Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Aagh, I'm so frustrated... I bought a ticket for Lindsey's show months ago, and it was way in the back, like row X I think, yet somehow when I checked ticketmaster today, they have much better tickets now. I don't understand it at all! Does anyone know if ticketmaster does upgrades? I don't want 2 tickets but I want to be closer. Any suggestions?
Yes Ticketmaster will upgrade you. Same thing happened to me for Buck/McVie. I upgraded to seats 10 rows closer that were the same price. I called them and got the electronic upgrade that they emailed me. Should not be a problem.
Show is amazing. Get as close as you can.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes Ticketmaster will upgrade you. Same thing happened to me for Buck/McVie. I upgraded to seats 10 rows closer that were the same price. I called them and got the electronic upgrade that they emailed me. Should not be a problem.
Show is amazing. Get as close as you can.
Thanks Macfan, but unfortunately I bought my ticket from the venue itself, so I can't upgrade through Ticketmaster for that reason
Old 11-26-2018, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Macfan, but unfortunately I bought my ticket from the venue itself, so I can't upgrade through Ticketmaster for that reason
Did you call the theater and ask to switch? It hurts no one. Some of these seats will not be sold so I see no reason to let someone who purchased a ticket switch.
But I know.....rules are rules. Good grief did anyone ever think there would be a positive thing about Ticketmaster
Old 11-27-2018, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Doing What I Can

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-27-2018, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rodeo in 2 parts -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-27-2018, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thank you! BLISS.

Watching this, I remembered again how pertinent many of the lyrics of Down On Rodeo are to the current situation re he and Stevie. At the show I attended, my mind had been 99% on Lindsey, not Stevie/FM, so it hadn't crossed my mind at all.

I also love the slightly "off" note at 0:39 of Part 1 (not musically off per se, but certainly different to the recording and probably not intentional)--it's definitely him playing it.

I managed to get a fairly nice recording of the opening bars of this song at Birmingham (will try to make it available eventually, even though it's just a snippet), but didn't record the whole thing because I wanted to just be there in the moment. I'm rather regretting that now, but thankfully videos like this are available.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course Rodeo isn't written about Stevie though.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
either one works. i think Basil has a bar too. thanks for looking them up!
hope some managed to meet up?!

we were late to Basil's, came a bit bofre 7 for dinner. too cramped for time. there were so many people at the show who i knew just through social media and had no idea how they look, ended up meeting with some but sorry to have missed so many others!

Old 11-27-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where is your review
We are waiting
Old 11-27-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Where is your review
We are waiting
LOL it's here at last!

First off, I have to thank Hawkeye... he was unable to make it to the show due to inclement weather, so he graciously left his 2nd row ticket for me at the box office. What a nice thing to do! Although I was disappointed he couldn't make it, as I was looking forward to meeting him, it was so classy of him to let me use his ticket. Thank you so much, Hawkeye!

Second, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet elle or any other Ledgies who may have been there. Not having internet access the entire time, I was unable to get on the Ledge. I should have given my phone number in a PM, but I didn't think far enough in advance to do that.

The concert was incredible. I had such a great time. I was so close, I could have gone up and strummed Lindsey's guitar during Go Your Own Way, but I didn't Not sure why, I guess I was a little intimidated.

The band was stellar, especially the bassist. I forgot his name, I think it was Francisco Pol or something like that. He and the whole band provided fantastic support to Lindsey, with some great background vocals, too. Better than what I expected, really. But that bassist was really awesome.

I loved the simple stage- great lights with a fog machine; what can I say, I've always been a sucker for a fog machine! It really created a great mood, or as Lindsey might say, a great vibe!

Lindsey rocked the house. A lot of musical highlights, but my favorites were mostly songs I didn't think I would like so much live. I wasn't a big fan of Go Insane, but live, it sounded great! Slow Dancing I found creepy when it first came out, for some reason- maybe it was the video, I don't know. But live, it sounded perfect and not creepy at all! Another surprise was I Must Go- again, this song was so much better live. Don't Look Down, Surrender the Rain, Holiday Road, and Down on Rodeo were also highlights for me. As far as his performance, I was a little surprised at how stationary he was. When I had seen him with Fleetwood Mac, he roamed the stage, but on his own, he stayed planted for a majority of the show. My guess is, since he's singing lead on every song, he has to stay by the Mike, or maybe it's because the stage is smaller, or maybe he's just getting older. Whatever the reason, it wasn't a problem, just something that surprised me. I loved it when he came closer to the audience and encouraged folks to come up front. Very nice.

Lindsey was very gracious and seemed really pleased by the crowd. He even seemed surprised by our love and affection, almost overwhelmed. The crowd was great. I have to say, in a theater that size, I can understand both sides of the "standing vs sitting" controversy. I was in the second row, with a perfect view, but there were two people who stood up in the row ahead of me, and wouldn't you know it- the girl standing completely blocked my view of Lindsey. I mean, completely! And the guy 2 seats down from her who also stood was blocking the people behind him. Between songs, some people said something very loudly and the guy sat down. A difficult situation. Fortunately, the girl who blocked my view did so for just 2 songs- the other times, I was either standing along with most of the crowd, or she sat down.

The fans I spoke to were all really nice and friendly. The guy next to me was exceptionally nice, he was very enthusiastic and fun to talk to. It was nice to be able to geek out with other like-minded people! He was an experienced concert goer but had never seen Lindsey live before. In fact, everyone I spoke to said this was their first time seeing Lindsey, and judging from their reactions during the concert, it won't be their last time.

If you're on the fence about seeing Lindsey, here's my advice- GO SEE HIM! You will love it!
Old 11-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the review.

Quote:
In fact, everyone I spoke to said this was their first time seeing Lindsey, and judging from their reactions during the concert, it won't be their last time.
That's interesting, and great!
I suppose they meant Lindsey solo as opposed to in Fleetwood Mac?
It would be very cool if people went who had never seen him before full stop!

Agreed about Frederico!
(But not agreed about your new name for him--LOL)
Old 11-27-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
LOL it's here at last!

First off, I have to thank Hawkeye... he was unable to make it to the show due to inclement weather, so he graciously left his 2nd row ticket for me at the box office. What a nice thing to do! Although I was disappointed he couldn't make it, as I was looking forward to meeting him, it was so classy of him to let me use his ticket. Thank you so much, Hawkeye!

Second, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet elle or any other Ledgies who may have been there. Not having internet access the entire time, I was unable to get on the Ledge. I should have given my phone number in a PM, but I didn't think far enough in advance to do that.

The concert was incredible. I had such a great time. I was so close, I could have gone up and strummed Lindsey's guitar during Go Your Own Way, but I didn't Not sure why, I guess I was a little intimidated.

The band was stellar, especially the bassist. I forgot his name, I think it was Francisco Pol or something like that. He and the whole band provided fantastic support to Lindsey, with some great background vocals, too. Better than what I expected, really. But that bassist was really awesome.

I loved the simple stage- great lights with a fog machine; what can I say, I've always been a sucker for a fog machine! It really created a great mood, or as Lindsey might say, a great vibe!

Lindsey rocked the house. A lot of musical highlights, but my favorites were mostly songs I didn't think I would like so much live. I wasn't a big fan of Go Insane, but live, it sounded great! Slow Dancing I found creepy when it first came out, for some reason- maybe it was the video, I don't know. But live, it sounded perfect and not creepy at all! Another surprise was I Must Go- again, this song was so much better live. Don't Look Down, Surrender the Rain, Holiday Road, and Down on Rodeo were also highlights for me. As far as his performance, I was a little surprised at how stationary he was. When I had seen him with Fleetwood Mac, he roamed the stage, but on his own, he stayed planted for a majority of the show. My guess is, since he's singing lead on every song, he has to stay by the Mike, or maybe it's because the stage is smaller, or maybe he's just getting older. Whatever the reason, it wasn't a problem, just something that surprised me. I loved it when he came closer to the audience and encouraged folks to come up front. Very nice.

Lindsey was very gracious and seemed really pleased by the crowd. He even seemed surprised by our love and affection, almost overwhelmed. The crowd was great. I have to say, in a theater that size, I can understand both sides of the "standing vs sitting" controversy. I was in the second row, with a perfect view, but there were two people who stood up in the row ahead of me, and wouldn't you know it- the girl standing completely blocked my view of Lindsey. I mean, completely! And the guy 2 seats down from her who also stood was blocking the people behind him. Between songs, some people said something very loudly and the guy sat down. A difficult situation. Fortunately, the girl who blocked my view did so for just 2 songs- the other times, I was either standing along with most of the crowd, or she sat down.

The fans I spoke to were all really nice and friendly. The guy next to me was exceptionally nice, he was very enthusiastic and fun to talk to. It was nice to be able to geek out with other like-minded people! He was an experienced concert goer but had never seen Lindsey live before. In fact, everyone I spoke to said this was their first time seeing Lindsey, and judging from their reactions during the concert, it won't be their last time.

If you're on the fence about seeing Lindsey, here's my advice- GO SEE HIM! You will love it!
wow, so glad you had such a great experience - and how awesome from Hawkeye to leave you his 2nd row ticket!

i'm so relieved you didn't end up looking for us, because i felt so bad about missing you - you originally stipulated going in the first place by having some people you know there. so i'm taking all the creditr for you going and i'm loving this so much!!

re Lindsey being much more at his mic at solo shows - yeah, as you said since he sings the lead on every song, and cannot carery mic around since he needs his hands for playing, he's kinda stuck in place while he sings, and moves just in between. on OMS tour he was even more stationary, at least at first, since he was the only person on stage and had to do everything himself (other than Stan of course!). on the other hand, from videos i've seen of OOTC tour, he was completely all over the place and young, high and crazy then, so i'm sure however in shape he is being sober and older has to play some role too.

that stage was weird yesterday. apparently where that lower stage was originally a pit but then for this event got filled as a lower stage. normally at LB solo shows he's as close to the audience as the end of that lower pit was, so he interacts way more than he did yesterday, because he's closer and can see everyone. when he's this deep into the stage the lights are in his eyes too much to be able to catch people's eyes.

too bad you didn't go strum! it is something - always such incerdible experience. and that was another weird thing yesterday, with that lower stage, and then apparently LB's people gave the instructions to the seccurity that he will come down to that lower stage / covered pit for people to strum during GYOW but the message venue security somehow received was that he will go into the crowd during the encores. so they brought extra security and blocked the access to the stage during GYOW which was the weirest thing i've ever seen at LB show! and he had to make extra efforts to get people to actually approach the stage and strum - as you describe above. normally he covers the stage on all sides for people to be able to strum, but yesterday he couldn't... either way, he / his people can never get that messaging straight it seems!

Old 11-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Thanks for the review.

That's interesting, and great!
I suppose they meant Lindsey solo as opposed to in Fleetwood Mac?
It would be very cool if people went who had never seen him before full stop!

Agreed about Frederico!
(But not agreed about your new name for him--LOL)
Federico.

yes. the guy who was telling us about Lindsey's concurrent tour plans, together with Rick Turner, back when many here were claiming how that's all made up and insisting on sources even though that was all on public facebook pages.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
on the other hand, from videos i've seen of OOTC tour, he was completely all over the place and young, high and crazy then, so i'm sure however in shape he is being sober and older has to play some role too.
Yes--it might also just be that he's more "centered" now, in every respect.
And definitely focusing more now on perfectly modulated vocal execution, as opposed to the more screechy, livewire vocals of OOTC.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default All about that bass

Quote:
Federico.
Doh. Thanks.