Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Favorite live versions from "Rumours"?

Second Hand News: I really like Sin City 77 when his voice was still high!

Dreams: It's BEST in the studio, but I like Sin City '77

Never Going Back Again: I love the Live '80 album version! I have this one version that is greatness, I don't know where it's from, but it's 3 minutes 47 seconds long.

Don't Stop: The Dance, since I'm kinda bored with the song.

GYOW: Mirage 82 LA is greatness!! I love how he stresses certain words in the verses. I like how Stevie sings "another lonely...".

Songbird: I've only heard the Dance version and one other that is exactly 4 minutes long, don't know where the heck it's from tho! DOH!

Chain: EASY...Mirage 1982 LA!! Not for the voices, which weren't in top form, but for the guitar solo!!!!!! WOOHOO!!

YMLF: I have only heard 3 live versions of this, but I would say the Dance version is my fave because I'm sick of this one too. LOL

IDWTK: N/A Did they do this live? If so, I haven't heard any.

Oh Daddy: I've only heard two versions from the Dance era.

GDW: The Dance, I love that growl she does! Another good one is Sin City '77 with the aahhh-wahaa-haa-haa thing at the end! LOL
Old 07-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SHN- Shine Angel CD

Dreams- September 13th 1983 in New York City Although no live version is good enoygh to match the original.

NGBA- Sin City 77

Don't Stop- Live 80

GYOW- NO COMPITITION. MIRAGE VIDEO. Such emotion. The way he said everything turned around. And Stevie singing those parts. And i'll say it again that damn rosebud version is way too over rated.

Songbird- Mirage video. Songbird is songbird live. Not bad. It just doesn't change much.

The Chain- Again NO COMPETION MIRAGE video. You can tell i like this video. But really Go Your Own Way and The Chain WERE the best here. And to disagree with Christy I like it not for the guitar solo but for the vocals.

YMLF- dunno, i guess the japan version from 79

Oh Daddy- never heard a live version.

GDW- dreamer CD. Dance is good but is over rated.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-14-2002, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Favorite live versions from "Rumours"?

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
YMLF: I have only heard 3 live versions of this, but I would say the Dance version is my fave because I'm sick of this one too. LOL
I missed the humor there.

My choices are:

SHN - Tempe AZ Sept 30 1982
Dreams - Dallas TX July 23 1978
NGBA - Rockline 1993
Don't - East Troy WI Oct 10 1982
GYOW - Oklahoma City OK May 18 1977
Songbird - Osaka Japan Dec 4 1977
Chain - Irvine CA Oct 18 1982
YMLF - Madison WI May 5 1977
Daddy - Buffalo NY August 28 1978
Gold - New York City NY June 30 1977
Old 07-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Second Hand News - Aghh..the album version really IS the best! But as far as the live versions go I'd say Irvine Meadows '97...simply because the I love that drum build up at the beginning. Can only imagine what it must have sounded like if I was actually there!

Dreams - I'd have to say the Dance..I love the delay effect on Lindsey's guitar. I prefer the delay effect to the volume pedal effect of Sin City etc Stevie's vocals aren't half as good as they used to be but I prefer the feeling of the newer version overall.

Never Going Back Again - Sin City '77. The beat he gets going with the crowd, it's almost as though he's got them working as his drums !! It's so cool! And you know the little country bit he plays at the beginning and goes "Wooh!!" and cracks up! He was loving every second of it!

Don't Stop - The Dance. It sounds grander than ever!

Go Your Own Way - Mirage Video..L.A. '82...the KING of all GYOW's!!! "BABY i'd GIIIIIVE YOOOU MAAAAAAAAAAAA WO--RLD!!!"

Songbird - Like Hawkeye said, it's a great song whereever, whenever. I really have no preference. The Dance version I guess, because it's the last time it will ever have been done live...?

The Chain - The Mirage Video. This IS the Chain as far as I'm concerned !! You can hear every love/hate emotion in the exchanges between them during the chorus....and the guitar solo.....what can i say..?....EVERY time I hear him put those reverb-drenched backing notes over John's solo and it explodes into one of my favourite solos of all time....I LOVE IT!!!!!! The whole song is just so frickin' intense !!!

You Make Loving Fun - I love the Mirage video version of this too! Simply because I've seen it so every time I hear it I remember Lindsey's funny-walk during the chorus and his maniac face expressions during his solos ! It's a great version anyway!

I Don't Want To Know - Ummm....uhh.....oh...that's right....IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE LIVE!!! Lindsey..Stevie...John...Mick...!! If any of you are reading this!!! H I N T !!!!!!!!

Oh Daddy - Any of the versions from the Tusk Tour which have that beautiful guitar-harmonics intro. I'd love to see footage of Lindsey playing this back then.

Gold Dust Woman - Sin City'77...it sounds so damn atmospheric....I can almost smell the good stuff in the air!
Stevie totally "out of it" sounds damn sexy...and I do love the way Lindsey's violining guitar makes the song sound totally mysterious...

FAVOURITE OF THE LOT: You guessed it...The Chain '82. Awesome.

Old 07-15-2002, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking WOOHOO!!

Quote:
FAVOURITE OF THE LOT: You guessed it...The Chain '82. Awesome.
RIGHT NOW I am listening to the greatness that is THE CHAIN 82!!!!!

"RUNNIN, YES I'M RUNNIN!!!" I got chills!!!

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 07-15-2002 at 08:45 PM..
Old 07-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Ledgie

Okay, quick question first... someone above mentioned SHN from the Shrine Angel album?!?! I don't have that track on my copy...! Would anyone be willing to help me out and send it to me...? Pleeeeeease?? This is my FAV song live, and I've never heard it from the Shrine Angel cd... so I'd be grateful if someone would help me out... I could maybe send you something in return...? My e-mail is arichar4@maine.rr.com, and on AIM, I am largadam, so if anyone can help me...! (hint hint!)

Ok, anyways, here goes:

Second Hand News: Las Vegas '77
Dreams: Paris, '80
Never Going Back Again: Chicago '93 (OotC)
Don't Stop: Irvine Meadows '97
Go Your Own Way: North Carolina, '75
Songbird: Ummm...they are ALL great!
The Chain: Japan '80
You Make Loving Fun: The Dance video
I Don't Want to Know: Grr..... I'll substitute is for Silver Springs: umm, I forget what show it is... the one in '97 where Lindsey finishes the song...!
Oh Daddy: St. Louis '79
Gold Dust Woman: Any performance from the TISL tour... I loved how the cowbell has the echo to it... greatness...

Well, it was nice posting here again. I hope to start posting more often...!

Adam R.