Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
TITN doesn't sound dated at all to me. I'm listening to it now. It sounds fantastic, especially dialed up real loud. TISL is a classic Stevie solo record. There was life after BD, at least for me, concerning Stevie solo. Yes, and I think Lindsey won, because he found it. If you find "it", you have won the game.
I listened to Tango on Thursday and every single track sounds amazing. I played it really loud on a hi fi system with a nice woofer.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
STFU David and go work on your ¢ sign.
Thank for saying it so I didn't have to. TITN is an amazing album. Despite, $tevie's rather small contributions.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I agree, TITN is not a badly dated album.
Yes, it reflects the decade it is from, but not in a bad way.
It is a classic masterpiece of pop/rock.
Lindsey's production is beyond perfection on it.
Yeah, RAL is dated, but there are quite a few songs that are not, such as the title track(I love the guitar in it)," "Imperial Hotel," "No spoken word," and the ballad "Has anyone ever written anything for you," is timeless.
"TOSOTM," is a bit dated, but "Rooms on Fire,' "Long way to go," "Ooh my love," and "Alice," are great songs.
TISL is a classic Stevie solo album for sure.
I never get tired of it.
In regards to Lindsey solo, I never understood why "Out of the cradle," didn't sell. That album is a masterpiece and should have won a Grammy, IMO.
It really pissed me off that radio didn't embrace that album.
Agree 100%... what's crazy is.. There are days I like RAL
Old 08-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thank for saying it so I didn't have to. TITN is an amazing album. Despite, $tevie's rather small contributions.
#rude

$tevie lover!
Old 08-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tango “could’ve” been right up there with Tusk and Rumours but fails miserably from a few song choices. After the reissue from last Year I’m way more angry at whoever was behind the Moranic song choices. Until that reissue I just chalked that all yo to Stevie’s rehab and not being present enough. But now that I know that Julie, ooh my love and Joan of Arc ( what a missed oppurtunity, this could’ve been the gold Dust Woman of tango)

I’m not making any accusations on who’s fault this is. My first instinct is to blame Lindsey since he is the be all end all of Fleetwood Mac’s sound even before he was the band I guess? But who knows, maybe Stevie demanded her rehab song (WTTR Sara) make the cut, I don’t know l. But if Lindsey was behind
These song choices he looses a lot of credibility with me as deserving credits for g ithe bands sound. But again I just don’t know. And While Stevie’s songs are the most phghgzzling to me I also feel Where we Beong is onr of the best songs on the albu. If it had made the cut. Should’ve taken the place of You and I.

As th album stands I think it makes an incredible EP if you take the first 5 songs then it’s useless to me.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Tango “could’ve” been right up there with Tusk and Rumours but fails miserably from a few song choices. After the reissue from last Year I’m way more angry at whoever was behind the Moranic song choices. Until that reissue I just chalked that all yo to Stevie’s rehab and not being present enough. But now that I know that Julie, ooh my love and Joan of Arc ( what a missed oppurtunity, this could’ve been the gold Dust Woman of tango)

I’m not making any accusations on who’s fault this is. My first instinct is to blame Lindsey since he is the be all end all of Fleetwood Mac’s sound even before he was the band I guess? But who knows, maybe Stevie demanded her rehab song (WTTR Sara) make the cut, I don’t know l. But if Lindsey was behind
These song choices he looses a lot of credibility with me as deserving credits for g ithe bands sound. But again I just don’t know. And While Stevie’s songs are the most phghgzzling to me I also feel Where we Beong is onr of the best songs on the albu. If it had made the cut. Should’ve taken the place of You and I.

As th album stands I think it makes an incredible EP if you take the first 5 songs then it’s useless to me.

If Book Of Miracles/Juliet had been finished and Oh My love had been refined closer to how it ended up a few years later and WTFSara had been dropped as well as one of the weirder LB songs, Tango would have been a mich more approachable album 30+ years later. As is only one Stevie song is listenable. christines songs are all great except Mystified.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Wow even Little Lies That song might contain their biggest hook ever and that is saying something considering Rumours and Fleetwood Mac 1975 were pretty much non stop hooks.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
WTFSara
Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
#rude

$tevie lover!
$he has a solo success AND took over Fleetwood Mac.. What's not to love.?

Don't knock her.. $he's 24KarenGold
Old 08-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$he has a solo success AND took over Fleetwood Mac.. What's not to love.?

Don't knock her.. $he's 24KarenGold
$he ruined FM.

I'd like to punch that that Karen right in her piehole. No one in the band should have to listen to her. I hate her far more than $tevie.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:52 PM
jbrownsjr
This message has been deleted by jbrownsjr.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those saying that we shouldn't be upset because FM has had many members.

Peter Green was a member of FM for LESS then 3 years.
Bob Welch for 4 years.
Lindsey Buckingham was a member of FM for 33 years.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But the statistics are skewed. When Green and Welch were in Fleetwood Mac they were working, recording, touring. For the 30-40 years of the Rumours generation, they were mostly not working for Fleetwood Mac; instead, they were pretty much resting on their laurels.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
But the statistics are skewed. When Green and Welch were in Fleetwood Mac they were working, recording, touring. For the 30-40 years of the Rumours generation, they were mostly not working for Fleetwood Mac; instead, they were pretty much resting on their laurels.

via GIPHY

Ohh I'm not a math guy but you're going to make me do it anyways....

White Album - let's say 6 months recording and another 6 months touring/promoting

Rumours - we all know it took a year to make and they spent about a year touring it

Tusk - Solid year to make and another solid year on the road

So thats 5 years right there....

Mirage....I believe this is slightly less than a year...we'll say 9 months, plus a short tour of 3 months. 1 year total.

Dance Tour - april through january - 9 months.

Say You Will (complain a year after the fact) - a year to record and a year on the road

'09 "Benign" Tour - a year including rehearsals

2013 Stevie and Lindsey Love Boat Tour - 8 months

2014/2015 Christine Shatters The Nicks Ego - A year.

That's 11 years and 5 months of touring and recording. Doesn't even compare to the time put in by Welch or Green, no offense to them.

Edit: I left out the time Lindsey spent recording tango and the EP. So add even more time to the total.

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-14-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Old 08-14-2018, 10:05 AM

^^^ $tevie has an ego?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^ $tevie has an ego?

via GIPHY