The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 AM

Default Get Tusked

I did a quick search to see if anyone posted about this. Apologies if I missed it.
I'll delete this if there's a thread already. This is just one of the links I saw for the book.

https://www.target.com/p/get-tusked-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 05-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how many copies get sold of this stuff. I mean, we're die hards, and buy it, but will 10K people do that? It's difficult to imagine that it would be worth publishing to only sell 1K copies.

I googled CAH's Storms, for copies sold, and couldn't find an answer...
Old 05-29-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wonder how many copies get sold of this stuff. I mean, we're die hards, and buy it, but will 10K people do that? It's difficult to imagine that it would be worth publishing to only sell 1K copies.

I googled CAH's Storms, for copies sold, and couldn't find an answer...
Depends on marketing budget and distribution.
We shall see. Only 5 more months. haha
Old 05-29-2019, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

while I'm sure Ken would love to rake in beaucoup bucks from his book(s), one has to also consider that maybe he also wants to document things for the "historical record" as it were. Like other people in the band or whomever may go on to write their own books which will reflect their own perspectives and biases, or... maybe none of the band will and it'll all be lost once everyone involved is gone, so he wants to put his version of the story out there. I also think based on stuff he's said in various interviews etc that he kinda feels a bit slighted by Lindsey, that he (and maybe to some extent Richard also) don't get their fair dues in regards to what they contributed to these FM albums-- what ideas they contributed etc and all credit tends to go automatically to LB (e.g., Richard saying the band didn't really see the potential of Dreams but he did and pushed in his way to get them to give it a go; and Ken saying it was his idea to do the pre-chorus on Dreams (stillness....lonely....heartbeat....etc). People want their contributions recognized
So maybe his goal in getting a book out goes beyond just the NYT best seller list or lots of royalties.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
while I'm sure Ken would love to rake in beaucoup bucks from his book(s), one has to also consider that maybe he also wants to document things for the "historical record" as it were. Like other people in the band or whomever may go on to write their own books which will reflect their own perspectives and biases, or... maybe none of the band will and it'll all be lost once everyone involved is gone, so he wants to put his version of the story out there. I also think based on stuff he's said in various interviews etc that he kinda feels a bit slighted by Lindsey, that he (and maybe to some extent Richard also) don't get their fair dues in regards to what they contributed to these FM albums-- what ideas they contributed etc and all credit tends to go automatically to LB (e.g., Richard saying the band didn't really see the potential of Dreams but he did and pushed in his way to get them to give it a go; and Ken saying it was his idea to do the pre-chorus on Dreams (stillness....lonely....heartbeat....etc). People want their contributions recognized
So maybe his goal in getting a book out goes beyond just the NYT best seller list or lots of royalties.
yes, because Caillat and Dashut actually got both the producer credit and royalties that go with that, in addition to accolades. unlike Lindsey who got no credit and no money for producing those albums with them.

he definitely seems to have some bones he wants to pick with Lindsey, that's been pretty obvious for a while now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2019, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, because Caillat and Dashut actually got both the producer credit and royalties that go with that, in addition to accolades. unlike Lindsey who got no credit and no money for producing those albums with them.
Good news elle. On my original copy of Tusk from 1979 it says: Produced by Lindsey Buckingham with Richard Dashut & Ken Calliet. And somewhere in it's liner notes it says: Special thanks from the Band to Lindsey Buckingham.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Good news elle. On my original copy of Tusk from 1979 it says: Produced by Lindsey Buckingham with Richard Dashut & Ken Calliet. And somewhere in it's liner notes it says: Special thanks from the Band to Lindsey Buckingham.
interesting - would you re-check and please share a photo of it?

i don't have original copy of Tusk, but seems that everywhere else but on that original copy of yours producers of Tusk are Fleetwood Mac, Ken Caillat, and Richard Dashut https://www.allmusic.com/album/tusk-...190000/credits

Fleetwood Mac
Tusk

AllMusic Rating 10 User Ratings (1,582)

Credits
Artist Credit
Peter Beard Photography
Dave Brolan Project Assistant
Lindsey Buckingham Composer, Group Member, Guitar, Quotation Author, Track Engineer, Vocals
Patrick Byrne Crew
Ken Caillat Engineer, Producer
Richard Dashut Engineer, Producer

Jason Day Project Supervisor
Kate Dear Project Supervisor
Sheryl Farber Project Assistant
Rich Feldman Assistant
Fleetwood Mac Primary Artist, Producer
Mick Fleetwood Drums, Group Member, Percussion
Tim Fraser-Harding Project Supervisor
Lisa Glines Project Assistant
Daniel Hersch Remastering
Bill Inglot Reissue Producer
Jim Irvin Liner Notes
Mike Johnson Project Assistant
Raymond Lindsey Crew
Christine McVie Composer, Group Member, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals
John McVie Bass, Group Member
Stevie Nicks Composer, Group Member, Vocals
Jayne Odgers Photography
Ken Perry Mastering
Hernan Rojas Assistant, Engineer
Norman Seeff Photography
Amanda J. Smith Repackaging Supervison
Matt Smyth Project Assistant
John Strother Project Assistant
Olivia Thomas Product Manager
Greg Thomason Crew
Vigon Nahas Vigon Art Direction, Design
Mike Wilson Project Assistant
Rory Wilson Reissue Design
Steve Woolard Reissue Producer

and yes, because Lindsey is NOT listed as a producer on Tusk while he did the work, while FM as a band is listed as a producer, band did give him "special thanks" for basically taking his producing credit.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2019, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is what i found that it actually says (on remaster):

Produced by Fleetwood Mac (special thanks from the band to Lindsey Buckingham) with Richard Dashut & Ken Caillat.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is what i found that it actually says (on remaster):

Produced by Fleetwood Mac (special thanks from the band to Lindsey Buckingham) with Richard Dashut & Ken Caillat.
this is what I recall it saying from the time of release, because LB commented later that he should have been listed as producer, not the lame "special thanks"
Old 05-29-2019, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
interesting - would you re-check and please share a photo of it?

i don't have original copy of Tusk, but seems that everywhere else but on that original copy of yours producers of Tusk are Fleetwood Mac, Ken Caillat, and Richard Dashut https://www.allmusic.com/album/tusk-...190000/credits

Fleetwood Mac
Tusk

AllMusic Rating 10 User Ratings (1,582)

Credits
Artist Credit
Peter Beard Photography
Dave Brolan Project Assistant
Lindsey Buckingham Composer, Group Member, Guitar, Quotation Author, Track Engineer, Vocals
Patrick Byrne Crew
Ken Caillat Engineer, Producer
Richard Dashut Engineer, Producer

Jason Day Project Supervisor
Kate Dear Project Supervisor
Sheryl Farber Project Assistant
Rich Feldman Assistant
Fleetwood Mac Primary Artist, Producer
Mick Fleetwood Drums, Group Member, Percussion
Tim Fraser-Harding Project Supervisor
Lisa Glines Project Assistant
Daniel Hersch Remastering
Bill Inglot Reissue Producer
Jim Irvin Liner Notes
Mike Johnson Project Assistant
Raymond Lindsey Crew
Christine McVie Composer, Group Member, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals
John McVie Bass, Group Member
Stevie Nicks Composer, Group Member, Vocals
Jayne Odgers Photography
Ken Perry Mastering
Hernan Rojas Assistant, Engineer
Norman Seeff Photography
Amanda J. Smith Repackaging Supervison
Matt Smyth Project Assistant
John Strother Project Assistant
Olivia Thomas Product Manager
Greg Thomason Crew
Vigon Nahas Vigon Art Direction, Design
Mike Wilson Project Assistant
Rory Wilson Reissue Design
Steve Woolard Reissue Producer

and yes, because Lindsey is NOT listed as a producer on Tusk while he did the work, while FM as a band is listed as a producer, band did give him "special thanks" for basically taking his producing credit.
I just sent you a pic of it on fb.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, mine says the same thing!
Old 05-30-2019, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am interested in this book. The summer is here and during traveling this summer this book and Howard Stern Comes Again are on the list.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am interested in this book. The summer is here and during traveling this summer this book and Howard Stern Comes Again are on the list.
Comes Again has great interviews. Great read!
Old 05-30-2019, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Yep, mine says the same thing!
lol I doubt it. Homer just sent me a pic on fb. You guys are separating 1 statement into 2 sentences and splicing together parts that make a completely different meaning. What I wrote above in red is what it says on the original Tusk vinyl. LB does not have a producer credit on Tusk.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this is what I recall it saying from the time of release, because LB commented later that he should have been listed as producer, not the lame "special thanks"
Yup, that’s what it says. So LB should be the one w axe to grind. Not the band and not Caillat. Maybe all those chiffs are correct and the guy is a saint considering all the bs his dear “friends” / band members put him through over decades and he was just taking it and when he dared to take a credit for his work he was immediately labeled as selfish prick or worse.