No 58 53.70%
Don’t know 16 14.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Not going to happen.
I agree--- I don't see anything new coming out of them. I am however, very much looking forward to Lindsey's new stuff.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with those who think there will be a new album. Lindsey was the reason she did not want to record, no matter what she said publicly, and now that the problem has been eliminated, from the band’s perspective, why not record?
Old 04-15-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I agree with those who think there will be a new album. Lindsey was the reason she did not want to record, no matter what she said publicly, and now that the problem has been eliminated, from the band’s perspective, why not record?
exactly. and while she didn't want to co-write with Lindsey, her writer's block is not a problem when Mike Campbell is around because he wrote music for her songs all the way from the kickoff of her solo career through her latest solo output.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine must believe it was the right decision, like the other remaining members. Only they truly know what went down. We just know the end result.
or there is a huge corporate pressure behind all of this, if that theory is true, and she just took the easiest path.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine must believe it was the right decision, like the other remaining members. Only they truly know what went down. We just know the end result.
In Chris and John’s cases there’s loyalty involved. To Mick, of course, not to Stevie. Christine just came back after 16 years (I remember the number of years because Stevie couldn’t pass the opportunity of saying it at every concert). She just can’t go away again so soon.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
we are just following your argument. that's the logical conclusion - if their dynamic, airing of which brought them all that huge success in the first place, has become too disruptive for any semblance of a work dynamic in the band, then firing both would make sense.

that's what you are arguing for, but then you somehow conclude that firing Lindsey is good enough.
That's not following my argument to its logical conclusion though. If the problem was that Stevie and Lindsey can't get along and no longer wish to try and that their lack of getting along makes touring miserable for all five of them, you don't need to get rid of both to solve the problem.

Remove one and harmony returns. My natural conclusion is that if you're going to remove one...it's not going to be Stevie Nicks.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I’m there. I was sad/disappointed the day I heard the news but now dealing with real life issues like my mother passing away, and it has put things in perspective. I really think all 5 of the members act like babies and have for years, but life goes on. Karma is a bitch and I have little sympathy for Lindsey. Though I am amused / confused because weren’t so many people here already going to boycott the next tour anyway because it was going to be another cash grab?
First, I'm sorry about your mom.

As for the rest of your post, I agree.

As for the last line, not I! I have no shame about planning to stand out front, wads of cash in hand begging them to TAKE MY MONEY! The passings of Glen Frey and Tom Petty have brought home how time is short, and I'm ready to appreciate seeing my favorites in person at least one more time if I can.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
That's not following my argument to its logical conclusion though. If the problem was that Stevie and Lindsey can't get along and no longer wish to try and that their lack of getting along makes touring miserable for all five of them, you don't need to get rid of both to solve the problem.

Remove one and harmony returns. My natural conclusion is that if you're going to remove one...it's not going to be Stevie Nicks.
Liking your logic, here.....
Old 04-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
In Chris and John’s cases there’s loyalty involved. To Mick, of course, not to Stevie. Christine just came back after 16 years (I remember the number of years because Stevie couldn’t pass the opportunity of saying it at every concert). She just can’t go away again so soon.
Loyalty to Mick, true, but she may also have agreed that L. deserved to get the boot. We don’t know for sure what went down until we hear directly from one of these five.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Ever since the death of my mom in 2016 I have felt like I wandered into an alternate reality/timeline that was never meant to happen. This turn of events furthers that belief for me.

Sigh. And if I can help it (and I can)... then I choose not to throw any more of my money at this band.

Last edited by mylittledemon; 04-15-2018 at 10:55 PM..
Old 04-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Telling Mike Campbell he'd have an opportunity to write songs for a Fleetwood Mac album and that he wasn't just being asked to be a glorified touring musician would have made the gig far more enticing to him.

If all the music was written for her by Campbell and she could just overlay her poems about her mother's death and her feelings about Tom etc., plus some old demos to fill it out, I could see Stevie wanting to do it, knowing how it would hurt Lindsey.

Your post right there sums up the very best outcome of this whole situation. This is the purest form of the saying “the Ends Justify the Means” to me. Lindsey released his music solo which makes Sense, since he likes total control over every aspect of his songs. Stevie and the rest of the band love the band atmosphere. Stevie already cowrites frequently with MC. Hell, MC may have more Gleetwood Mac writing credits on Fleetwood Mac albums then multiple past members! IF she were to record with Fleetwood Mac again it would be in this line up. And it would happen quickly.

IF that happened that would be such an unbelievable blessing of New Fleetwood Mac music while most members are in their 70s despite the false narrative around here that “we just never get new music from this band, way way way woah is us!” “But the BuckVie album doesn’t count since it doesnt say Fleetwood Mac on the cover That is the craziest logic I’ve ever heard of!

2011, new stevie album and New Lindsey album

2014, new stevie album

2014/15 the impossible as we were previously told happened and the whole world was given another chance to see the rumors 5 tour in pretty danmed great performances. *

2017, new Fleetwood Mac**

2018 new Lindsey album

2019 new line up of Fleetwood Mac album***

* I know that’s not new music or wasn’t even a great set, but for that tour I’d forgive them since again I’m shocked how quickly we all just take for granted and act so ungrateful that Christine mcvie overcame her phobias and came back to the band as the oldest member of an already old band. THIS was the farewell tour for the rumors 5. It wasn’t called that, but they covered enough ground to basically give anyone who ever wanted to see “that” Fleetwood Mac a chance and if they didn’t then , oh well, there’s plenty of great quality old footage of them for the few thousand new fans they’ve gotten since then. For the much larger majority whom have seen this version of the band MANY times before and show that much to please most of the people on this bird . so now they are forced to change things drastically right down to how they stand. Maybe it was for all the wrong reasons and maybe the most “moral” decision wasn’t made as to who left the band but honestly I think Lindsey is the one I’d rather see on his own. He’s more focused. He WILL release a solo album. Stevie would say how she wants to make an album and write a Rhiannon movie and small theatre tour but get distracted wiTh an offer to join a Tom Petty tribute tour with Dave grohl or something similar. (And I would be at that show and love the **** out of it, and also going to see a Lindsey/Christine Fleetwood Mac) but I prefer it the way we got it. Either way we get Double Product as opposed to just Fleetwood Mac! And anyone who thinks that there’s some kind of “magic” still between those exact 5 people your crazy. All parties have been proven over and over again to perform better away from the fireflies especially this century!

**i don’t care what it was called, we’ve already gotten this last great Fleetwood Mac album with that classic Fleetwood Mac sound, the follow up to tango or say you will depending on your barometer of what’s Fleetwood Mac. This 10 song album was a cohevise masterpiece, and while I may not agree with her logic to not participate her involvement couldn’t have made this album any better. So my point is A) the stevie/mick anger is a bit overblown, if the title is your big ham up then you’ve got serious problems. And B) any “anger” directed at Christine is to me outright blasphemous, considering we have carnival begin, too far gone,feel about you, and red sun to listen to forever when we previously thought she wasn’t going to leave her garden again. But Fu** her for not defending Lindsey blindly in a situation we know nothing about yet.

***this last star wouldn’t need explaining as a positive just a few years ago when the board had more adult minded fans who understood and appreciated the whole history of the band and didn’t live in this social media fantasy land world where everyone is so emotional and on this “poor Lindsey, Lindsey WAS Fleetwood Mac! With no one speaking up against that crazy talk! Lindsey was great but this notion that if the band records an album without Lindsey then it would automatically be less “real” or even sorry to say “potentially” better then the album would be with Lindsey. I know people like SteveMacD see that potential. Some are comparing it to when Lindsey left before as a repeat of something terrible. Well the album made tight Billy in my opinion is better then the previous 2 albums with him. In addition if a repeat of behind the mask means neil will write a song as good as In the Back of My Mind, mixed with Stevie Turing our better material then The Second Time were guaranteed an amazing album.

I realize some might find that offensive to all that Lindsey and Lindsey alone has done for Fleetwood Mac which is Churn out great albums from the bands raw rubbish. When in reality the list of great Fleetwood Mac albums and how responsible I’d say Lindsey is for them is all over the board. While I think his vision on Tusk led to the greatest album of all time by not just this band but all bands. He constructed the greatest album of all time. But after that most of the best albums by this a band were before 1975 with the 2 absolute worse were Lindsey albums (mirage and tango) and then even on upper tier albums he was involved in he made some really questionable decisions as they pertain to song choices or even what directions songs should go in. Best example of that is literally every decision made in every Christine song from the first album was terrible and butchered Chris’s songs. They still ended up nice but after hearing what the started out as, in my opinion he took them all in the wrong direction.

And let me wrap up this long winded post that i can’t even remember which of the 7 Bitching Theme threads I’m even posting this on:

Every other danmed band from their era is either dead or partially dead or retired from being too injured (Brian Johnson and his hearing. And of those still active, they’re all putting out less new material then the forms of this band. With few exceptions one being the inhuman Neil Young. The Rolling Stones don’t have the new material output of the last 10 years as Fleetwood Mac and yet their fans act more reasonable.

And what about Led Zeppelin. How the hell fo they maintain their legendary status with their many fans with no blemishes on them since they just threw it in, in 1980. With Robert Plant being FAR more rigid on Ever reuniting them, yet never being crucified like Stevie Nicks. Yes I know they were just such an honorable group not wanting to replace their drummer. I’ll take the dishonest sneaky, money grubbing band over the honorable band l if th dishonorable bad is giving us product At this advanced age.

Nothing against LZ. I just like to explain things in anologies and that always boggled my mind that so many on this board constantly gives a **** about Fleetwood Mac’s legacy being tarnished? Who Cares. It’s like some of you are so delusional you’d like an alternative universe where the band politely quits to reduce confusion or suffer a tragedy but instead we’ve had an abundance given to us since 2011 with way more on the horizon. How ungreatful, all out of feeling bad for Lindsey. Well I sort of start to too, but then I remember he’s actually better off then almost all of us on The Ledge. and it’s such an odd reason to give up on the band. I’m just blown away the vibe isn’t excitement as it should be in anticipation to what comes next, but mourning like we just experienced a
Natural disaster or terrible death.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post

So you’re basically rewarding Stevie and punishing Lindsey when those fights are not always his fault?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Loyalty to Mick, true, but she may also have agreed that L. deserved to get the boot. We don’t know for sure what went down until we hear directly from one of these five.
She happily toured with him and all of a sudden she wants him out?
Old 04-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She happily toured with him and all of a sudden she wants him out?
Didn’t the tour end in December? If the decision was made in February, March, or April, how do we know what happened in the interim? My speculation is just as valid as fans who are throwing tantrums about Stevie and Mick, and saying Chris sold out and John must be a spineless wimp or that they all only care about money.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn’t the tour end in December? If the decision was made in February, March, or April, how do we know what happened in the interim? My speculation is just as valid as fans who are throwing tantrums about Stevie and Mick, and saying Chris sold out and John must be a spineless wimp or that they all only care about money.
The tour ended in November. He was fired in February. In two months Christine changed her mind about Lindsey? What did he do? Killed her cat?

Stevie and Mick wanted to fire Lindsey is no speculation.