User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jmn3
Brian, I agree completely with you. For one, it just doesn't seem to make sense for the two bands to go out together. I like them both, but not at the same concert, they are too different. This is in addition to the money thing. I can't see either band being so desparate for attendance that they would try to improve it by going on the road with each other.

By the way Brian, what ever happened with those montage's for free boots?
Thank you! 'Bout time someone get realistic. Why even bother with all the logistics of a double bill if you're filling arenas as-is. The games page is still up and no one has won either contest (damn close though):
http://www.geocities.com/bjk3047/Games.html
Only six people have given either one a try...soo come on people!
-Brian
Old 06-20-2002, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink I could live w/ Spring 2003...

And I honestly don't think that Mick appearing on a TV show, or Stevie doing a benefit concert here and there is what's slowing down the release. I'd rather they take all the time they need, and give us a kick-ass album, rather than rush everything just to please the impatient fans.

As far as timing, there are basically 2 times a year that record companies saturate the market - spring and Christmas. Peak touring season is spring thru fall, which makes sense, considering the logistics of touring, avoiding winter weather, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Livia
Old 06-20-2002, 07:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Cool Spring 2003

I agree with Livia...I can hold off until Spring 2003 (not that any of us have any choice!) I'm not too disappointed about the delay because I never thought we'd see it this year anyway. Besides, it gives me longer to save up money for the next tour, because I'm going to go to absolutely every show that is humanly possible. Even if the setlist and between song chatter is the same, night after night.

So Spring 2003, maybe an April or May release, like TISL, would be great. Especially with a super long tour that starts early, winds it's way across the US, heads over the the UK, then maybe Australia, Japan, all of the old Rumours/Tusk tour stomping grounds. Then, back to the US for another leg. I'd love a six month tour and really, what else do those people have to do?

I do think this will be the last hurrah for our favorite band. I can't see them waiting another five + years after this next project and doing something else. And I certainly don't see the band reconvening in less time than that. So I'm gearing up for this next project - tour, CD and all - to be IT. The End of a fascinating story and an incredible band.

Mike B.
Old 06-23-2002, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually haven't even been thinking about the new cd. I sort of forgot about it. After I heard it was delayed when Mick's babies were born I was like - here we go again! lol! I mean, he knew 9 months earlier that was going to be happening and still we heard the cd would be out this summer, so it didn't make much sense to me...

So, I wonder if it *is* actually done (and I can see no reason why it wouldn't be unless they did decide to do a double album - which I would be more than happy to wait for!). Seems like their stuff and Stevie's is always released in the spring now. But why not release it before Christmas instead and then they could start some touring in January in the warmer states, then work their way to the colder states for outdoor shows in the spring and summer, and then head to Europe. But what do I know. All I know it I can't wait to hear it.

With all this delay, I really hope it is a double album. But...I won't get my hopes up. It just makes you wonder, if it is done and they label is just waiting, what is Stevie up to. I hope working on another album, or a book, or something... Of course, if I were her, I'd be just chilling out and enjoying my family and friends and enjoying life. I just adore her music so much though - I get greedy! BUT - in all this waiting - I never get sick of listening to all their past stuff. So, it's not like they ever leave us high and dry. They love us as much as we love them, I think!

One thing, I do wish they had more videos out there. I wish there was one for Enchanted, and Wild Heart, and Behind the Mask, etc. That could help tide us crazy fans over till the next album if they put more stuff out there for us.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Album(s) and Tour

In an interview release(June 24) that Reuters conducted with Mick, it stated that the album will be out early next year with a tour to begin in April. Expect a Greatest Hits package to be released around Xmas this year.

It was also noted that they already have recorded enough material to fill a double album.

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 06-24-2002 at 07:03 PM..
Old 06-24-2002, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Another...

"Greatest Hits" package? That's kinda disappointing since there is already one released and the boxed set had close to most of those songs on the "Greatest Hits" album. I hope this new "Greatest Hits" has more variety though...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the info, Joe!

A new Greatest Hits package, hmmm? Even though I don't see a huge need for it, there *was* room for improvement left by 1988's Greatest Hits disc... so a new release could be cool... IF they include some cool collectable stuff... the radio mixes for "Over My Head" and "Rhiannon" come to mind.

I'm sure this news will deeply disappoint a lot of people though, and I'm sure some fans will grumble considerably about the record company milking Fleetwood Mac's back catalog (which I'm sure is a marketing strategy to give the new album some momentum prior to its release)... but I guess I'm just easier to please than most.
Since we have no choice but to wait until Spring for the new album, I dont mind something that is *somewhat* new in the meantime.
And hey, we always have the option to not buy it, if we choose.

Since they've apparently recorded enough material for a double album (which we've heard from a couple different sources now), I think it would be extremely wise for them to release one 14-15 track album early next year... tour the world... then use the rest of the songs they've recorded (and perhaps 2 or 3 additional tunes), and release a second album either in December of 2003, or in the Spring of 2004.

A Mac fan can dream, can't he?

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 06-24-2002 at 09:37 PM..
Old 06-25-2002, 08:31 AM

If it's going to take another year to get this damn record, I'm really beginning to think this band doesn't deserve the fans it has. Let's say the label is causing the delay, then it's time for Stevie, Lindsey and Mick to stand up and take the record elsewhere. How long are they going to be jerked around by the label? Or is that not really the issue? Maybe the band members really are only concerned with making a few bucks off the fans again, and will do whatever the label tells them.

Lindsey has mused publicly about releasing a solo album, not releasing a solo album, putting the band's name on it, whatever. Hey, wake the (&*^%%$ up! And make up your minds. It's just pop music. They're taking the fun out of it with all this nonsense.

Wait till next spring, then pay $20 (or more if it's a double album)? Tell me it's not about the money.

Hell with these ^%*$! people. I'm going to focus on the other bands I like that care about the fans.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
If it's going to take another year to get this damn record, I'm really beginning to think this band doesn't deserve the fans it has.
The "Tusk" incarnation of this group has never been fan-savvy or fan-friendly. Expecting them to be so is like expecting a cat to bark; it just isn't in their nature. Can be extremely frustrating, as we all know. The Peter Green/Splinter Group fans are a lot luckier these days.

Quote:
And make up your minds. It's just pop music. They're taking the fun out of it with all this nonsense.
They're the band that cries "wolf." Stevie Nicks is the only one of that particular fivesome who has a relatively good sense of her fan base & what they're waiting for & what they want in general. The others are completely cut off, by choice, from their admirers. Those admirers are all just part of the some vague mass called the "public." The band would probably be surprised to hear that some people actually listen to Fleetwood Mac records during periods of band inactivity. They may even consider that neurotic.

Quote:
Hell with these ^%*$! people. I'm going to focus on the other bands I like that care about the fans.
Why not post that as feedback on Mr. Fleetwood's official nothing of a site? It certainly won't help, but it won't hurt, either -- & it probably gives you a nice buzz.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:10 AM

By Jove, David! That's a good idea! I might just do that.