User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm totally confused... What's the difference between the Expanded and Deluxe versions? And which one are we pre-ordering on Amazon? To me it sounded like there's 5 discs but then I read more and it talks about the track listing for 10 Discs? Can someone explain this to someone who's brain is clearly not working? Thanks!
The DELUXE EDITION delves deep into the vaults with five CDs including the remastered original album, an alternate version of the complete album made up of session outtakes, most of which have never been released, as well as an additional selection of singles, demos and remixes, including an outtake of “Think About Me,” an early version of “That’s Enough For Me” called “Out On The Road,” plus several incarnations of “I Know I’m Not Wrong.”
Also included are two discs loaded with 22 unreleased performances from the band’s 1979 Tusk tour with selections from concerts in London, Tucson, and St. Louis. It includes live versions of album tracks like “Sara, “Over And Over” and “Save Me A Place,” as well as favorites like “Landslide,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Rhiannon,” “Don’t Stop” and “Go Your Own Way.”
Completing the Deluxe Edition is a 5.1 surround mix of Tusk on DVD-Audio and vinyl of the original album on 2-LPs. The collection comes housed in an elegant box reminiscent of the acclaimed Rumours Deluxe Edition with a booklet that has extended liner notes that feature new interviews with all the band members.

So, the Deluxe is:
*Tusk CD, Remastered
*Tusk CD, Alternate
*Tusk CD, Singles/Outtakes/Rarities
*Tusk CD, Live disc 1
*Tusk CD, Live disc 2
*Tusk DVD, 5.1 surround sound version
*Tusk 2LP, vinyl

The EXPANDED EDITION features 3 CDs including the remastered original album, an alternate version of the complete album made up of session outtakes, most of which have never been released, as well as an additional selection of singles, demos and remixes, including an outtake of “Think About Me,” an early version of “That’s Enough For Me” called “Out On The Road,” plus several incarnations of “I Know I’m Not Wrong.

The expanded is:
*Tusk CD, Remastered
*Tusk CD, Alternate

https://www.spincds.com/blog/2015/10...nded-editions/
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 11-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

new article on TUSK deluxe. plus, NEW LIVE "Tusk"
http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...-song-premiere

It's not that different is it? (just some weird extra background noises and a cool mix)

Last edited by deribish; 11-19-2015 at 02:30 PM..
Old 11-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
The DELUXE EDITION delves deep into the vaults with five CDs including the remastered original album, an alternate version of the complete album made up of session outtakes, most of which have never been released, as well as an additional selection of singles, demos and remixes, including an outtake of “Think About Me,” an early version of “That’s Enough For Me” called “Out On The Road,” plus several incarnations of “I Know I’m Not Wrong.”
Also included are two discs loaded with 22 unreleased performances from the band’s 1979 Tusk tour with selections from concerts in London, Tucson, and St. Louis. It includes live versions of album tracks like “Sara, “Over And Over” and “Save Me A Place,” as well as favorites like “Landslide,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Rhiannon,” “Don’t Stop” and “Go Your Own Way.”
Completing the Deluxe Edition is a 5.1 surround mix of Tusk on DVD-Audio and vinyl of the original album on 2-LPs. The collection comes housed in an elegant box reminiscent of the acclaimed Rumours Deluxe Edition with a booklet that has extended liner notes that feature new interviews with all the band members.

So, the Deluxe is:
*Tusk CD, Remastered
*Tusk CD, Alternate
*Tusk CD, Live disc 1
*Tusk CD, Live disc 2
*Tusk DVD, 5.1 surround sound version
*Tusk 2LP, vinyl

The EXPANDED EDITION features 3 CDs including the remastered original album, an alternate version of the complete album made up of session outtakes, most of which have never been released, as well as an additional selection of singles, demos and remixes, including an outtake of “Think About Me,” an early version of “That’s Enough For Me” called “Out On The Road,” plus several incarnations of “I Know I’m Not Wrong.

The expanded is:
*Tusk CD, Remastered
*Tusk CD, Alternate

https://www.spincds.com/blog/2015/10...nded-editions/

Ok, Thank you so much! I don't know why that was so confusing to me!!!! lol
Old 11-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
Ok, Thank you so much! I don't know why that was so confusing to me!!!! lol
you can also order all the same stuff as on 5 CDs for deluxe but as MP3 for $37.99 - someone posted this link much earlier in this thread http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you can also order all the same stuff as on 5 CDs for deluxe but as MP3 for $37.99 -
Don't do it!!!
MP3's say what? You'll miss the reason
this set was released.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Don't do it!!!
this set was released
what, WB to make some extra money?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Junior Ledgie

Recieved notification today from JB Hi FI that the Australian release has been delayed until 11th December.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

Australia! Listen to an exclusive and unreleased alternate version of ‘Tusk’, taken from the upcoming Tusk releases via Rhythms Magazine.
https://rhythms.com.au/news/fleetwoo...e-tusk-stream/
Old 11-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Don't do it!!!
this set was released.
My thoughts exactly.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what, WB to make some extra money?
exactly!

10 characters
Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks 2016 View Post
Australia! Listen to an exclusive and unreleased alternate version of ‘Tusk’, taken from the upcoming Tusk releases via Rhythms Magazine.
https://rhythms.com.au/news/fleetwoo...e-tusk-stream/
The 'Buck Going Mental' -version.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Yep.

I'm going to buy Elle the mp3's for Christmas.

And to think in 2015 I'll finally have pristine vinyl of
the Mac's Tusk. Yes!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:33 PM
Ledgie

Hey there, does anybody know if the "Sisters Of The Moon" remix on disc two is the same as the single version which appeared on the 2004 Tusk remaster?
Old 11-24-2015, 03:52 AM
Junior Ledgie

I dont know , fingers crossed its different and the live version is kick ass !
Old 11-24-2015, 10:17 AM

Ultimate Classic Rock has included the Tusk reissue among the reissues of the year:

Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards
From Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin to Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen, the idea behind 2015’s best reissues was to grab a classic album or period (say, Springsteen’s classic The River album from 1980) and add a whole bunch of outtakes, alternate versions and live cuts from the era to document the process of the making of the LP (the Boss even included the original single-record version of the album).

Fleetwood Mac, 'Tusk: Deluxe Edition'
Fleetwood Mac's double-LP 1979 classic is expanded to five CDs with an alternate version of the entire album, demos, outtakes and live performances from the 1979-80 tour.

Read More: Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...ckback=tsmclip