more of an IT-type forum.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
since these aren't really concerns over the "set up" of the board, Chit Chat is actually the appropriate forum.

got PM or signature problems, etc., that would go there. it's more of an IT-type forum.
I guess it all depends on interpretation of "set up"- I mean, it would make sense to have discussions regarding membership/moderation of the boards in a forum dedicated to the boards themselves, rather than dragging it in here.

But, maybe that's just me.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
a forum dedicated to the boards
well, one would think there would be enough HOT homan threads with the ledge as topic that that would keep oneself quite busy...apparently not. seems situations such as this tend to bring on that love/hate bit.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been keeping quiet through this mostly because I am new at moderating and don't want to come off sounding like I believe I am an authority on anything. However, I do want to say that I wish that *no one* would leave. I will miss the folks that I genuinely thought of as friends here in cyberspace. Some of you have access to my private journal and there is a reason for that. All that being said, if The Ledge does not bring happiness to someone, he or she should have the right to move on.

I have been really busy trying to finish up graduate school (graduating in 15 days!) so I haven't had time to speak on these issues like I would have liked. I believe that the overall reasoning behind the suspensions was a feeling of a bullying attitude. Please bear in mind that every single rule break is not always picked up on by moderators. Most of the time, I receive a PM with a complaint before I've had the chance to see it in the thread itself. What I do is then copy the complaint and discuss it with the other moderators. I don't know ANY of the back stories or histories between different Ledgies. I've never been adept at figuring out who likes or dislikes who. I suppose that's due in part to the fact that before I became a moderator, I steered clear from "argument" threads.

No one moderator makes the decision to suspend or ban (I definitely would not feel comfortable with that "power" considering how long I've been here). I'd like to think that I try to be fair. I do admit not being quite as on top of things as I should, but I don't have as much time to read all the threads as I usually do, and for that, I apologize.

I'll end this by saying that I'm sorry to those who feel that they have not been treated fairly. The Ledge should be a place for Stevie and FM freaks (like me! ) to be able to get together and talk about the band and have interesting and thought provoking discussions.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
The Ledge should be a place for Stevie and FM freaks (like me! ) to be able to get together and talk about the band and have interesting and thought provoking discussions.
great note, jannie. would be ubercool if we all could come together as FM fans. I, too, am on the miss for some peeps...but, in the circumstance of tempban, they do have freedom of choice to return or not...if they want to move on/away all I can offer is 'peace' and wish them well...odd shiz happens when 'feelings' are involved.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know why everyone is taking this so serious - "I'M GONNA TAKE MY BALL AND GO HOME!" - come on. It's a forum. People seem so worked up over this.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I don't know why everyone is taking this so serious - "I'M GONNA TAKE MY BALL AND GO HOME!" - come on. It's a forum. People seem so worked up over this.
Many people have been a part of this community for several years. People have formed friendships.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Quote:
Many people have been a part of this community for several years. People have formed friendships.
Exactly Jannie. Moz - people are simply letting friends know that they're leaving & why they're doing so. In the past, people have left without saying a word & others wondered what happened & worried about them in some cases.

I understand why they're leaving - I hardly post anymore, partly due to the fact that I worry I'll be banned. Things I used to feel comfortable saying, whether in jest or seriously, are no longer allowed. Over the past year, things have gotten to the point that any opinion posted directed at another member is construed as a personal attack, and several people disagreeing with someone are accused of being a clique who's purposely ganging up on that person. We can't have any discussions here anymore, lest they become the slightest bit heated, since the thread will surely be closed or deleted, or the "offenders" will be banned, or suspended, or whatever. The selective enforcement of the rules, and the varied punishment given for breaking them, makes people even more nervous. Some would just rather not bother.

I'll probably stick around, but I must say it's boring as hell around here these days.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm signed on, for the first time in 13 months.
For years, the Ledge was the BEST place on the net. Seriously. I absolutely LOVED this place. It was my home.

But, I was temporarily banned, along with a bunch of others, on 3/26/2007, for putting a picture of a horse's back side, in my signature. I chose to not return, and haven't, until now, just to say goodbye.
So, many Ledgies became friends. Really close friends. Friends bigger than the Ledge. More important than the Ledge.

I think the modding has gotten so out of control. Only certain people get the rules applied to them. Others slide through, with NO repercussions. The carte blanche, given to certain people, has ruined the Ledge, in my opinion. And it seems the modding is mainly directed at this fairly large group of friends, making sure it keeps them under control.
You know, a few days ago, I was reunited with Gerald, on the new board that just started. God, I didn't realize how much I missed so many of you people. More than words can say. And while I'm sure not everyone will join the new board, I sure hope a select group of you do.
I honestly do, wish all of you, the best, throughout your lives. Best of luck, and goodbye,
David
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People have formed friendships.
friendships that appear to be built on tension. tension is definitely something I tend to lean from. whatever floats a boat I suppose...but for me there are better things to do with friends than grip on the ledge or anything else for that matter...particularly over time.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So who was the person that was permanantly banned?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
So who was the person that was permanantly banned?
You...didn't you get the message