User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
now imagine if they did call themselves Fleetwood Mac and Mick and John agreed to tour those new songs the 4-some version of FM recorded and they also just for a good measure picked a SN song to cover. maybe Landslide (since LB-composed guitar solo is a huge part of the song recognition). how would you feel then?
Speaking only for myself, obviously, but I would have absolutely no problem with that. In fact, I would love it because that would be a way for the band to acknowledge Stevie's contribution to the band and it would be beautiful to hear either Christine or Lindsey sing it in their own style. I would love it if FM had experimented more with sharing their vocals on each other's songs live. And Stevie and Lindsey did sing Say You Love Me when Christine was gone, along with Don't Stop, I think. But am I the only one who gets goosebumps at the idea of Lindsey singing Landslide?

However, I suspect I would be in the minority and that you're right- some people would be very angry if Lindsey or Christine sang a Stevie song. But I would not be one of those fans.

Last edited by bwboy; 09-22-2018 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-22-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
right. After they do their fixes and overdubs.
I know this may come as a shock but I was agreeing with you.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I thought they were really good on all four numbers but man, is Christine's voice shot. How the hell is going to make it through a long world tour? Sad, really.
I think she sounds much better than on the BuckVie tour. I actually think she may have been working on her voice.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I also heard Stevie sing at the end of GDW "you can't shake me down" Towards Lindsey perhaps?
Oh yeah. This is how we're going to get Stevie's side of the story, in little ad libs in the songs. And I just loved, loved, loved the catwalk.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I thought so too, and they'll be just fine on the tour. When this happened in 1987-88, people were saying the same things, had the same arguments. But people went, had a great time, and heard songs the band hadn't played in years. I'd imagine it will be the same with the latest incarnation. The band seems happy on stage, and they deserve to be. The haters can look forward to The Dance 2.
We didn't have the social media onslaught in '87 - '88 that we do know. This is quite a bit more intense.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Mike, other than playing the requisite guitar bits, is clearly totally himself in his appearance and behavior onstage and no one has one iota of an issue with that that I've heard.

Neil, on the other hand, was clearly brought in to fill in the third "frontman/lead singer" slot, and as such is trying to emulate much of the interaction LB had with the band. He's no LB (which is why they had to get Mike) and it's cheesy.

It just makes it all the more clear to me at least that Stevie wanted Mike in the band and couldn't say his name fast enough after giving her ultimatum about LB. Then it was like, oh, Mike isn't that kind of kinetic energy frontman, so we need someone else to do the singing and the fronting. Even in the CBS interview they admitted they brought in Mike asap and then had to go on a search for a second person. All to make her happy.

It would be like kicking her out, then having to find two people to replace her-- one to sing, and one who had the tambourine chops.
Is this fan fic?
Old 09-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Now if Neil wore a grey vest and pants, and a hat from which underneath he sported a mop of luscious curly hair like Lindsey had during their Mirage tour, I would be with you completely!
Or…

ETA: Not to mention he played a white Les Paul Custom on that tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 09-22-2018 at 01:24 PM..
Old 09-22-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
I agree except when it comes to SHN. That, to me, was awfully awkward and I dont think it fit Neil at all.
Oh, but Stevie was so desperate for him to fit in that she sang SHN like never before.

That's probably why it sucked so much. It was never her song.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Glad you liked it! What did you think of Neil"s performance with in FM as opposed to when he's solo or with Crowded House or Split Enz? Did you feel like he blended in ok?
I think the voices blended fairly well together.

Vocally, it wasn't the beautiful blend that Neil achieves with his brother Tim Finn or Mark Hart (from Crowded House) but it was very good. The tough thing is that Stevie and Christine or so gravely but I'm sure it will get better as the tour goes on.

Musically, Neil seemed assured and in command. Would love to see his humor come out a bit. He's usually hilarious at Crowded House concerts especially his interplay with band members so would love to see Neil banter a bit with Stevie and Mick.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
All? Great? LOL
They sounded good but Neil sounded horrible and has no chemistry with the ladies. He's got to go!
I really can't see how anyone can say Neil sounded horrible. He sounded good to me. As far as chemistry, Neil is such an affable team-player that any chemistry issue would fall on Stevie and Christine. The two ladies do their own thing and don't seem too interested in interacting with Neil or Mike on stage. Neil is incredible at stage banter and I'd love to see him chat a bit on stage with the other band members and perhaps he'll do that as the tour goes on.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think she sounds much better than on the BuckVie tour. I actually think she may have been working on her voice.
I think so too. To me, the real test will be if she tries You Make Loving Fun again which was HORRID during the BuckVie tour.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It just seems like such an odd choice. I wonder know how many Lindsey songs are in the set.
I tend to agree that Second Hand News wasn't the best choice for such a short set. "Oh Well" would have been a much better choice. That being said, I thought Neil and Stevie did just fine with the vocal on that song. And I wonder if they chose Second Hand News as kind of lyrical wink ...

"One thing I think you should know
I ain't gonna miss you when you go
Been down so long
I've been tossed around enough."
Old 09-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Thanks for posting! I was a bit worried after the Ellen clips but they are going to be just fine on this tour. Excited! The Chain was much better than on TV. Christine sounded better on Little Lies than she did on the BuckVie show. Hysterical that they did SHN.
Me too! Especially because of all the money that will go to Lindsey's pockets.

It's an honor they're doing any of Lindsey's songs. It means they can't do it without him, no matter how big of a star Stevie is.

I was expecting plenty of pre-BN songs. But no, they had to depend on Lindsey....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Me too! Especially because of all the money that will go to Lindsey's pockets.

It's an honor they're doing any of Lindsey's songs. It means they can't do it without him, no matter how big of a star Stevie is.

I was expecting plenty of pre-BN songs. But no, they had to depend on Lindsey....
Of course they are going to do some of his songs. No one truly expected otherwise. We’ll see how many when the tour launches. For the love of god JUST PLEASE DO NOT DO NOT THAT FUNNY OR BIG LOVE.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Of course they are going to do some of his songs. No one truly expected otherwise. We’ll see how many when the tour launches. For the love of god JUST PLEASE DO NOT DO NOT THAT FUNNY OR BIG LOVE.
Although I think they could get away without doing any Lindsey songs, I assumed Go Your Own Way, and possibly Tusk would be in the set. Looks like Second Hand News is in, but I doubt if Not That Funny or Big Love makes the cut. Then again, you never know with this band.

And I'm not anti-Lindsey songs in the set (well, maybe I am a bit), I just don't think Neil is up to the task at all. I really wasn't impressed with him from last night's show. Nothing against the guy, but I don't feel him.