User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I’m in no way disillusioned here. I don’t doubt that she issued that final ultimatum but my point is, she did not wake up and say “hey let’s break up the band today and ruin LB’s life for sh*ts & giggles”. S
sadly, i think that may have been exactly what happened. and she will probably regret it in a few years if he understandably decides to never speak with her again.

the alternative would be that she was plotting this for years. now that would be truly sad.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it doesn't.

but it makes Mike look better, for sure. much better than the other 4 and their official despicable statement.
I wonder who wrote it

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sadly, i think that may have been exactly what happened. and she will probably regret it in a few years if he understandably decides to never speak with her again.

the alternative would be that she was plotting this for years. now that would be truly sad.
As soon as BuckVie happened, the plan was being hatched

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Absolutely. She HATED it, and was a jealous slug that they recorded without her.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will even bet that she records again with the band now that she has Mike Campbell. See? This has STEVIE written ALL OVER IT. She didn't want that horrible monster who ruined all her songs. You know, the guy who produced Gypsy, Rhiannon, Dreams etc.... That guy. SCREW HER. I know this is her. I know it.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I will even bet that she records again with the band now that she has Mike Campbell. See? This has STEVIE written ALL OVER IT. She didn't want that horrible monster who ruined all her songs. You know, the guy who produced Gypsy, Rhiannon, Dreams etc.... That guy. SCREW HER. I know this is her. I know it.
she will suddenly have a burst of "new found creativity"
Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

While she’s a narcissistic, b*tchy diva for sure (and I don’t mean that as an insult, I actually find it entertaining most the time. It kinda makes me just like her more), she definitely isn’t dumb. She’s been sick of him for years now and has done just fine pretending there’s still love there and playing up the whole Buckingham Nicks fantasy love affair for the crowd. She planned all of that scripted love BS on her own. I even remember Linds in an article in the early 2000’s talking about how Stevie and Mick came to him with the idea to put their microphones closer together and have them come up with pre-planned affectionate gestures. The woman knows how to play the game and the goal is always the same: get as much money & positive attention as possible. Anything with Buckingham Nicks involved is guaranteed to do well, but now the stakes have gotten even higher with the full rumours line up reunited. She absolutely knows that her pay raises exponentially as long as all 5 are present and she wouldn’t pass that up. Neither would Mick. They have no real motive to wake up one day and boot him out for no reason. She has nothing to gain. Less money. More negative publicity. It would be pointless.
If she just wanted to tour with a heartbreaker, she’d add them to her solo band. If she had no intention of touring with Lindsey, she would not have willingly signed on to be contractually obligated to another FM tour (and yes, Lindsey was still assumed to be part of this when she signed on).
I still firmly believe the most likely situation was they signed on for the tour fully expecting to go out as the full band and when arguments arose (which they always do, whether it’s over scheduling, set lists, pay grades, or whatever else), it just got out of control and for whatever reason, they just couldn’t work together again at this point.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Can you imagine the B.S. quotes the world is going to have to suffer through? "I realized it's about the art and who cares about sales" VOMIT
Old 04-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
While she’s a narcissistic, b*tchy diva for sure.
yes she's very smart and savvy as you say.

about the money, here is something you may find interesting to read that i posted earlier in Lindsey forum, i'd love to know what you think:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...8&postcount=12

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes she's very smart and savvy as you say.

about the money, here is something you may find interesting to read that i posted earlier in Lindsey forum, i'd love to know what you think:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...8&postcount=12
While it’s not entirely implausible, I still think FM is worth the money to her. I’d wager that her average solo tour probably grosses about 1/3 of the average FM tour. After dividing the pay, she probably makes roughly the same amount from both. The major difference being that at solo shows, it’s just her up there nonstop for over 2 hours. Back in the day i’m sure that would please her narcissism, but now I think she probably benefits from the off time. With FM, many songs only require her to stand there and sing harmonies on a few lines and some don’t even need her presence at all. So basically FM makes her around the same amount of money for one-third of the work and 10x the publicity, which she can then use to promote her own interests too like she did so often during OWTS. Call me crazy but I also think it’s likely that she genuinely likes spending time with Chris and Mick (I doubt they enjoy it nearly as much but hey, the woman = $$$ so they’re pleasant to her either way). And she got FM to hire her best friends to sing back up so she’s still surrounded by people she loves whether she’s on her own or with the band. In actuality, I really think the only thing she doesn’t like about FM is Lindsey. But I still don’t think she had some grand plan to sign on and then get herself or him fired. I just think both of them think of the money/publicity first and always assume they’ll be able to work out the kinks but the second they see each other again they realize they underestimated the level of resentment and hatred and everything just goes to sh*t. This time it just reached new levels.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So here's my take on this whole mess. And you might not be interested because I haven't been here in years but here goes. I think it's a combination of things. This didn't just come out of the blue and like someone said:"They didn't wake up one day and said:"Oh, let's make Lindsey's life hell".

First there's the matter of jealousy. I think Miss Nicks couldn't stand it that they made a record without her despite the fact that she said in the press that she wished them all the best. If she did, than why wasn't it called a Fleetwood Mac album? Because that's what it was, it had 4 members on it. But for whatever reason, it wasn't called Fleetwood Mac. So they called it Buckingham McVie. That's a slap in her face, it refers back to Buckingham Nicks.
Lindsey & Christine worked together which was pretty successful. Go back to the old days when Lindsey & Stevie first joined the band and Lindsey wrote World Turning with Christine. She was extremely jealous. I remember reading back then that she said:"He can write a song with her but not with me". That got her pissed off (although they did write Frozen Love together but I don't know the circumstances of that process). Not only that, Buckingham McVie had a pretty successful tour, they got good reviews.

Second there's the abuse. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Lindsey physically abused her. I'm a victim of domestic violence myself and I know the signs, I know the looks. It's scary. And very stressful to work with someone who has abused you in the past. An example of the fear: I hadn't talked to/seen my ex in 15 years and all of a sudden there's a message from him on Facebook. It's been 15 years, I'm in the USA, he's in Europe. I have nothing to fear, he's a million miles away. That's not how it works. I was scared to death. I had to rationalize my thoughts.
I've seen footage of a concert in 1979 where Lindsey grabs Stevie during Angel and she was scared. You could see it in her eyes. She was scared to death. I wish I knew of a way to post it here. However, having said that, she also said, years later, that when she saw him with his kids she made a huge mistake letting him go...

Third there is the power. He has softened through the years, has grown, is not abusive anymore but still pushes her buttons but finally she can say:"It's him or me". She has nothing left to lose by saying that. Her solo career is very successful. Even if Fleetwood Mac would have said:"Well Stevie, we rather have him", there's no loss. She'd just go on her merry solo way and be just as successful as he has ever been. Add Mike Campbell to her band and make another 24kg.

There's one thing that she forgets though: if it weren't for Lindsey she would never have been a part of Fleetwood Mac. She'd been a waitress, a cleaning lady until she inherited all this money from her parents and would live in a big house by herself (with probably her brother and Lori) and her doggies. But because she became a part of Fleetwood Mac and not only that, she became the face of Fleetwood Mac, she became arrogant. I've loved this woman since '77 so this is very hard for me to say but what I've seen over the years is that she changed from a rock 'n roll hippie into a rock 'n roll diva. Back in the 70's, 80's early 90's, she was sweet, compassionate, humble, patient, a very warm personality. I've met her a few times during those era's and I had nothing but praise for her. That's why I can say this.
Another thing she forgets is Lindsey's magic on her songs. There's nobody on this earth who can and will understand her songs as well as he does. Even Christine said about Dreams:"It's just 3 bloody chords" to which Lindsey replied:"Yeah, but they're the right chords". He worked his magic and boom, they had a number one hit.

All 'n all, I just think she was fed up with him. "How dare he ask for a delay when he just toured with Christine and wrote all those beautiful songs with her". What's not important in her mind is that she delayed and delayed and delayed. And Mick went with the money as he usually does.

As far as the true fans are concerned... I guess we're just an after thought.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-12-2018, 07:52 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
As far as the true fans are concerned... I guess we're just an after thought.
We have been an afterthought for decades, and it's frankly our fault as fans, since we put up with their juvenile delinquencies. All those people yelling at FM on FB? I am willing to bet when the tour comes around they will all buy the overpriced tickets anyway. Heck, the attention may even make radio play more of their songs, so the icon can go "ching-ching" or something and make some improvements to her house with her royalty check.

I have not seen the number of their "likes" on the FM page on FB diminish these past few days.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think she was plotting this for years. Maybe since the BuckVie album.

I don't know if she will regret it. I don't know this woman anymore. But my bet is that she will. And I really, really hope he shuts the door on her face.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Bingo!

Sometimes I wonder is she created all this mess just to catch his attention....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm not so sure about that. She doesn't want to do anything but tour. I honestly don't know what she's planning to do with all that money. She has no kids to send to college, no relatives to care financially for. Couldn't she just be happy instead of ruining a family's life?