Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Wild Heart - Dressing Room Demo/Outtake

Does anyone have this amazing version in higher quality than youtube video? Did she ever record it this way as a proper demo or outtake? I'd love to have a better copy.

This is the performance I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZbjlKIXY8k
Old 04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thought I'd seen most of the youtube clips but somehow had missed this one til now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPv2nnj3UQI&NR=1
Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Thought I'd seen most of the youtube clips but somehow had missed this one til now:

Can i axe jist one question? Is Stevie Nicks Bootylicious? I don't think she was ever known for her butt...
Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Can i axe jist one question? Is Stevie Nicks Bootylicious? I don't think she was ever known for her butt...
Well, she mostly wears skirts/dresses or nowadays long shirts that cover her booty... so you can't really see!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What sucks is that she's in the actual music video for a split second. Blink and you miss her. Both the director and DC say they're huge Stevie fans and WANTED her in the video...yet they give her 2 seconds, if that.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This has always been my favorite video, since like... EVER!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

What is this from? Of course we've all seen the actual video, but this is great! Why oh why didn't they manage to squeeze in the part at 1:05 when she's flailing around and getting down? Sinful!

Back to the original topic of this thread (NO IDEA how the Bootylicious thing appeared in here, though I welcome it!), I can't help. I'm sure we would have heard a better quality version of the wild heart dressing room demo if it did exist.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenByTheSky23 View Post
What is this from? Of course we've all seen the actual video, but this is great! Why oh why didn't they manage to squeeze in the part at 1:05 when she's flailing around and getting down? Sinful!
its from the making of the Bootylicious video that aired on MTV. the original upload is mine... i edited out all the other stuff and just posted the Stevie part...someone keeps stealing my videos!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
its from the making of the Bootylicious video that aired on MTV. the original upload is mine... i edited out all the other stuff and just posted the Stevie part...someone keeps stealing my videos!
Well, that first video posted here is on my channel, but I didn't steal it from your channel. I bought a load of compilation DVDs from iOffer a while back and have been slowly uploading... everything on my channel is off those dvds, other dvds I've bought or stuff people have given me. If you're saying that you originally made the video, then I'll gladly take it down. I just grabbed the stuff off the dvds I bought and didn't think where they had originated from.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele_belle View Post
Well, that first video posted here is on my channel, but I didn't steal it from your channel. I bought a load of compilation DVDs from iOffer a while back and have been slowly uploading... everything on my channel is off those dvds, other dvds I've bought or stuff people have given me. If you're saying that you originally made the video, then I'll gladly take it down. I just grabbed the stuff off the dvds I bought and didn't think where they had originated from.
no you dont have to take it down...i just keep seeing my videos pop up on other peoples youtube pages. its not just that one on yours. i just assumed people were re-uploading them? i didnt know anything about a dvd from ioffer. so someone is ripping youtube videos and burning them to dvd and selling them on ioffer???? wtf?
but that is def. the video i made from a vhs tape that i filmed with my ipod, thats why the quality is so crappy.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sorry if i came across the wrong way...but when i first uploaded my Secret Love video

that i worked so hard on making...within the first week it was posted, it showed up on 3 other pages. not as a link or a favorite, but posted as the users own video. i had to ask them to please remove my video. so now maybe you can understand where im coming from?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
no you dont have to take it down...i just keep seeing my videos pop up on other peoples youtube pages. its not just that one on yours. i just assumed people were re-uploading them? i didnt know anything about a dvd from ioffer. so someone is ripping youtube videos and burning them to dvd and selling them on ioffer???? wtf?
but that is def. the video i made from a vhs tape that i filmed with my ipod, thats why the quality is so crappy.
Oh, I totally understand. I'd be really pissed if someone took the stuff I'd spent hours ripping and then editing - in fact there's one channel that really peaves me off because they grab stuff from other peoples channels and then plaster their channel name all over it and reupload. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people sharing stuff... the more Stevie stuff we can get uploaded, the more likely it is to get seen, plus I don't own any copyrights, so have no claim to it... but I really object to the watermarks all over the videos.

Anyway, rant over! Yeah, it looks like someone is ripping people off on iOffer... although being in the UK, we don't get that much promo stuff, so it was worth the cost to me.

Great video btw!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Ledgie

Here are slightly higher quality versions of the Wild Heart Dressing Room Demo.

The "full" version begins with Stevie singing a line from "Love In Store" and then going into "Wild Heart" and there is a bit of talking at the end.

The "edit" version begins and ends with the music of just the "Wild Heart" portion.

Both are presented here in lossless WAV file format and 320kb mp3 format. Enjoy!

Wild Heart Dressing Room Demo [Full Version] Lossless WAV format:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwc04ebb47q2vyz

Wild Heart Dressing Room Demo [Full Version] 320kb mp3 format:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?077wte0mc07zvve

Wild Heart Dressing Room Demo [Edit Version] Lossless WAV format:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ryf6s7oi6n2n03n

Wild Heart Dressing Room Demo [Edit Version] 320kb mp3 format:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n46rwghrtg6d4s8
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you ^^^ for the great WAV files. SO unbelievably happy she spoke about this on GDNY..don't think she has ever done so publicly. It's a clip that deserves the attention.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Author Lindsay Hunter offers a music playlist for her short story collection]

http://www.largeheartedboy.com/blog/...es_lind_2.html

"Wild Heart," Stevie Nicks (this version)

"Don't blame me / blame it on my wild heart" is just the kind of thing any of the characters in this collection could holler out the window of a speeding car. Where do these impulses come from? they might wonder. From me, or are they part of my DNA, are they the motor that keeps me alive? I specified this version as opposed to the album version of the song because it is raw and unpolished, and it's clear Stevie has forgotten the lyrics in one part, and all of this means it's imperfect and totally unique, a moment in time that can never be repeated. Which is how I like to approach storytelling. Get the story out and let it be done.