User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Unless John had some reason to be unhappy with Lindsey too--but that seems to be clutching at straws.
Was Christine genuinely unhappy with LB too....I doubt it.... Although Mick and Stevie have probably made her unhappy now, or maybe it's just guilt she feels
Old 08-06-2018, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Awkward

Quote:
not in the same places, I hope (laughs).
Is that a nervous bead of sweat I see dripping from the brow of the Stevie Micks symbiot?
Old 08-06-2018, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

All of you are smarter than this.

If Stevie is unhappy with Lindsey. Stevie wont record with the Mac. Stevie wont tour with the Mac.

The Mac makes more money with Stevie than Lindsey

$imple $olution in their minds

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-06-2018 at 05:11 AM..
Old 08-06-2018, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That mother f'r. Like it was all LBs fault. COME ON we know tambourine b/witch is a bitter old hag now and pushed his buttons just as much as he did her. SHE bashed him all the time in interviews the last couple of years and he didn't. So we know that they chose her over him because of the $. F the lot of them.
What.you.said.

ALL Dick cares about is $$$$. $tevie Nick$ makes him more $$$$.

$tevie and Dick are made for each other. Old drama whore$.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You folks must live in an alternate reality or something. In what world do 3 other people who have been in a band together for 40 years just immediately go against one of its band mates just because of something ONE person supposedly suggested? All of these people have plenty of money to live out their days and are not shy or mute.

Christine or John would have spoken up by now and refused to participate in this tour if Lindsey DIDN'T DO SOMETHING TO DESERVE THIS! Get a grip!

What's next? Stevie is responsible for global warming? Oh I am sorry. You probably don't believe that is real either.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hate to break it to you, but there is no loyalty in this band ESPECIALLY when large chunks of money are at risk. There is no alternate reality.

There are quotes about threatening to replace Lindsey with (I think) Pete Townsend of The Who dating back to 1981.

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING stops a big money making cash grab tour for Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Hate to break it to you, but there is no loyalty in this band ESPECIALLY when large chunks of money are at risk. There is no alternate reality.

There are quotes about threatening to replace Lindsey with (I think) Pete Townsend of The Who dating back to 1981.

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING stops a big money making cash grab tour for Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks.
That's the reality. She's become about pleasing her mgmt, agents, and the big corporate machine. There's not room for Lindsey and the creative process.

His desire to keep Fleetwood Mac a creative force has been extinguished. $he and Mick are all about $$$. And that's the bottom line. Pun intended.

It's their Fleetwood Mac now. Cash Cow.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

I have a very sweet and lovely home but my place hasn’t got much wall space -- but I keep buying art. I go to my own gallery and I said, “Oh I want one of those.”
avarice. [av-er-is] Synonyms Examples Word Origin. insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth. mick fleetwood.

minimalist. not mick fleetwood.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

So ask yourself...why is it always Lindsey that is threatened to being replaced? I am sure he is just a well rounded, respectful team player who is open to others ideas and suggestions. LOL
Old 08-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

So ask yourself...why is it always Lindsey that is threatened to being replaced? I am sure he is just a well rounded, respectful team player who is open to others ideas and suggestions. LOL
Old 08-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL why is Lindsey always threatened to be replaced? Because he's really the only one in the band that cared about and looked after the artistic integrity of the band and what they produce.

I started to draft a list to support this statement, but I'm not going to do the homework for you. After 600 something posts, you should probably know the dynamics of this band.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where is the intrepid reporter who is going to ask/aknowledge: “you all recorded an album together last year. Stevie didn’t participate. Chris and Linda went on tour together. Were you all unhappy then?”

This is madness.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aka they could of cashed in on a boatload of money by replacing Christine with Sheryl Crow and who was the only one who spoke up and said maybe this isn't the best idea both musically and artistically? - Lindsey.

Now they can release all the greatest hits/50th anniversary crap they want and spend their last active years being a parody of themselves.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't blame John for anything. I think he has always just gone along with whatever Mick says. He's not going to change that pattern at this point, even if he does think sacking Lindsey is a stupid move. He just wants to play his bass and stay out of the drama.

Christine's role in this is more complicated. After the creative and emotional success of BuckVie last year (the album was great, the tour was fun), she must be feeling that she's lost her real musical partner. The one who made everything work, both in the studio and on the road. So why didn't she take his side, put her foot down, leave the band? We'll never know for sure, but I'm sure it has something to do with her longstanding friendships and lifelong shared histories with Mick and John. She is good friends with John, and Mick was the one who stayed in touch with her during her retirement and helped her get on that first airplane flight. Despite his obvious greed and the undeniable fact that he puts money ahead of creativity, he's not all bad as a human being. I'm sure she both gets along with him on a personal level and feels that she owes him a debt of gratitude for his help during the time she rejoined the band. (Plus, who knows if there are "contractual obligations.")

I realize that this reads as if I'm trying to defend Christine. I'm really not; I wish she'd done something to defend Lindsey, other than looking really uncomfortable in interviews. But I can see the complexity of the situation, from her viewpoint.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
LOL why is Lindsey always threatened to be replaced? Because he's really the only one in the band that cared about and looked after the artistic integrity of the band and what they produce.

I started to draft a list to support this statement, but I'm not going to do the homework for you. After 600 something posts, you should probably know the dynamics of this band.
Because his artistic vision impedes with $$tevie$$MICK$. And that's really the reason.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-06-2018 at 10:10 AM..