The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I do think the band should immediately take SHN, MM, GOYW out of the setlist.
Begs the question, I’ve been thinking about it since yesterday’s news broke, do you think they do pull the songs out of the set list? Either way, would speak volumes. I am asking because I am genuinely curious as to people’s views too, don’t want to open a can of worms as to why “insert name” is an awful human being and deserves every bad thing he/she has coming to them. Honestly wanting to know what fans think
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-12-2018, 01:35 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,410
Default

Maybe we should do a new topic for that.

They never should have put those in there in the first place, IMHO. They are just reminding people that Lindsey is gone when Neil attempts to sing those songs. I guess they felt four older and relatively obscure songs were enough, though, and the rest of the male leads are Lindsey's, so they went there (though perhaps a cover like Blue Letter would have been a better idea than songs Lindsey wrote about Stevie).

Plus, if their strategy is to pretend like this isn't happening, then they'll keep them in.

My guess is that we won't see a change.
__________________
- Nancy


Last edited by sodascouts : 10-12-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Maybe we should do a new topic for that.

They never should have put those in there in the first place, IMHO. They are just reminding people that Lindsey is gone when Neil attempts to sing those songs. I guess they felt four older and relatively obscure songs were enough, though, and the rest of the male leads are Lindsey's, so they went there (though perhaps a cover like Blue Letter would have been a better idea than songs Lindsey wrote about Stevie).

Plus, if their strategy is to pretend like this isn't happening, then they'll keep them in.

My guess is that we won't see a change.
I agree - never should have been in there.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 190
Default

I will say that regardless of winner/loser in this mess, Lindsey has played this beautifully. Making this public right at the start of both of their tours and when Stevie hall of fame nomination is announced (although he may not have known about that).

His timing is perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Maybe we should do a new topic for that.

They never should have put those in there in the first place, IMHO. They are just reminding people that Lindsey is gone when Neil attempts to sing those songs. I guess they felt four older and relatively obscure songs were enough, though, and the rest of the male leads are Lindsey's, so they went there (though perhaps a cover like Blue Letter would have been a better idea than songs Lindsey wrote about Stevie).

Plus, if their strategy is to pretend like this isn't happening, then they'll keep them in.

My guess is that we won't see a change.
I agree, I think they will stay there as well. (mainly due to to the fact that set lists don't seem to change much with this crew once a tour starts) I wish they weren't playing them because that is three more slots that could have been filled with something cool we hadn't heard before or hadn't heard in a long time, but it is what it is; they weren't going to have a perfectly competent male singer and only use him for back-up and duets.

Last edited by Feather Blade : 10-12-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:45 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Without even hearing both sides! So exciting!!
Well, we already know they've perjured themselves. Lied about why they were going on without Lindsey. Then it turned out to be some other sensibilities that came into play. Lindsey smirked at me. We(Stevie) are unhappy. We've come to an impasse. Money rules! **** the guy who was instrumental in getting us here. We'll bring in my good friend Neil and Stevie's good friend Mike. **** Lindsey! They've been on trial for over 6 months now. The jury has a good handle on what's going on. What, 63-7 now. That's pretty indicative on the sentiments of where the fans' hearts lie.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:05 AM
SorcererJP SorcererJP is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Begs the question, I’ve been thinking about it since yesterday’s news broke, do you think they do pull the songs out of the set list? Either way, would speak volumes. I am asking because I am genuinely curious as to people’s views too, don’t want to open a can of worms as to why “insert name” is an awful human being and deserves every bad thing he/she has coming to them. Honestly wanting to know what fans think
Isn't it so that Don Felder wrote the main part of the famous guitar solo in Hotel California? They will get booed when they won't play that !!

Same goes for songs like GOYW, these are concert-staples they ought to play! no matter who's in the band. They did that in 1988, 1990 and 1994 as well. No problems with that back then. Ok, don't try to impersonate the acoustic Big Love ... that's too much.

I'm on neither side BTW. Who should I choose? I choose for the music. This law-suit isn't about who's side your on or being in or out Fleetwood Mac, it's simply a conflict about employment aka MONEY !! And that makes him as greedy as the majority overhere thinks about Mick and/or Stevie ...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:21 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Tambourine b/witch will probably make up some awful lie.
Then she’d be committing perjury, I think.
It’s one thing making up stories and bending the truth for the press.
But this is now going to the courts.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:46 AM
estranged4life's Avatar
estranged4life estranged4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Mannford, OK
Posts: 13,894
Exclamation I've been away...

for awhile and did not know anything about a lawsuit until I saw about it on NBC this morning...Interesting.
__________________

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

I love my wife Alisa Garbuz-Johnson...Goofy Russian with a great sense of style, humor and music!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:52 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Well, we already know they've perjured themselves. Lied about why they were going on without Lindsey. Then it turned out to be some other sensibilities that came into play. Lindsey smirked at me. We(Stevie) are unhappy. We've come to an impasse. Money rules! **** the guy who was instrumental in getting us here. We'll bring in my good friend Neil and Stevie's good friend Mike. **** Lindsey! They've been on trial for over 6 months now. The jury has a good handle on what's going on. What, 63-7 now. That's pretty indicative on the sentiments of where the fans' hearts lie.
To be clear, they didn't perjure themselves... they weren't under oath when they were interviewed. There's a world of difference. They also made it very clear they weren't going to badmouth Lindsey and were deliberately vague about specific details during their interviews. They could have mentioned the so-called smirking during the interview and then shown it, but they didn't. With this lawsuit, of course the band will unearth anything to make Lindsey look bad, but then again, Lindsey will do the same thing to make FM look bad.

Wasn't there an odd picture from the MusiCares red carpet where Lindsey posed like Jesus on the cross? That picture seemed very unlike Lindsey, very crass and melodramatic and outrageous, and certainly made me think something major had happened that night between Lindsey and the band. Something more than a smirk set the band off that night, including Lindsey.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-13-2018, 06:52 AM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post

I'm on neither side BTW. Who should I choose? I choose for the music. This law-suit isn't about who's side your on or being in or out Fleetwood Mac, it's simply a conflict about employment aka MONEY !! And that makes him as greedy as the majority overhere thinks about Mick and/or Stevie ...
They are all greedy but Lindsey or anyone else would be hard pressed to be as greedy as Mick. His avarice is so extreme it is cartoonish.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-13-2018, 07:56 AM
lennonfan lennonfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 265
Default

so essentially 9 out of 10 are on Team Lindsey, ya kinda gotta love it
I don't understand why Stevie fans don't think it was selfish of her not to phone in 3 tracks for a Mac record, she never even had to say boo to Lindsey since the handlers could have handled it all...give him 3 tracks, let him take 15 or so passes at it, choose 1 or hybrid a couple, whatever...and be done with it.
It would have thrilled millions of Mac fans and they would have gone out so well. I think it's also possible her well has run dry. BuckVie was a nice album and it would have worked as a Mac record with her breath on a few vocals. Just selfish behavior that has been apparent for several years now. I like Stevie, but feel she's behaved badly. I also understand she's mourning a few folks, so I have some understanding there too. All this sounds so unpleasant for everyone involved.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-13-2018, 09:00 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Default

Lindsey is a pretty private person. For him to go to this length speaks volumes. He was wronged and tried and tried to talk to them and got nothing back.

After 40 years of working together and friendship and my goodness, what he and Stevie once were to each other. He finally came out swinging. Good for him. It's time for the curtain to be drawn back.

I hate it's come to this. Very sad.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
Isn't it so that Don Felder wrote the main part of the famous guitar solo in Hotel California? They will get booed when they won't play that !!

Same goes for songs like GOYW, these are concert-staples they ought to play! no matter who's in the band. They did that in 1988, 1990 and 1994 as well. No problems with that back then. Ok, don't try to impersonate the acoustic Big Love ... that's too much.

I'm on neither side BTW. Who should I choose? I choose for the music. This law-suit isn't about who's side your on or being in or out Fleetwood Mac, it's simply a conflict about employment aka MONEY !! And that makes him as greedy as the majority overhere thinks about Mick and/or Stevie ...
If you think the lawsuit is only about money you are being naive. Lindsey is filthy rich. He doesn’t need it. He is hurt. He shaped the music and made these people stars and he is neither the leader of the band or the star of the band. However, he is the talent of the band and gets NO respect. Stevie is totally petty and Mick is the one who cares about money.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-13-2018, 10:13 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
If you think the lawsuit is only about money you are being naive. Lindsey is filthy rich. He doesn’t need it. He is hurt. He shaped the music and made these people stars and he is neither the leader of the band or the star of the band. However, he is the talent of the band and gets NO respect. Stevie is totally petty and Mick is the one who cares about money.
THIS.IS.IT. He is what made them, and they just throw him under the bus. F*ck them. All four of them.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$265.77
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$119.58
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved